MS - 14-year old shoots parents; kills mother - Mar. 19, 2024

Ashley Smylie, 40, a high school algebra teacher, was found shot to death in her Brandon home, east of Jackson, Tuesday afternoon by her husband, according to WLBT-TV.

The man was then confronted by Smylie’s 14-year-old daughter, Carly Madison Gregg, who was brandishing a pistol, news station WJLT reported.
Carly Madison Gregg.

This kept popping up in my news feed. I too wonder what was really going on in that home, and hope it was just a tragic accident (but a $1 million bond for a 14-year-old doesn't sound like it).

• Wow
Reactions: nao
Terrible to read all of the statements from friends and classmates. You could tell how hard this event hit what seems like an incredibly tight school/community. Doubling their loss the DM reports
The school suffered another tragedy a week later when Cameron Horne-Crook, 14, an eighth-grade student at Northwest Rankin Middle School, was shot dead on Monday.

John Foote, 17, and Maxle Mooneyham, 16, were charged as adults with his murder.

This is a very complex story and has not been updated much as of yet. I’ve heard though that apparently this girl had struggled in school; emotionally and behaviour wise. Her physical appearance and personality also changed from appearing happy and sociable to more reserved, apathetic, etc.

Most likely not a tragic accident but as a precaution there needs to be a bit more investigation also on the stepfather.

Hopefully we will learn more soon. Been generally curious about this case.

This is a very complex story and has not been updated much as of yet. I’ve heard though that apparently this girl had struggled in school; emotionally and behaviour wise. Her physical appearance and personality also changed from appearing happy and sociable to more reserved, apathetic, etc.

Most likely not a tragic accident but as a precaution there needs to be a bit more investigation also on the stepfather.

Hopefully we will learn more soon. Been generally curious about this case.
Welcome to WS! I too noticed a marked change in her physical appearance. I think she may have a diagnosed or not health matter. But that is just my opinion at this time. There were red flags that weren't recognized I guess.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back