MS MS - Angela Freeman, 17, Petal, 10 Sep 1993

Updated: Nov 10, 2021 / 06:51 PM CST

Missing in Mississippi: Angela Freeman | WJTV

Sheriff: Waited two years for the DA to make a move after investigation ended.

On September 10, 1993, 17-year-old Angela Freeman went missing.

“We do know she left pizza hut in her vehicle but she never showed back up to her apartment,” said [Sheriff Mitch] Nobles.

Perry County Sheriff Mitch Nobles said [Angela] Freeman was last seen at the old Pizza Hut in Petal. According to reports, she’d come to see her boyfriend late that night after he’d gotten off work. Investigators said Freeman was about four months pregnant.

“I don’t want to give out the details of the case, but we know something transpired from there to the Mahned bridge where her vehicle was found,” said Sheriff Nobles.

That was roughly 20-miles from the Pizza Hut.

“We do know initially when they found the vehicle there was a puddle that they found that turned out to be transmission fluid and then there was also blood that was found that underneath the vehicle, right there close to the tail light and they found blood inside the tail light.”

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
MOVEMENT :

JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – A movement on a 28-year-old missing persons investigation out of Perry County rests in the hands of the district attorney.

The sheriff said his portion on the investigation is complete
, but the district attorney isn’t convinced. :rolleyes:

We do know she left pizza hut in her vehicle but she never showed back up to her apartment,” said Nobles.

Perry County Sheriff Mitch Nobles said Freeman was last seen at the old Pizza Hut in Petal. <>, she’d come to see her boyfriend late that night after he’d gotten off work. Investigators said Freeman was about four months pregnant.

This article uses the past tense "Freeman was about 4 mths pregnant" does that indicate she is no longer with child?

“We turned that case in right there at the end of my first term. Close to maybe two years ago :eek: right before the new District Attorney took office.”

The investigation for Angela Freeman is considered closed, but Sheriff Nobles said if anyone has information that could be helpful in finding out what happened to Freeman, you’re urged to call the Perry County Sheriff’s Department.

"When asked why the case has been sitting idle for two years, the current district attorney said he doesn’t believe the evidence is strong enough to only point to one person and wants a winnable case."

Is winning all that? If she was my daughter, I may request the DA to stop dawdling and prosecute the one person the Sheriff's Office previously determined who must be guilty of making Angela go missing.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Angela Freeman

Angela Freeman

Nicknames: Angie
Date: September 10, 1993

Bio
Date of Birth: January 16, 1976
Height: 5'3"
Weight: 108 pounds
Marital Status: Single
Characteristics: Caucasian female with brown hair and blue eyes. Angela has a scar below her left knee. Angela was four months pregnant at the time of her disappearance.

Angela Freeman

Come on, DA. Let's prosecute this guy. Sheriff knows who's responsible. Got to move when there's nothing to lose.

This document gives information about the "other three people". This document states the following: the "trial judge had previously issued an admonishment that no witness should testify before the jury concerning any other matters involving Angela Freeman..."

FindLaw's Supreme Court of Mississippi case and opinions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This appeal was for convicted killer K Moody and represented by WIlliamKirksey. I met BillKirksey at a wedding reception in NOLA years ago. At the time, he was one of the most respected and formidable attorneys in the state of MS. Makes me wonder if the Moody's had land or money in which to barter for his services.

Regardless, it appears the father of the baby that Angela was carrying is most likely involved in her disappearance. She met him at the Pizza Hut that fateful night as he was closing the restaurant he managed at 1am and was never seen again, according to the manager of the PH. :rolleyes: According to the GHughes video posted above, the manager had a new girlfriend and did not want to raise the baby.

The poignant song Angela's brother wrote about her so many years ago:

This appeal was for convicted killer K Moody and represented by WIlliamKirksey. I met BillKirksey at a wedding reception in NOLA years ago. At the time, he was one of the most respected and formidable attorneys in the state of MS. Makes me wonder if the Moody's had land or money in which to barter for his services.

Regardless, it appears the father of the baby that Angela was carrying is most likely involved in her disappearance. She met him at the Pizza Hut that fateful night as he was closing the restaurant he managed at 1am and was never seen again, according to the manager of the PH. :rolleyes: According to the GHughes video posted above, the manager had a new girlfriend and did not want to raise the baby.

The poignant song Angela's brother wrote about her so many years ago:

Such a beautiful heartbreaking song. I understand that the detectives think they have enough evidence to go to trial but the prosecutor thinks it's not enough, so sad and frustrating. Her ex boyfriend is STEPHEN LINDSEY. Larry Posey was possibly the father of the Angela's unborn child.

Episode 10

Last edited:
by Lici Beveridge
Dec 11 2023 rbbm lengthy article.
''When Jesse Goliath moved to Mississippi in 2021, he was surprised to learn there was no official statewide database for missing and unidentified people.

Goliath is a forensic anthropologist and assistant professor of anthropology in Mississippi State University's Department of Anthropology and Middle Eastern Studies. He is also a senior research associate for the Cobb Institute of Archaeology.

In his capacity at Mississippi State, Goliath set out to create a database that would help connect the state's missing and unidentified. To date, there are more than 1,000 names in the database with plenty more still to be added, he said.

He acquired Louisiana State University's program that it used to build its database for Louisiana's missing and unidentified people and began assembling one for Mississippi, gathering information from different sources.''

''The Mississippi Repository for Missing and Unidentified Persons, launched in November at missinginms.msstate.edu. It is accessible to the public and there is a private area where law enforcement and other officials can access more detailed information about a missing or unidentified person that could help in their investigation.''

''Examples of a few people in the database​

• Angela Freeman was 17 years old when she was last seen at Pizza Hut in Petal on Sept. 10, 1993. Although she has been declared legally dead, her body was never found and no one has ever been charged in connection with her disappearance.''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back