Identified! MS - Hancock Co., 'Rosa Doe' 414UFMS, 32-42, May'03 - Asenath Woodin

I found two others that I find intriguing for different reasons.

1. Beverly Ida Harrington:http://www.nampn.org/cases/harrington_beverly_i.html

Beverly Ida Harrington is listed as being 51, perhaps a bit too old according to the estimates. Even though she wasn't known to be a junkie, she had been showing signs of being paranoid schizophrenic and an early-onset of Alzheimer's. No dental info is available, but assuming she took care of herself to some degree before the onset of said medical issues. This could explain the pointed "Unlike most addicts, at one point in her life, she had spent a lot of money on dental work including crowns and porcelain veneers" statement. According to the limited info, she seems to have traveled quite a bit and her family seems to be located across the county. I'm ignoring the obvious greys Beverly has in the 2002 pic due to the circumstances of her demise... What do you guys think?

2. Christine DuMont:
http://www.nampn.org/cases/dumont_christine.html

Very limited information, but considering the circumstances (IMHO) something doesn't add up. The lifestyle fits completly and who knows if what the police allegedley told the family was true...I don't have time right now to dig further, but she hasn't been found... Thoughts?

Details of Disappearance:

Christine was last seen April 23 getting out of car on Arnold Street. Relatives had said police told them she was murdered, dismembered, and her remains disposed of at various sites.
Jeffrey Mailhot is the primary suspect in three women's disappearances. The 33-year-old Woonsocket man is being held at the Adult Correctional Institutions in Cranston on unrelated charges. He has not been charged in the cases of the missing women, all of whom had histories of drug use or prostitution.

Here's a new NamUs case for a Mississippi woman, Katherine Marie Lowery

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/9672/27
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3026dfms.html

There is nothing on the circumstances of her disappearance, but she bears a decent resemblance to Rosa Doe.

KLowery2.jpg
414UFMS.jpg

Rosa Doe (414UFMS) http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/414ufms.html

She has a similar facial structure and a similarly pointy chin. Her jawline, although squarish doesn't square as low as the facial reconstruction. However, I've seen many facial reconstruction comparisons to the actual person where the jawline wasn't quite right. Also, the difference in head tilt can make a big difference in the appearance of the jawline.

Her height and age fit.

The geography and timeline aren't real close. She went missing from Northern Mississippi, and Rosa Doe was found in Southern Mississippi. There is a four-year separation between DLC and the Date of Discovery. But since we don't know the circumstances of Katherine's disappearance, anything is possible.

ETA: After posting this, I realized that DoeNet just created a casefile for her. Under "circumstances of disappearance", it says "Foul play is suspected". I don't know what their evidence is of foul play, but that would probably be inconsistent to Rosa Doe, since there is a four-year difference.

to both those that are curious and/or concerned, i am 98% certain that this is Asenath Mary Woodin and when dna testing is complete i will get on here and confirm. mary was born in ohio and moved to central florida when she was a young child. Due to mental health issues she developed stemming from physical and sexual abuse as a child mary began self-medicating as a young adult; a trend that continued for her adult life. She left florida in late2001/early 2002 and settled in the new orleans area where she met her last romantic partner, a gentleman from new iberia louisiana whose last name is daigle. in early 2003 she departed mr daigle's company and set out hitchhiking east bound on i-10. the rest of the story you can probably figure out. the facts that are outlined above were compiled during 10 years of research as i have been attempting to locate her. mary aka rosa doe was in fact my older sister.

sorry about your sister ajinoz.

just so you know if someone is privy to information that is not publicly known, the site asks that you verify yourself with the admins:

NEW Professional Posters & Verified Locals/Insiders - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

moving beyond that, I did not see anyone with the last name of Woodin at Namus or at another missing persons site, Charley Project.

do you know why she was not entered into these systems? I assume she was reported missing,etc.

Welcome to WS ajinoz. I'm sorry to hear about your sister.

