Mr. Kyle's Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any way to find out if Mr. Kyle is familiar with Vernor's Ginger Ale? I don't think it's distributed far and wide and I haven't found a single bottle of it in Colorado...

Is that brand recognized by anyone of you here that isn't from Mich.?

If this is a dumb question, just ignore me. :)
----------------------------------------------------
I am not from Michigan and I do not recognize Vernor's Ginger Ale.

Hi dreamweaver, I googled an image of Faygo Redpop and an old-fashioned bottle came up full of pink liquid :D

You're right about the regions!

----------------------------------------------------
I am not from Michigan and I do not recognize Vernor's Ginger Ale.

Missed this one before. Vernor's was sold/known in Central/Southern IL as I recall it - and I am thinking in the St Louis area, and parts of South Eastern Missouri.

Sorry if the "Vernor's" was off topic, I was just trying to think of regional items/products and that was the one thing I could think of. Looking for radio jingles is a good idea too (since on the radio they have to catch your attention with words or music.) I haven't found anything "unique" to Colorado as far as a brand or anything is concerned, but I'll keep asking.

In re-reading over all the info for BK, I notice that one of his memories was of the Big Mac or McNichols Sports Arena in Denver. I researched this, and discovered that the Big Mac was built and completed in 1975 and razed in 1999. It was the home of the Denver Spurs from 1975-1976, the Colorado Rockies from 1976-1982, Colorado Flames from 1982-84, the Denver Nuggets from 1975-1999, the Denver Avalanche from 1981-82, and Colorado Avalanche from 1995-1999, and the Denver Grizzlies from 1994-1995. The highest scoring game in NBA history was played here in 1983, when the Denver Nuggets played the Detroit Pistons.

So...if he remembers this place, then he had to have been in Denver at or after 1975. Perhaps he helped build it? Run a concession stand at it? Does he follow any sports now? Perhaps he was a season ticket holder for one of the teams?

In re-reading over all the info for BK, I notice that one of his memories was of the Big Mac or McNichols Sports Arena in Denver. I researched this, and discovered that the Big Mac was built and completed in 1975 and razed in 1999. It was the home of the Denver Spurs from 1975-1976, the Colorado Rockies from 1976-1982, Colorado Flames from 1982-84, the Denver Nuggets from 1975-1999, the Denver Avalanche from 1981-82, and Colorado Avalanche from 1995-1999, and the Denver Grizzlies from 1994-1995. The highest scoring game in NBA history was played here in 1983, when the Denver Nuggets played the Detroit Pistons.

So...if he remembers this place, then he had to have been in Denver at or after 1975. Perhaps he helped build it? Run a concession stand at it? Does he follow any sports now? Perhaps he was a season ticket holder for one of the teams?
-----------------------------------------------------
I always wondered if he went to college in Denver. He would have been
about 27 or 28 years old in 1975.
So, he could have been working then, maybe helping set up the restaurant, that kind of thing.

Bk knows not who he is....
but why is not one single person looking for this man?
No parents,aunts uncles/
no missing profiles anywhere?
Why not?
I would like fellow WS members who are also mystified by this case to answer that question.
I in fact may write to Bk he seems harmless enough...
anyway...
maybe we could all send him a nice short note/And tell him how we wish him luck and are doing our best to help him as much as possible..
I do feel for him..
oh!
I was watching an old UNSOLVED MYSTERIES episode in it some teenage boy [ his Mom has an ENGLISH accent] anyway this teen boy went missing some time ago..sorry I neglected to write the name and info down i was going to see if I could spot the story on the
UNSOLVED.com website...
maybe he is a missing person from way back when?
Maybe he has been lost since his childhood or teens?
Any possible children or teens fitting his description?

ok well just wanted to share today..
someday.......:waitasec:

This may be a really super-long shot... but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway. Has anyone checked to see if the state of Colorado has an online "Unclaimed Property" database? I know that in my state, the unclaimed property database lists addresses of the people - so it might be worth a shot to look for people who lived near Colfax St...and whose unclaimed property has been in their system for a long time. Then from there, we could match the names on Veromi or intelius to rule out people whose ages don't match, then try to account for the people who are left?? Just a thought... may not be possible though.

