Motive: The Truck

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that, unlike an unnamed source, Kavanagh was in no position to speculate in public. He was responsible for dealing with the Bosma family and he was not going to go on the record in the media before talking to them and having solid evidence. As for him not knowing what a "thrill kill" is, I do find that rather implausible although it's possible he didn't know that particular term.

<rsbm>

Considering that the report stated that the "thrill kill" suggestion was made "days before the body of TB was discovered", I think it was a little premature for anyone to be in the position to make that speculation. Even more so someone not involved in the investigation.

JMO

I think we would all prefer all comments to be on the record. Just curious as to what benefit LE would have in having unnamed sources leak out false or misleading information? and do you have any examples of them actually doing this? TIA

I'm not going to suggest any possible reasons for the leaks, but some that seem to have possibly come from some form of LE or government body might be...

Michael Brown - http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/08/21/1323475/-The-case-of-Michael-Brown-Missing-police-reports-anonymous-sources-and-shoddy-journalism#

Maher Arar - http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/02/business/media/02arar.html?pagewanted=print&_r=0

Richard Jewell - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Jewell - http://www.cnn.com/US/9612/19/fbi.media.leaks/

Just as the speculation of why DM would want to steal a truck when he had cash and could purchase one, two, maybe a dozen trucks if he wanted. Brand new at that also, so why settle for a used one? Some murderers have a pattern or preference.

Ted Bundy chose to murder young, white, females with long hair. Robert Pickton, his preference, mainly ladies of the night. Maybe the accused had a thing for Dodge Ram trucks, after all he owned one. Then there are those murderers who like to keep trophies/souvenirs of their victims. Maybe the truck would serve as a souvenir. All MOO.

In the case of TB, I understand the point you are making, that MS is more likely to be the driving force behind the crime. That would not however make DM innocent. Also, in the two previous murders, MS really had nothing to gain. I still believe that DM was the mastermind and MS, a petty at best, just got caught up in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I can think of a couple of things, but MS isn't even charged in both of the previous deaths. And if both participated, neither is innocent.

JMO

<rsbm>

Considering that the report stated that the "thrill kill" suggestion was made "days before the body of TB was discovered", I think it was a little premature for anyone to be in the position to make that speculation. Even more so someone not involved in the investigation.

JMO

I'm not seeing where it says "days before" in the Sun article but it's late so maybe I'm missing it.

The article was written after Millard was charged and the remains were found and the source references the incinerator so I'm confused.

I'm not seeing where it says "days before" in the Sun article but it's late so maybe I'm missing it.

The article was written after Millard was charged and the remains were found and the source references the incinerator so I'm confused.

That particular statement is actually in the Star article:

Days before the body of Tim Bosma was discovered, Hamilton police speculated that he may have been murdered in a so-called thrill kill, a source has told the Star.

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2013/05/17/tim_bosma_ancaster_man_was_killed_inside_truck_source_says.html

Just as the speculation of why DM would want to steal a truck when he had cash and could purchase one, two, maybe a dozen trucks if he wanted. Brand new at that also, so why settle for a used one? Some murderers have a pattern or preference.

Ted Bundy chose to murder young, white, females with long hair. Robert Pickton, his preference, mainly ladies of the night. Maybe the accused had a thing for Dodge Ram trucks, after all he owned one. Then there are those murderers who like to keep trophies/souvenirs of their victims. Maybe the truck would serve as a souvenir. All MOO.

I don't see a pattern Swedie. Was another truck stolen and its owner killed? I thought this was the only one that is or has been attributed to the accused? Many men have 'a thing' for trucks and so do some women.

hmmmmmmmmmmmm again...I guess they took the Ram Diesel truck out for a test drive BUT the truck had nothing to do with their motive to Kill an INNOCENT family man ....they were just like calling PPL for ram diesel Truck with the same motor cause they had nothing better to do with there time....hmmmmmmmmmm I think ..........NOT...but than JMHO here...robynhood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unsilent_bob