VERDICT WATCH MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, Panola County, Dec 2014 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
As mother of younger girls and grandmother, bae is similar to when people say honey or babe or baby or the really old fashioned and southern, sugar.
Yes, I agree. I'm certaint QT meant Bae as in Babe/baby/honey/sugar/ and it was auto-corrected i.e. Base. Not uncommon at all when addressing someone they are fond of/seeing/dating.

UndiscoveredTruth,

I can answer that. Jessica's cell phone carrier was Verizon, Tellis had AT&T. Different carriers have different policies on text messages. Verizon preserves copies for some period of time, but AT&T does not. So once an AT&T-generated message is deleted from both the sender and receiver's phones, it is gone forever. Tellis had told investigators he deleted all text messages to and from Jessica from his phone, so it would not have been possible to retrieve anything from it, or copies from AT&T which does not keep any. That tells me anything recovered that originated from Tellis had to have been still stored on Jessica's phone, otherwise it would not have been possible to retrieve it, either from his phone or from AT&T.

Regards,
Clouseau

Thank you for taking the time to explain, Clouseau. I'm understanding a whole lot more thanks to you. I'm Clou-less (LOL yes, I caught onto that...probably because I really am clueless when it comes to stuff like this lol). Again, thanks very much for the above info. :D

Are you all going to be watching tomorrow morning?
Yes, I'll be here
computer-man-smiley.gif
(posting) the tweets for those who're unable to watch live coverage!! :D

I think it’s kinda creepy how he tells her, “sweet dreams” in his last text to her. He’s never texted anything like that before if I remember right.

And honestly, do any of you have contacts saved in your phone without a name attached? For me, the only non-named contacts still have a description like “Johnny’s Mom” or “lady that does sewing” or something to help me identify them. Am I alone here? Anyone else think it’s weird that his number didn’t have a name? Makes me wonder if maybe she didn’t catch it when they first met/exchanged info and was maybe too embarrassed to ask?

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 1m1 minute ago
#JessicaChambers - Rowlett keeps saying he "shifted the data". Do you think jurors have any idea what he's talking about? Does anyone??

DoSsAgOU8AAdl_N.jpg
UndiscoveredTruth,

I realize you are only the messenger here, so my comments are not directed at you per se. I'm not about to guess whether or not the jury understands what he meant. I can tell you I did.

Recall he had a chart showing different colored dots representing estimates of the cell tower of where Jessica's phone was at the time a signal was received from it on December 6th. One color was used to represent the multiple estimates when she was known to be at her home in Courtland that morning, another color was used to represent the multiple estimates when she was known to be at the crime scene on Herron Rd that evening. Other color dots represented where the cell tower estimated her phone's location during the day around Courtland at other times when her exact whereabouts were not known.

After excluding outliers, which Rowlett explained were points so far away from the other location estimates made at the same time that they were obvious errors, he noticed the remaining points clustered near her home and the other points clustered near her crime scene were both centered about 0.5 miles toward the west compared to the actual known locations at those times. So he shifted all the data points 0.5 miles to the east, merely as a means of correcting the raw estimate from the cell tower to something more accurate. He was -not- fudging data, he was making a uniform adjustment to make it better match the known reality it estimated. For example, sometimes a household scale has to be adjusted to zero when it is registering some weight when nothing is on it.

If this reporter didn't understand that, probably one or more of the jurors didn't either. Hopefully, once they are allowed to discuss the case, the jurors that did understand the "shift" can figure out how to explain it to those who didn't.

Regards,
Clouseau

UndiscoveredTruth,

I realize you are only the messenger here, so my comments are not directed at you per se. I'm not about to guess whether or not the jury understands what he meant. I can tell you I did.

Recall he had a chart showing different colored dots representing estimates of the cell tower of where Jessica's phone was at the time a signal was received from it on December 6th. One color was used to represent the multiple estimates when she was known to be at her home in Courtland that morning, another color was used to represent the multiple estimates when she was known to be at the crime scene on Herron Rd that evening. Other color dots represented where the cell tower estimated her phone's location during the day around Courtland at other times when her exact whereabouts were not known.

After excluding outliers, which Rowlett explained were points so far away from the other location estimates made at the same time that they were obvious errors, he noticed the remaining points clustered near her home and the other points clustered near her crime scene were both centered about 0.5 miles toward the west compared to the actual known locations at those times. So he shifted all the data points 0.5 miles to the east, merely as a means of correcting the raw estimate from the cell tower to something more accurate. He was -not- fudging data, he was making a uniform adjustment to make it better match the known reality it estimated. For example, sometimes a household scale has to be adjusted to zero when it is registering some weight when nothing is on it.

If this reporter didn't understand that, probably one or more of the jurors didn't either. Hopefully, once they are allowed to discuss the case, the jurors that did understand the "shift" can figure out how to explain it to those who didn't.

Regards,
Clouseau
You explain things so well, Clouseau...you're an absolute gem!!! Maybe you should tweet/email the above to Cathy Russon lol?

You're more than likely right. I, myself, had a fair idea what he (Rowlett) was on about and you clarified it for me, but Cathy Russon, well if she didn't understand what Rowlett meant by "shifting the data" there's bound to be at least one juror who doesn't understand either. :eek: Hopefully though, the jurors are a little brighter than the last lot in the previous trial. *crosses fingers*

I think it’s kinda creepy how he tells her, “sweet dreams” in his last text to her. He’s never texted anything like that before if I remember right.

And honestly, do any of you have contacts saved in your phone without a name attached? For me, the only non-named contacts still have a description like “Johnny’s Mom” or “lady that does sewing” or something to help me identify them. Am I alone here? Anyone else think it’s weird that his number didn’t have a name? Makes me wonder if maybe she didn’t catch it when they first met/exchanged info and was maybe too embarrassed to ask?
I think it's kind of strange too, calo44. You could be right when you say she didn't catch it the first time they met and didn't want to offend him by asking him what his name is *again* so he remained "just a number" in her contacts.

I think it's kind of strange too, calo44. You could be right when you say she didn't catch it the first time they met and didn't want to offend him by asking him what his name is *again* so he remained "just a number" in her contacts.

Maybe she just didn't want anyone in her family to see a name on her phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nahnah_2015