MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
rbarber17, thank you. Yes the big why. The biggest "why" is the fact that a Google search only uncovers the most extremist blogs instead of MSM coverage of this case as if all as been hushed. That does not seem likely as news outlets are the biggest protector of the 1st amendment. So what is the case here?

Has DEA Gotten sealed orders against publishing information about her? Is that even possible?

OTH I would not criticize Oliver, personally. She is a writer tying to encourage other writers, but the apparent unawareness is, IMO, a result of discouragement of publicizing this case.

MOO
There is nothing to write about at the moment. No break in the case. No additional information. The story has faded because of a stall in the investigation, imo. When there is something to report...someone will write it up. No gag order exists, to my knowledge, in this case.

Posted on the wrong thread.

However I am still praying and waiting for jstice for Jessica!

There is nothing to write about at the moment. No break in the case. No additional information. The story has faded because of a stall in the investigation, imo. When there is something to report...someone will write it up. No gag order exists, to my knowledge, in this case.
Yeah, this is exactly it; the press isn't being "finicky"; if any credible information -- heck, ANY information whatsoever -- were released by LE, they'd be on it like white on rice. This sort of case commands public attention. And LE? Lots more likely that they have nothing whatsoever than that this bunch is biding time, playing their cards wisely, or whatever.

I suppose it's understandable that when sleuthers think that three or more people acting in congress got together on a public road and set a vehicle and a woman aflame, that, yes, someone would know something; and this action tied to the larger context of even more people in gangs, with a $50,000+, tongue-loosening reward -- yes, information might just be flowing in.

But there apparently isn't any.

ADMIN NOTE: If you CANNOT link it, you CANNOT post it. Think about it. It's a simple concept.

Why would we require links and then say, "Oh, go ahead and post any ole thing you feel like?"

"Where did you find that info? A banned site , you say? Well, SURE you can post it. Just don't post the link."

:facepalm:

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/c...or-the-world-needs-to-hear-my-story/23174253/

<snip>
"Linda Oliver, a writer from Birmingham, was in Batesville to do a conference last fall. She remembers meeting Chambers clearly, and she said she remembers the teen telling her, "I have a story that needs to be told. The world needs to hear my story. I need to get my story out there."
Oliver said the theme for the conference was, "Everyone Has a Story." While she had done many other conferences, the one where she met Chambers was the first with that theme, and possibly the reason the two were drawn together."

<snip>
"I don't know how long she was standing there because I was busy, but when I looked up, she was there just observing, not in a hurry, not waiting on anything, just watching me put things away," Oliver said. "Then she said, 'I'm going to write a book too.' I said, 'You are?' She said, 'Yes, I am, but I don't know how. Will you help me,' and I said of course."

This information is what I base my thoughts on. She was killed because "snitches get stitches". IMO. What evidence for suicide in Jessica's life is there? Was there a diagnosis? Note? Previous emotional threats? Is there anything published by LE or MSM that indicates she was suicidal? I can't find anything so help me here.

But here is a woman who actually said that she remembers that Jessica wanted to tell. She was determined to write a book and asked for help.

She wasn't asking for help killing herself, she was asking for help SURVING.

MOO

I don't think she wanted to write a book telling on people. She'd had counseling and learned about herself while at Leah's House. I think that she knew by telling her story, it would not only help herself but it would help so many others going through what she had been through and continued to grow. I think she wanted people to know there was hope and a future for them.

For all of you who are worried that Jessica's story has stalled or faded, here is an update on a murder of a young mother in NOLA. Lindsay's case barely stayed in the news since her murder in June on Father's Day. There were very few comments on her WS thread. I thought her case had already gone cold less than a month after her murder, and yet LE has been on the case and a suspect was arrested yesterday.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2015/07/nopd_arrests_barber_accused_of.html#incart_m-rpt-2

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ad-in-trunk-car-on-fire-New-Orleans-June-2015

Take a look at the cell phone evidence mentioned in the article. Maybe something in Lindsay's case can help solve Jessica's??

"Next, Barrere obtained Samson's cellphone records. Cell tower data placed Samson near the same cell tower as Nichols at the time of her 911 call, and twice at the homicide scene some eight miles away, first at 5:29 a.m. and again at 7:07 a.m., the affidavit says.

When Barrere brought Samson in for an interview, the detective said the barber told him he had met Nichols at the nightclub hours before her death, but Samson said when the woman called his phone twice, he did not answer. Samson told the detective he went directly home after leaving the nightclub, giving an address in the 6000 block of Chef Menteur Highway, an address next to Banner Chevrolet on Downman Road. Samson told police he had his cellphone with him all night and never entered Nichols' car, the report said."

For all of you who are worried that Jessica's story has stalled or faded, here is an update on a murder of a young mother in NOLA. Lindsay's case barely stayed in the news since her murder in June on Father's Day. There were very few comments on her WS thread. I thought her case had already gone cold less than a month after her murder, and yet LE has been on the case and a suspect was arrested yesterday.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2015/07/nopd_arrests_barber_accused_of.html#incart_m-rpt-2

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ad-in-trunk-car-on-fire-New-Orleans-June-2015

Take a look at the cell phone evidence mentioned in the article. Maybe something in Lindsay's case can help solve Jessica's??

"Next, Barrere obtained Samson's cellphone records. Cell tower data placed Samson near the same cell tower as Nichols at the time of her 911 call, and twice at the homicide scene some eight miles away, first at 5:29 a.m. and again at 7:07 a.m., the affidavit says.

When Barrere brought Samson in for an interview, the detective said the barber told him he had met Nichols at the nightclub hours before her death, but Samson said when the woman called his phone twice, he did not answer. Samson told the detective he went directly home after leaving the nightclub, giving an address in the 6000 block of Chef Menteur Highway, an address next to Banner Chevrolet on Downman Road. Samson told police he had his cellphone with him all night and never entered Nichols' car, the report said."
Hmmmm...I thought LE pretty much admitted it had stalled and they were starting from ground zero again?

In order for LE to obtain such cell phone records, they would need a suspect and probable cause to get a search warrant. The problem as I see it is they have no suspect. That being said, yes...I would imagine cell phone pings would be able to narrow the scope of the investigation if they could figure out a way to obtain them. Otherwise, no.

IKR? All she did was tell how she spoke to JC.
And honestly it's not like the woman never put time into the free seminars and etc., encouraging young people to write.

MOO

Say as you will...However, offering free seminars is a valuable marketing tool....Besides being a writer...Ms Oliver is a professional capital campaigner....she knows how to market...The Jessica story got her a mention in USA today, The Panolian County newspaper, TV stations, and it was regurgitated in media across the nation and on the web...

Classito

Immolation must be excruciatingly painful for individual regardless of who caused it unless the victim was already deceased. We know in Jessica's case she was not dead before being doused by gasoline and set on fire. If Jessica was conscious when someone set her on fire, then I think she would have screamed and someone may have heard her screams (see article on woman set on fire allegedly by estranged husband, she was screaming neighbor heard her and she was able to talk to neighbor and LE, Neighbor is a hero imo http://www.theindychannel.com/news/johnson-county/franklin-woman-doused-with-gasoline-lit-on-fire).

I wonder if perps possibly drugged JC before they burned her alive (see case where victim accused of being a snitch was tortured, drugged, and taken to remote road where set on fire http://articles.mcall.com/2013-04-0...30409_1_brothers-salisbury-township-maurice-a). But no evidence of screaming and location not that remote makes me think that Jessica was knocked out and driven to location. Snitching about drugs and alleged abusive spouse cases. I think Sheriff Darby in article about JC and drug trafficking discussed the perp may have done this before, done what? abused gfs? drug deals? Anyway, the article is a good article to understand where LE is at/where going and I don't see them divulging more bare bone facts for good reason, unable to post b/c no subscription. The truth always comes to light and Jessica certainly shined a light on happenings in Panola county, rest in peace Jessica, your community isn't giving up on you. Always Jmo/

I don't think she wanted to write a book telling on people. She'd had counseling and learned about herself while at Leah's House. I think that she knew by telling her story, it would not only help herself but it would help so many others going through what she had been through and continued to grow. I think she wanted people to know there was hope and a future for them.

Well, there certainly wasn't much "hope and a future" for Jessica as it turned out, FelicityLemon. So I guess it's just as well that sort of book didn't get published. Sorry to be so cynical, but I'm beginning to think this unsolved murder case has no hope, and no future.

Signed,
Skeptic in NC

JMO

Immolation must be excruciatingly painful for individual regardless of who caused it unless the victim was already deceased. We know in Jessica's case she was not dead before being doused by gasoline and set on fire. If Jessica was conscious when someone set her on fire, then I think she would have screamed and someone may have heard her screams (see article on woman set on fire allegedly by estranged husband, she was screaming neighbor heard her and she was able to talk to neighbor and LE, Neighbor is a hero imo http://www.theindychannel.com/news/johnson-county/franklin-woman-doused-with-gasoline-lit-on-fire).

