GUILTY MS - Donna Cochran, 44, found murdered, Carthage, 11 Aug 2010

Trmay, Mike has already made the first step in the right direction by confessing to LE. It's a good start!

Some people; many, many people, just keep lying until they begin to believe that they shouldn't ever be held responsible.

I am sorry for the pain you are going through. You have been very patient with our speculations and theories.

T....you are an amazing person. The care and concern shown by everyone on this board is simply breathtaking. For most of you, this is someone you've never met, yet you show a deep concern and sympathy for the victim and the family. What "T" said is very true, Mike will need prayers in the upcoming weeks, months and years.

I am getting ready to leave for Mississippi and hope to hear more information while I am there. I wish everyone a wonderful weekend and "T", please let me know if there's anything I can do to help. My prayers are now that Shondra's case wlll be looked at a little closer.

I never would have thought Mike would have done this but he did and from what I've found out, Mike said it did stem from money problems. Before the murder they were already going into foreclosure. The family has just had to move the kids out and pack up everything yesterday....bank took the whole place.

I never would have thought Mike would have done this but he did and from what I've found out, Mike said it did stem from money problems. Before the murder they were already going into foreclosure. The family has just had to move the kids out and pack up everything yesterday....bank took the whole place.

So sorry to hear this information. During tough economic times, its sad to see families and lives destroyed so needlessly. People going through foreclosures, job losses and financial problems need to reach out to family and friends for support and advice. So many others are experiencing similar problems or worse, but are able to accept reality and move forward. There's help out there, people just have to seek it.

Kris, I am so sorry to hear this. My heart just hurts for these families. My prayer is that God will comfort and strengthen them in this indescribably hard place in their lives. Sad, so sad.

Oh! I am so sorry for this family. May they gather around those kids and everybody hold each other tight. I hope better days are coming for them.

I haver read every post in this thread. First Donna's sister was NOT murdered, she was accidentally shot (still very tragic of course). One rumor was that Donna was shot 4 times (not true). None of these small facts will make a difference. Both sisters lives ended in tragedy, just goes to show how quickly false rumors get spread so quickly with the use of the internet, twitter, texting etc. My heart is with your family TRMAY.
(TR, I work at the local farm suppy store, come by and see me,JS

I went home last weekend and there's really nothing new after M's confession. The bank did take the home. There are a lot of rumors floating around, but nothing has been confirmed yet.

I don't think anyone is trying to spread rumors. Most of the information given is the same information that was put on the news. We all want justice for the victims. This family has been through a lot of tragedy. My thoughts are prayers are with all of them.

I am sure that the bank will eventually foreclose on the farm or the farm may be voluntary sold by the family to help clear the debt but nothing has been done as of yet. There are two other banks that have personal property loans such as vehicles and equipment that have started picking up their collateral but the bank that has the farm loan has not started foreclosure. There are some extenuating circumstances on the farm loan and it will take a while to clear everything up. The bank has not forced anyone out of the house; the children wanted to move out because of the situation and the eventual foreclosure and/or sale of the farm. The bank of course wants to protect their interest but they are working with the family as much as possible.

I am sure that the bank will eventually foreclose on the farm or the farm may be voluntary sold by the family to help clear the debt but nothing has been done as of yet. There are two other banks that have personal property loans such as vehicles and equipment that have started picking up their collateral but the bank that has the farm loan has not started foreclosure. There are some extenuating circumstances on the farm loan and it will take a while to clear everything up. The bank has not forced anyone out of the house; the children wanted to move out because of the situation and the eventual foreclosure and/or sale of the farm. The bank of course wants to protect their interest but they are working with the family as much as possible.

trmay626...thank you kindly for the clarification. It is a relief to hear that the children were ok with moving, rather than forced to move. It's nice to hear that the bank has a bit of a heart. How is the family doing? Hopefully they are finding ways to cope with such a terrible loss. I wish them well.

Finally got around to reading this past Thursday's local paper, The Carthaginian. There is an article about the Sheriff locating the gun that killed Donna. It was a 25 caliber and it was, in fact, her gun. Mike told the sheriff where to find it....in a chicken pit at his father-in-law's farm.
Sheriff Waggoner said that Mike and Donna had an argument before he went to help his FIL with the chickens. The argument escalated, and he shot her twice in the head.
Not much news.....but a little to show that they are making real progress in the case.
I am still reeling from the news. I just cannot understand how he could kill Donna. But I am praying for all of them, including Mike. He has a hard time ahead. I hope he thinks every day about how he murdered her in cold blood.
I am getting ready to do some flea markets, so I will probably be out for the next couple of weeks. Donna was a wonderful girl.

Just checking in to see if there is any new info on Donna's case. Bumping from page 6. Still praying for the Cochran, Ganann, and May families; and also for Mike.

Sending sympathy to her family and those of you who are local and defended her husband...it must be very painful for so many.

Mike Cochran, Donna's husband, was formally indicted for her murder last Friday. It was in the local paper, The Carthaginian. May justice prevail. I am now wondering if he will plead guilty to avoid a trial.

According to thecarthaginian.com, Mike Cochran plead guilty and received a life sentence. I can't get the link on the newspaper to pull up because I don't have an online subscription to it. I believe he will be eligible for parole in 19 years.:banghead:

According to thecarthaginian.com, Mike Cochran plead guilty and received a life sentence. I can't get the link on the newspaper to pull up because I don't have an online subscription to it. I believe he will be eligible for parole in 19 years.:banghead:

Mike did plead guilty to murder and did receive a life sentence. I was at the plea and sentencing. The judge gave him the only sentence that he could, Mississippi law requires a life sentence for murder. The judge said it was the first time in his 32 years on the bench that he had seen someone plea guily to murder without a trial. According to the DA, a new law will allow Mike to petition the 8th Circuit Court of Appeals for release at age 65. This is not considered parole and the parole board would not get to review it or have anything to do with it. As of right now, no one has been released under the new law. We will have to wait and see what the next 19 years bring.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back