This may be a really super-long shot... but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway. Has anyone checked to see if the state of Colorado has an online "Unclaimed Property" database? I know that in my state, the unclaimed property database lists addresses of the people - so it might be worth a shot to look for people who lived near Colfax St...and whose unclaimed property has been in their system for a long time. Then from there, we could match the names on Veromi or intelius to rule out people whose ages don't match, then try to account for the people who are left?? Just a thought... may not be possible though.

Welcome Odyssey.
I think this was done by Dreamweaver. I did Indiana.

Welcome Odyssey.
I think this was done by Dreamweaver. I did Indiana.
---------------------------------------------------------------
I did work on Colorado unclaimed property and money.
But please take a fresh look at it!

From the Arizona "Juan Doe"

=====================================

ot:
BK: I thought the same thing. How many of BK's memories are
close to the actual reality?
Is Benjaman his name or the name of his father or the name of a place he was at?
I would believe the restaurant supply knowledge, can't just come by that.
more at BK's thread..

I've always thought Benjaman may be more of his last name, not 1st.
I'm not sure how popular the name Kyle was as a 1st name back then though.

FACT w/memory:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4407727#post4407727"]Possible Match Gary Poole - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]
(post 10 and 11)

JFK Assassination happened on Friday, Nov. 22, 1963 at 12:30 p.m.

If BK was in Jr. High school, he would have been at a lunch break.

Depending on what type of school he went to:

small school lunch breaks, grades 6-12th (at one location)

6-8th grade, lunch approx. 11:30 am
9-12th grade, lunch approx. 12:20 p.m.

large school lunch breaks(some school systems include 6th grades as high school)
7-8th grades, at there own school, lunches for 7th graders, approx 11:20 a.m. and 8th grade approx 12:20 pm.

9-12th grades, at there own school, lunches for 9-10th grades, approx at 11:20 a.m. and 11-12th grades, lunch approx at 12:20 p.m.

(this time frame is based on where I live. It has been like this as long as I can remember and elementary schools are even earlier, they actually run lunches from 10:45 a.m. to 12.)

FACT w/memory:

Possible Match Gary Poole - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
(post 10 and 11)

JFK Assassination happened on Friday, Nov. 22, 1963 at 12:30 p.m.

If BK was in Jr. High school, he would have been at a lunch break.

Depending on what type of school he went to:

small school lunch breaks, grades 6-12th (at one location)

6-8th grade, lunch approx. 11:30 am
9-12th grade, lunch approx. 12:20 p.m.

large school lunch breaks(some school systems include 6th grades as high school)
7-8th grades, at there own school, lunches for 7th graders, approx 11:20 a.m. and 8th grade approx 12:20 pm.

9-12th grades, at there own school, lunches for 9-10th grades, approx at 11:20 a.m. and 11-12th grades, lunch approx at 12:20 p.m.

(this time frame is based on where I live. It has been like this as long as I can remember and elementary schools are even earlier, they actually run lunches from 10:45 a.m. to 12.)

Hi Carolwood,

I recall reading in an online article that one of the things BK recalls was the assassination of JFK, but hadn't seen anything about BK being in jr high on that date? Was this fact mentioned in a particular article (quote from BK) or did BK mention it on this forum?

http://www.museum.tv/eotvsection.php?entrycode=kennedyjf
'snipped'

The first word came over the television airwaves at 1:40 P.M. EST when CBS News anchorman Walter Cronkite broke into As the World Turns with an audio announcement over a bulletin slide: "In Dallas, Texas, three shots were fired at President Kennedy's motorcade in downtown Dallas. The first reports say that President Kennedy has been seriously wounded by this shooting." Minutes later, Cronkite appears on screen from CBS's New York newsroom to field live reports from Dallas and read news bulletins from Associated Press and CBS Radio. Eddie Barker, news director for CBS's Dallas affiliate KRLD-TV, reports live from the Trade Mart, where the president was to have attended a luncheon. As a stationary camera pans the ballroom, closing in on a black waiter who wipes tears from his face, Barker relates rumors "that the president is dead." Back in New York, a voice off camera tells Cronkite the same news, which the anchorman stresses is "totally unconfirmed." Switching back to Dallas, Barker again reports "the word we have is that the President is dead." Though he cautions "this we do not know for a fact," the visual image at the Trade Mart is ominous: workman can be seen removing the presidential seal from a podium on the dias.

more at link...

