MS MS - Julius 'TaDarius' Jones, 26, Meridian, 14 August 2011

I have also found the FB of the person that police first questioned, but I am not going to be allowed to mention either their name or their FB here. I am sure it is the guy though due to a number of posts I have looked over.

This is a very disturbing case. I hope they will eventually find out what happened to him. According to Southern Poverty Law Center's website there is a KKK group in Meridian, MS
http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/hate-map#s=MS

Meridian is a hour away from my hometown, I know it is common for people to automatically put Mississippi and the KKK into the same category. However, this isn't the 1950s anymore. Yes there are still racists in Mississippi, but I really do not think this is a white on black crime. I think some of his peers/friends know something they aren't telling... I hope he is found one day. His family deserves peace of mind.

TaDarius is still missing. He still is not listed on NamUs. This is the most recent MSM link I could from from Aug 2015

"It does not get easier not knowing where TaDarius is, or what has happened to him," Jones said of the pain she, as well as her family, endures each day her son, Julius TaDarius Jones, remains missing.

On Jan. 28, 2013, TaDarius was featured on the television show, "Find Our Missing" on TV One. He is listed on the North American Missing Persons Network, and has been featured on national websites, such as Black and Missing, But Not Forgotten, Project Jason and Websleuths.com.

http://http://www.meridianstar.com/news/jones-family-remembers-missing-man/article_04f688b4-423a-11e5-9298-cf8ecb931c00.html

Five years later, mother seeks closure in son's disappearance

http://www.meridianstar.com/news/local_news/five-years-later-mother-seeks-closure-in-son-s-disappearance/article_ecf5653e-04bd-5741-abe8-80a25fdb4c96.html

It has been five years since Julius TaDarius Jones went missing, but for Tabitha Jones the pain of not knowing what happened to her son continues to haunt her everyday.

“I think people think I am OK, but I’m not,” Jones said. “With each passing year, my heart hurts more, because I don’t know what happened to TaDarius. I wake up with it, and I go to bed with it, thinking about where he is. All I want is for someone, anybody to please come forward and tell me what happened.”

“It’s still an open case,” Sgt. Dareall Thompson said. “We have not received any new leads recently, but the case is still under investigation.” We want the family to know this case is not closed, it will be open until we solve it. Investigators will continue to follow up on any leads we might get from the community.”

And while the family is prayerful that TaDarius, now 31, will return home, they have prepared themselves for the possibility of a tragic ending.

“We do think we probably won’t ever see TaDarius again, all we need is the truth,” Jones said. “This mystery needs to come to an end, because I am so tired. Something happened to him, we just want to know what that was, and where he is.”

juliustadarius.jpg

Missing Meridian man honored by family Sunday

It doesn't sound like there's anything new. Seems to me if the remains found were Julius', then his family would have mentioned it in this article detailing a memorial they held in his honor.

Snipped from article:
Tabitha says after several years of hoping someone may have an answer to what may have happened, his family decided to use Sunday's remembrance ceremony as closure.

"We felt like we needed to come to a conclusion to celebrate his life," Jones said. "That's what we did today, we celebrated my son's life."

Ta'Darius+Jones+Missing.jpg

The search for a missing Meridian man continues
Mon 8:19 PM, Aug 14, 2017

Snipped

MERIDIAN, Miss. (WTOK) - It's been six years to the day that a Meridian man went missing.

Julius TaDarius Jones was last seen on this day in 2011. His car was found three days later on 27th street

Foundation established to honor missing Meridian man
By Andrea Williams |
Posted: Fri 11:49 AM, May 04, 2018 |
Updated: Fri 6:53 PM, May 04, 2018

MERIDIAN, Miss. (WTOK) - Almost seven years after a Meridian man went missing, and his family is reaching out to help others

Snipped

Over the past few months Julius' mom has been working to establish the non-profit Julius Jones Foundation. It's designed to help parents who are dealing with unexpected tragedies such as: kidnapping, murder, a car accident and sickness.

#
Link to the Foundation's FB page.
The Julius Jones Foundation

NOV 7, 2021
Prayer vigil for missing person in Meridian (wtok.com)
[...]

“We have come together on the lawn to pray against hate, pray against hurt, pray against anger and pray against pain. These things have come against our youth, our parents, and we are here today to try to pray against it. That is why we are having a city prayer in honor of my son, but we are here for our parents and our youth,” said event organizer Tabitha Jones.

The event had guest speakers to help push their message “love someone who doesn’t look like you”.

Family of Julius Tadarius Jones pleads for answers 11 years later

MERIDIAN, Miss. (WTOK) - It’s been nearly 11 years since a Meridian man went missing and hasn’t been heard from since.

Julius Tadarius Jones went missing in Aug. 2011. News 11 has learned that Julius was legally declared dead more than three years ago, on Feb 19, 2019.

Julius’ family and mother, Tabitha Jones, said they didn’t find out until two weeks ago. Jones said she is unhappy about how she found out, but she cares more about finding answers about what happened to her son.

“This was devastating to me and my family. It took us a couple of weeks to get myself together after hearing this news,” Tabitha Jones said. “I am here today to let the public know that we are pleading for answers. We need answers as to what happened. It’s very, very unbearable for us to keep going without knowing answers. Please, please come and let us know what has happened. What is the mystery to this? Someone has the answers. Let us know.”

Julius was last seen on August 14, 2011. His car was found three days later on 27th Street in Meridian.

“I’m a hairstylist and he was a hairstylist. I always looked up to him while doing hair,” Julius’ sister, Joquasha Samuel said. “I became a stylist like him, but I could never compare myself to him. He was so great in everything he did. We will forgive you; well, I forgive you. We just want you to come forward, because it’s been too long, too long.”

If you have any information about what happened to Julius Tadarius Jones, call Meridian police or Crime Stoppers 855-485-8477.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back