MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does appear to be a personal crime but, there is no way to say that.

Back end of car damaged ...looking into that. No comment.

Assaulted (gash in head). Hard to tell. Final autopsy due tomorrow.

Case is "quiet on the streets".

How many people involved?

From 1 to 100, we don't know

Very rare that we don't have a lot of street talk

This case is relatively quiet on the street right now

Reward on Crime Stoppers right now

"We know what she said, we're just not commenting on what she said."

This means everything to the case IMO. Perhaps the WS Legal Eagles can chime in, but I believe a victim's "dying declaration" will be admissible in a Court of Law.

Jessica did not survive the night, but her words did. I hope LE will be able to find a way to bring them into evidence!

:moo:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Currently following up leads.
No arrest made.
Do not anticipate an arrest in the immediate future.
Horrendous case.
Great team of investigators.
Taking it step by step.
Following up leads.

Working on rumour control.
A lot of whats been said is not any proof.
Going through coroner, going through ME.
Some accelerants have been ruled out.
Following up on every single tip.
Wont ever give up on this, will get there, these guys are so determined.
Its still early to some extent.
We are going to stay here until we found who did this.

Talking to a lot of people, not a lot of street talk out there as to who might have done this.
Appeal for people to come forward to contact crime stoppers.
Asking the community to help.
19yr old girl, just beginning life, nobody deserves to die this way.
Appeal to public please assist, call in, no matter how small.

Questions (can't hear them all but these are answers)
Again re rumour control.
Q re accelerant, no confirmation if she had any on her, labs are working on this.
Defo treating as arson but waiting to know the source of arson.

Thank you's.
Can't comment on any details of case.
Working on a timeline.
Cell phone evidence, we can do certain things but I can't comment on what we can do. Does put us who she has been in contact with, and we can see what and who and eliminate anyone.
Can't divulge the condition of the phone but it's a usable piece of evidence
Everyone we talked to so far has been cooperative, common theme is everyone we talked to is appalled and want to help.
About what she said (Jessica) we know what she said but are not commenting on what she said.
In the process of narrowing down where she went and what her timeline was.
Joint investigation, everyone is doing this together. Thanks to all the other agencies, it's a joint effort.

Looks to be a personal crime but without a suspect we really don't know, impossible to know.
Talked to people who have seen her after the CCTV at the petrol station, can't tell you who but yes we have some and we have talked to them.
Talking about the burning of the car but couldn't hear what they said.
Q re if she was SA'd, don't know waiting on results of full autopsy, only have prelim at the moment, expect full report tomorrow?
Looking for 1 or more suspects?, 1 or more than 1, we really don't know at this point.
Street talk is very quiet which is quite unusual. If you have any info call crimestoppers, there is a reward 10k?? (didn't quite hear)
For lack of a better word this is just a big mystery right now that we are working on.

Let you know if we have anything, possibly be a further update tomorrow.

Keepon-It's the sheriff and the DA I do believe....odd sheriff IMO.

I was hoping for something more substantial. I like that they are determined. But I was hoping that her dying words would have narrowed down the suspect list. :rose:

Whose the man next to the Sheriff?
I believe that was D.A. John Champion, per the live tweets by Clay Chandler and a pre-PC news article.

BATESVILLE -- Authorities will hold a mid-morning news conference Thursday to update the investigation into the burning death of Jessica Chambers.
District Attorney John Champion said an arrest will not be announced.

"There's a lot of stuff going around, and we just need to clear some of it up," he said.

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/2014/12/11/authorities-chambers-investigation/20241099/

https://twitter.com/claychand/status/543097552858775552

Keepon-It's the sheriff and the DA I do believe....odd sheriff IMO.
This is the Mississippi Delta, and I say that with a lot of love, as I consider it my second home. :)

Clay Chandler @claychand · 27m 27 minutes ago
Darby: "we're on rumor control." Says much of what family has said about use of accelerant is not true.

https://twitter.com/claychand

ETA: I hadn't caught that was what they said about the rumours :thinking:

Champion said they have talked to people who did see Jessica after the time when she was seen on the gas station surveillance video.

http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story/27606094/da-no-arrests-made-in-death-of-jessica-chambers

Investigators are continuing to interview witnesses, Champion said, which will likely be the deepest well of information. "None of the forensics we have now I don't think will help us. We don't have anything out there that we're waiting on at this point. This will be a shake-the-ground case."

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/2014/12/11/authorities-chambers-investigation/20241099/

I don't quite understand why some think $14 in gas is a lot? That's nothing with today's gas prices. Or is it just me?

That's what £9? would not get you much here, but our petrol prices are ridiculous!

I don't quite understand why some think $14 in gas is a lot? That's nothing with today's gas prices. Or is it just me?

I would love it if my gas only cost $14!

Yes, in general it's not a lot. The gas station worker said she usually only got about $5.00 at a time, so he considered it more than usual for her - enough to ask her why she got more gas, to which she replied that she was going somewhere.

I think because she usually only puts five dollars worth in at a time. This time fourteen so that's why he said something.

Maybe it is just the way LE is presenting it, but it feels as if they don't have much to go on
I hope I am wrong

Interesting that they said there is very little street chatter in light of all the rumors and info. her friends are sharing on social media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandraJean1130