MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just so awful. I can't imagine the horror and pain that she endured. Prayers to her family. Rest in peace, Jessica. May justice be swift.

Maybe perp said his car ran out of gas and needed a ride back to his car?

Also, how has it been determined lighter fluid was used and not gas? I have a hard time believing it was lighter fluid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A stranger would have no motive to remove her cell phone battery. Someone who had contacted her via phone or text would.

Oh I didn't know the battery was taken out of her cell phone. I just knew they found her cell phone. I thought it was rather odd that they left her phone behind to begin with. Most usually take the phone with them and toss it in another location or its never found. So the suspect may not have had any communication on Jessica's phone.

Taking the battery out and not taking the phone itself doesn't convince me this wasn't a stranger or its still a possibility to me at least.

Imo, they would take the battery out so no one would be able to call Jessica and she wouldn't be able to call for help. She was in a very remote rural area of the county.

I still think even a stranger would do that. He/they left her with no way to call for help by removing the cell phone battery. They would know all one had to do is put a battery back in the phone to see who had called or texted.

JMO though

UPDATE: The Panola County Sheriff said the man filling the gas can in surveillance footage is not associated with the Jessica Chambers investigation.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152791601761877

https://www.facebook.com/fox13news.myfoxmemphis?fref=photo

Well that is good to know.

He probably came forward when he saw himself in the video.

Now the question remains as to who she was talking to at the gas station.

It may not have anything to do with the crime but maybe she told that person something that can lead LE in the direction they need to go.

Maybe perp said his car ran out of gas and needed a ride back to his car?

Also, how has it been determined lighter fluid was used and not gas? I have a hard time believing it was lighter fluid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
From statements made by her father regarding what investigators told him. There could be multiple accelerants. Father specifically used the word squirt, which made me think of a can like this http://www.zippo.com/product.aspx?id=1024750

I remember awhile ago on a different thread a few of us were talking about this very thing about what you thought would be the worst way to die and I can't remember how many agreed as my number one but this was what i suggested as the worst way to go out. I hope there is something extra special on the other side for anyone that has to leave this world so cruelly ...

This is just absolutely horrible, how could someone do that to a person? I can't find the words to describe how utterly horrific this would be. Poor, poor girl, and her family... I can't imagine. My deepest sympathies. These animals need to #$#$$$!

RIP Jessica :rose:

Only place she was not burned was the soles of her feet. Does this mean she was standing when accelerant was poured on her?

Only place she was not burned was the soles of her feet. Does this mean she was standing when accelerant was poured on her?

I would suspect that the accelerant was concentrated to the upper part of her body. Then, when she was moving about in an upright position on the road, the fire stayed above her feet.

IDK if this link has been posted but it's a little longer than the other one I've seen that cuts away to the guy in the striped shirt. http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/clip/10933017/mm-quick-stop-footage-of-jessica-chambers In this one you see her come back, go inside make a purchase, go back out and begin pumping gas. By the time stamps she was there at least two minutes after that guy leaves.

Still doesn't mean she didn't stop and give him a ride down the road tho MOO

He has been cleared by LE.

H
I remember awhile ago on a different thread a few of us were talking about this very thing about what you thought would be the worst way to die and I can't remember how many agreed as my number one but this was what i suggested as the worst way to go out. I hope there is something extra special on the other side for anyone that has to leave this world so cruelly ...
I agree. I remember watching 60 minutes some years ago about skin grafting done to treat burn patients and one of the doctors said the pain from severe burns is horrific. I can't imagine what she went through.

This makes me think she was perhaps run off the road by the suspect in the rural area she was found in.

Chambers' friend: 'I would have fought for her if I had to'

Clay Chandler and Therese Apel, The Clarion-Ledger 5:02 p.m. CST December 9, 2014

Video included with article

COURTLAND -- Lynnsey Fowler and Amber Shields wanted to see where it happened.

The two were close to Jessica Chambers, the Panola County 19-year-old who died after her car was set ablaze Saturday night. Sheriff's deputies found the car, with Chambers inside, engulfed on Herron Road. Chambers later died at a Memphis hospital.

Local and state authorities are treating it as a homicide and are searching for a person of interest.

Lynnsey Fowler kept shaking her head in disbelief as she stared at the charred and rutted ground where Chambers' car sat after it apparently ran up a slight embankment. Fowler remembers Chambers from her sleepovers with her sister. Fowler passed by the scene Saturday on her way to crappie fish at Enid Lake.

"Sunday morning, I took my phone off the charger and looked at Facebook, like I almost always do, and I saw the Fly High Jessica Chambers page," Fowler said, referring to the digital memorial Chambers' friends and family had set up. Once she realized what happened, "I got sick to my stomach," Fowler said. "I can't believe I didn't see anything when I passed by here. I wish I had. I would have helped her. I would have fought for her if I had to."

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/2014/12/09/jessica-chambers-friend-fought/20160329/

H
I agree. I remember watching 60 minutes some years ago about skin grafting done to treat burn patients and one of the doctors said the pain from severe burns is horrific. I can't imagine what she went through.

I am actually relieved for her and her family that she passed away. Her life would have been horrifically painful if she had lingered. :rose:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollySumpter