MS - Jessica Johnson, 37, found hanged, Horn Lake, 2 June 2017

We have a terrible heroin epidemic in this area. A friend of mine looked over Jessica's Facebook, and said that all their mutual friends are into the heroin scene, or have partners in the scene. I think it's entirely possible this was an accidental overdose that was then posed to look like suicide, but I'm not okay with LE not even waiting for the tox reports to come back before ruling it a suicide. I know small town Southern cops around here all too well -- there are some really excellent individuals on the force, but there are also a whole lot of good old boys who don't know much more than speed traps and breaking up bar fights. I completely understand why Jessica's family would want more information.
Hi- thanks for the area info. It was consistent with news stories I was finding. Do you happen to know the name of the woman mentioned in the article? It occurred last year? Look at the quote from the news article a couple of posts back.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

I see several people who suspect this cannot be a suicide because of body position. I have seen that body position in what are basically locked room suicides. It is very possible to do it that way.

I agree suicide is possible here (and often in other cases even when relatives and loved ones say a person would never do it), but this one? nope, not buying it either. Those are really flimsy looking shoelaces; the house where the mailbox is is at someone's home where she and her BF were "visiting"... for starters, ahem...

But if an OD, why not just call and say she ODed? I know, I know...

More to this story. We need to be patient IMO. Good for this family to push, which is actually something I usually reason is just families not wanting to accept a truth. But here... they should push IMO. Her poor kids. That 19 year old son... life will never be the same.

Hope LE is watching...

Heavy article (^) says the son received a text from Jessica's phone at 3:29am. Is that the first we heard of that?

What a beautiful girl....why with such a loser?

"Moreno, who is also acting as a family spokesperson, told that the ex-boyfriend changed the code on Johnson’s phone and is the only person who knows the code. He hasn’t been cooperative with the family."

"Moreno told Heavy.com that Johnson stayed near Hart because she helped him recover from heroin overdoses. “She was afraid if she was not there with him he would die,” Moreno said."

http://heavy.com/news/2017/07/jessica-johnson-dead-mississippi-murder-suicide-mom-age/

A bit confused....why does it take 4 to 6 months to confirm reason for death? We have another case currently being discussed that took 1 day to confirm homicide.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

A bit confused....why does it take 4 to 6 months to confirm reason for death? We have another case currently being discussed that took 1 day to confirm homicide.

Well if you're talking about the police killing that poor woman, it was clearly a homicide because they know the gunshot from the police is what killed her. So they know it's a literal homicide (person killed person) they just haven't figured out yet if it's a criminal homicide (person unlawfully killed person).

But yeah this case is hinky.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120AZ using Tapatalk

Well if you're talking about the police killing that poor woman, it was clearly a homicide because they know the gunshot from the police is what killed her. So they know it's a literal homicide (person killed person) they just haven't figured out yet if it's a criminal homicide (person unlawfully killed person).

But yeah this case is hinky.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120AZ using Tapatalk
I'm talking about the 13 year old in Vancouver. No gunshots.

I'm talking about the 13 year old in Vancouver. No gunshots.

Oh ha ha thank you sorry about that. BTW, I have the sweetest cat whose name is Henry.

ETA: 1) not saying anything is actually funny 2) whenever I see you post it reminds me of my cat that's all

Oh ha ha thank you sorry about that. BTW, I have the sweetest cat whose name is Henry.

ETA: 1) not saying anything is actually funny 2) whenever I see you post it reminds me of my cat that's all
Lol...my dog's name is Henry. [emoji2]

My nephew died a suspicious death very near where this occurred and I can say that 6 months for official COD is normal. We were told 6 months at the beginning and it actually ended up being a full year, almost to the day. It was unbelievable and after all of that waiting, it was still ruled COD: suffocation MOD: undetermined. So although there is a very strong suspicion of it being a homicide, there's nothing that will ever come of it. In my case, suicide wasn't a factor since he was a baby, but I just wanted to give a personal experience with the law enforcement and death investigation in that area specifically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My nephew died a suspicious death very near where this occurred and I can say that 6 months for official COD is normal. We were told 6 months at the beginning and it actually ended up being a full year, almost to the day. It was unbelievable and after all of that waiting, it was still ruled COD: suffocation MOD: undetermined. So although there is a very strong suspicion of it being a homicide, there's nothing that will ever come of it. In my case, suicide wasn't a factor since he was a baby, but I just wanted to give a personal experience with the law enforcement and death investigation in that area specifically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So sorry to hear about your nephew. Thank you for the background of the area. Wow, for a homicide, not much of an investigation left after 4 to 6 months. Its a good thing her parents are pursuing answers for their questions. I would do the same thing.

This death does seem suspicious because of the circumstances around it.

The 'my relative wouldn't commit suicide because they loved their kids and seemed happy' is such a myth though, and people need to stop. People who have kids and family they love and seem happy kill themselves all the damn time.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

This death does seem suspicious because of the circumstances around it.

The 'my relative wouldn't commit suicide because they loved their kids and seemed happy' is such a myth though, and people need to stop. People who have kids and family they love and seem happy kill themselves all the damn time.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
BBM: That's true, they do.
The circumstances are just so hinky. Hope they arrest the boyfriend soon!!

I can't see how this is considered suicide.

ONE thing strikes me as strange is that as a woman, with long hair, I could not imagine having the shoelaces over the hair instead of pulling the hair throughout to where the shoelaces sit directly against the neck.

This whole setup screams staged.

I can't see how this is considered suicide.

ONE thing strikes me as strange is that as a woman, with long hair, I could not imagine having the shoelaces over the hair instead of pulling the hair throughout to where the shoelaces sit directly against the neck.

This whole setup screams staged.
BBM: oh my good point!!! I would pull my hair through as well.

I just can't believe the LE ruled this a suicide!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whimzee
Back