:welcome:

I too am hoping you can get her in some of the missing persons databases or perhaps you have a link to her info we aren't able to find.

i will try to verify my information as soon as possible however i will provide a link to the most recent photo i was able to find of my sister.
http://mugshots.com/US-Counties/Florida/Hillsborough-County-FL/Asenath-Mari-Woodin.html
i hope that you find the link helpful. also the reason that she is not listed on a missing persons report is because frankly, other than myself, no one cared enough to do so and i was in korea and iraq for a majority of the time since i last saw her.

to both those that are curious and/or concerned, i am 98% certain that this is Asenath Mary Woodin and when dna testing is complete i will get on here and confirm. mary was born in ohio and moved to central florida when she was a young child. Due to mental health issues she developed stemming from physical and sexual abuse as a child mary began self-medicating as a young adult; a trend that continued for her adult life. She left florida in late2001/early 2002 and settled in the new orleans area where she met her last romantic partner, a gentleman from new iberia louisiana whose last name is daigle. in early 2003 she departed mr daigle's company and set out hitchhiking east bound on i-10. the rest of the story you can probably figure out. the facts that are outlined above were compiled during 10 years of research as i have been attempting to locate her. mary aka rosa doe was in fact my older sister.

Here's the side-by-side of your sister to Rosa Doe:

2326185870045078242S200x200Q851.jpg
414UFMS.jpg

Wow! Looks spot on. I do hope you have some resolution for your sister very soon.

the article shed light on how she and so many other missing persons are not officially reported as missing. very sad.

the article shed light on how she and so many other missing persons are not officially reported as missing. very sad.

Yes and there are so many that where reported missing that where found many years ago. I myself have found a few and I give the info to Doenetwork where they confirm with LE that they where indeed located long ago. This can cause those comparing does with missing persons to focus on a potential match with someone who is not actually missing.

I hope that there can be some closure for the family of this missing woman after they do the dna.

Yes and there are so many that where reported missing that where found many years ago. I myself have found a few and I give the info to Doenetwork where they confirm with LE that they where indeed located long ago. This can cause those comparing does with missing persons to focus on a potential match with someone who is not actually missing.

I hope that there can be some closure for the family of this missing woman after they do the dna.

I just read the story that was in the Tampa Bay Newspaper from Asenath Woodin's brother from a Facebook update I get from the Doe Network. (I saw the link in an above post also0 I hope for the sake of Asenath's family, this is her so they can have some closure. It's very sad that so many are never reported missing. I am guessing that is why we have so many unidentified bodies....

Bumping because I'm curious to know if there has been a resolution. Asenath Woodin hasn't been named a rule out, so I suppose the DNA comparison isn't complete. I hope ajinoz will let us know.

I'm still pretty confident that Asenath Mary Woodin will turn out to be a match to Rosa Doe, but if not, here's a new NAMPN addition that fits pretty closely to Rosa Doe.

Glenna Kay Slicker
http://www.nampn.org/cases/slicker_glenna.html

2023485480045078242S200x200Q851.jpg
414UFMS.jpg

The facial shape is very similar.

Height and age are consistent.

There is a five-year lag, but there is no indication in the stated circumstances to suggest foul play at the time that she disappeared.

Here's the side-by-side of your sister to Rosa Doe:

2326185870045078242S200x200Q851.jpg
414UFMS.jpg
2c039345-3e94-4872-92ed-c9eaffcaf5ba.jpg

Rosa Doe has been ID'd as Asenath Mary Woodin.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/public...-murder-victim-is-brandon-mans-sister/2156387

Ironically, her brother Arthur Jones is now missing, and has not been seen since Sept 17.

I am sorry for the loss of your sister, ajinoz, but glad you have found her and can bring her home. She is lucky to have a brother who cared so much about her.

I hope LE can eventually make some arrests in her case and the perps see justice.

Thank you for your service to our country.

ETA: wait, apparently ajinoz is missing, too? OMG....
Does he have a thread?

im not missing, on drugs, or homeless as the story implies. i left my wife for personal reasons and just found out that my sister was identified via dna testing about an hour ago. no one bothered to let me know i had to find out via internet research. sadly, the last story written by the tampa bay times quoted perhaps the worst possible source of information available, my wife. way to go with the responsible journalism. anywho i'm glad to have closure but sad that as much as i am wrong about things i was right about this. thank you for your kind words and sentiments.

aj

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back