<snip>

Interesting article, BirdycatNY. If I may quote one sentence from it:

"The brothers kidnapped the 26-year-old Reading mother of three believing she set them up to buy $700 worth of cocaine that turned out to be fake..."​

Now where in the world have I heard something like that before? These two brothers allegedly tortured, killed, and burned this Reading mother over a trifling $700 worth of fake drugs. If that's possible in PA, it's possible in MS, too. I hope LE is keeping a close eye on RH. He's bound to slip up eventually.

JMO

Well, there certainly wasn't much "hope and a future" for Jessica as it turned out, FelicityLemon. So I guess it's just as well that sort of book didn't get published. Sorry to be so cynical, but I'm beginning to think this unsolved murder case has no hope, and no future.

Signed,
Skeptic in NC

JMO

The same can be said about any one of us, unfortunately. We never know when we will die and what the manner will be. :( I'll bet there were inspiration authors out there who died from another's hand.

Interesting article, BirdycatNY. If I may quote one sentence from it:

"The brothers kidnapped the 26-year-old Reading mother of three believing she set them up to buy $700 worth of cocaine that turned out to be fake..."​

Now where in the world have I heard something like that before? These two brothers allegedly tortured, killed, and burned this Reading mother over a trifling $700 worth of fake drugs. If that's possible in PA, it's possible in MS, too. I hope LE is keeping a close eye on RH. He's bound to slip up eventually.

JMO

Trifling is an appropriate word for any reason in Jessica's murder, there is no justification. Rational people who follow the law would never think of killing someone over any amount of money, it's sick. The same goes for any reason to harm another, and in this case another potential trifling motive is "snitching."

There is a case, Angela Simpson who tortured and murdered a disabled man whom she perceived as a snitch and freely admitted it (Angela Simpson http://murderpedia.org/female.S/s/simpson-angela.htm) Is murderer, Angela Simpson an anomaly in her off-base delusional and irrational reasoning for murdering an innocent victim, or do criminals really believe they are entitled to take a life over something that benefits law-abiding society "snitching"? If in fact JC was thought of as a "snitch" to normal rational people that's a good thing, but to someone who is a criminal not so much. And if Angela Simpson is not an anomaly, but example of why criminals hurt snitches, then it's scary that criminals actual think in these terms. warning-video is disturbing/ Always Jmo/

[video=youtube;9ngtXPP5krU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ngtXPP5krU;[/video]

Trifling is an appropriate word for any reason in Jessica's murder, there is no justification. Rational people who follow the law would never think of killing someone over any amount of money, it's sick. The same goes for any reason to harm another, and in this case another potential trifling motive is "snitching."

There is a case, Angela Simpson who tortured and murdered a disabled man whom she perceived as a snitch and freely admitted it (Angela Simpson http://murderpedia.org/female.S/s/simpson-angela.htm) Is murderer, Angela Simpson an anomaly in her off-base delusional and irrational reasoning for murdering an innocent victim, or do criminals really believe they are entitled to take a life over something that benefits law-abiding society "snitching"? If in fact JC was thought of as a "snitch" to normal rational people that's a good thing, but to someone who is a criminal not so much. And if Angela Simpson is not an anomaly, but example of why criminals hurt snitches, then it's scary that criminals actual think in these terms. warning-video is disturbing/ Always Jmo/

[video=youtube;9ngtXPP5krU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ngtXPP5krU;[/video]

"For it is no trifle for you, but it is your life..."
Deut. 32:47

What a TRIVIAL low life , now living comfortably in prison the rest her life. Your taxpayer dollars at work.

Too bad she didn’t get the death penalty. She obviously relished murdering her victim -- slowly, methodically, tortuously -- and no sense of remorse afterward. Our Constitution specifically prohibits cruel and unusual punishments, but sometimes you just have to wonder whether we shouldn’t allow a rare exception to the rule every now and then... I’m thinking of that ancient method of execution by slowly impaling a condemned person on a sharpened wooden stake.

But no, we are a just, decent, moral society, and as such must treat all such persons as human beings, whether they’ve acted like a vicious animal or not. Too bad the Constitution can’t somehow prohibit cruel and unusual CRIME. There is a statutory limit to punishment, but there is virtually no limit to what crime a depraved person can devise and carry out. Our criminal justice system seems heavily unbalanced in that one regard.

Interesting her response to the interviewer’s question about whether there was a racial element to her crime (she black, her victim white) and her comment about how she could never kill any black person. Hmmm. Would like to know whether there was a racial element in Jessica’s murder, regardless of the race of the murderer(s). The horrible way in which she was killed certainly points toward a crime of passion.

JMA (just my anger)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member