I just wanted to say that I remember when JFK's was killed. I was in high school, they made an announcement while I was in history class. Our announcement was not until about 2pm, pst.
But, note that it was 1963, there were no tv's in school and the teachers I had did not have a radio in their classroom.
So, there was a slow filtering down timeline.

Thank you for that info Dreamweaver! I wondered, and had thought most likely the news would have reached "BK" about the time school was letting out, or perhaps the news came and they were let out?

I wish we had an idea what the school looked like. Most 'older' schools around here, were all brick back then. I imagine many looked quite similiar, unless something stood out- such as rail road tracks nearby or?

I know, wouldn't it be great if his memory included a discription of the school, including the school sign!! I could actually imagine him standing outside of school. Wonder what the weather was like for BK that day; was he wearing a coat? Was there snow on the ground or was it a balmy 79 (like here in Phoenix!)

On a different note: Do BK's memories place him as a student at U of Co Boulder, or just visiting there. I know he mentions the library--could he have taught at the school? The reason I ask is because U of CO/B has lots of missing alumni listings, and if we are fairly certain he was a student, we could go through those lists or somehow get access to yearbooks? Did we ever get ahold of an alumni association that could post his info in their newsletter or newspaper?

Thank you for that info Dreamweaver! I wondered, and had thought most likely the news would have reached "BK" about the time school was letting out, or perhaps the news came and they were let out?

I wish we had an idea what the school looked like. Most 'older' schools around here, were all brick back then. I imagine many looked quite similiar, unless something stood out- such as rail road tracks nearby or?

I think we need to ask Jules'. IIRC he remembers the magazine, and a place he sat in the library. One of the articles mentioned the library had the subscription so long it didn't help with the timeline.

In that same direction, Norlin must have had some renovations over the years, so I did a quick search. It appears the main entrance was moved about 1977. I wonder if Mr. Kyle has any specific memories about renovations either at the Norlin Library or any of the other places he recalls. If so perhaps we can get closer to timeline within a particular area. IF he recalls the main door being relocated, then we can definately say he was there during the construction of "......".

Makes me also wonder if Mr. Kyle has had access to any 'historical' information about the area's he remembers which might give him a better timeline. Does that makes sense? I guess I am thinking along the lines of wishing we had a sketch artist for some of his memories.....

I'm thinking along the lines of the viaduct at Main Street was constructed .. or something like that. Either a demolision of a building, or construction of a building?

(I am going to copy that thought to the question thread).

Did anyone ever find the Mountain Man pizza that BK references? I searched Westword archives and have not been able to find it, however, I did find a Mountain Man Steak House, which won an award in 1985 for best entrance to a restaurant:
http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/2007/10/_in_1985_westword_published.php

1989 for best Buffalo paraphenalia:
http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/2007/11/best_of_westword_winners_1989.php

1996 for great buffalo stew:
http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/2008/01/best_of_denver_winners_from_19_2.php

I cannot find much info about the restaurant, but perhaps this is what he was thinking of? Commerce City is a suburb of Denver.
http://www.restaurantrow.com/m_moreinfo.cfm?Code=815469

Interestingly enough, there is a pizza place in Denver that has been voted best of Denver called Beniamino's. The owners name is BEN Guest. Looks like they closed about May 2007. They won awards in 2005, 2006 which is after Ben was found, but still curious. The owner is from South Chicago.
http://www.westword.com/bestof/2006/award/best-pizza-thick-crust-105109/

http://www.westword.com/2005-03-10/restaurants/bite-me (move down page)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member