GUILTY MS - Linda Reed for embezzlement, Copiah County, 2012

IMO, mahoolins point about retirement age is a good one.
In order to make this worth her while, a large sum of money would be missing, imo

I wonder why a woman who, from all reports was smart and did her job very well, would work so far from home?
It seems with her qualifications, a job closer to home would be possible and there would be no disruption of family life. Living in a trailor, alone, in a commercial location, apart from family does not sound very appealing

It would be interesting to know just how much money is involved, maybe it was planned by more than one person.JMO

If it is a case of stealing from her place of employment, then, yes, a great chance of someone else being involved.
It would be helpful to know how she spent her off time through the week.
Was she close to someone in the area?

I mean, her vehicle was located so she would have had to have another means of transportation, someplace to go...

hmmm...this makes me a little suspicious now...

From the Clarion Ledger:

"Jones said Reed was indicted in 1974 for forging checks. According to Hinds County Circuit Court records, a 1974 uttering forgery indictment against Reed was dismissed by the judge. She was then had the last name of McDaniel from one of her previous marriages"

http://www.clarionledger.com/articl...ing-woman-alive?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Home

From the Clarion Ledger:

"Jones said Reed was indicted in 1974 for forging checks. According to Hinds County Circuit Court records, a 1974 uttering forgery indictment against Reed was dismissed by the judge. She was then had the last name of McDaniel from one of her previous marriages"

http://www.clarionledger.com/articl...ing-woman-alive?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Home

WOW!!!! That sort of changes things for me for the moment
I have been leaning toward her being set up and disappeared.

Good find

Sheriff, son agree missing woman still alive

"I just think she's alive," he said. "In our investigation, things are just not adding up for us the way that this has all played out, but I can't get into why I think that because that might impede our investigation into her disappearance."

"We're going to enlist some more outside agencies to help us do some more forensic investigations of book work and stuff like that," he said.
Jones said Reed was indicted in 1974 for forging checks. According to Hinds County Circuit Court records, a 1974 uttering forgery indictment against Reed was dismissed by the judge. She was then had the last name of McDaniel from one of her previous marriages.

http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20120517/NEWS/205170349/Sheriff-son-agree-missing-woman-still-alive-search-continues-

Complex picture of Reed emerges

Article focusing on comments from the family. She has been married multiple times. Twice to the same man.

http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20120517/NEWS/205170350

I was just thinking.......if she did steal, she had to have someone With her since they found her car but not her.......

I thought she lived in the mobile home, in Gallman, during the week and in Carollton, with her husband, on weekends. So why was she at work with other employees on Sunday April 29th? Maybe I just haven't had enuf coffee this morning.

I feel certain money has something to do with this disappearance. I just wonder why now?

If Reed had worked for Moore for so many years, maybe it was difficult for her to leave the job without revealing her secret. Surely they would notice a significant increase in receipts if she quit....and another bookkeeper would quickly discover that money had been taken, perhaps for years.

I thought she lived in the mobile home, in Gallman, during the week and in Carollton, with her husband, on weekends. So why was she at work with other employees on Sunday April 29th? Maybe I just haven't had enuf coffee this morning.

If I am not mistaken, it was noted that she and some others were doing some special work that day....closing out a job or something like that. It was mentioned in one of the articles.

From the Clarion Ledger:

From the same article, BBM:
Jones said information given to The Clarion-Ledger by Moore was done so without the approval of law enforcement.

"Whatever he says will be up to him," Jones said of Moore. "I'm telling you that we don't have any amount of missing money at this time."

Moore was unavailable for comment after the meeting with Jones. A man who came to the door at Moore's Fabrications said Moore was unavailable because he was inside meeting with the FBI.

:what:

So to date, only Moore has said money is missing?
Not verified by LE?

That's what I got from it. Maybe Moore isn't a very good bookkeeper himself... but I think that two weeks is way too quick for a) an owner who does not do the books to discover discrepancies and b) for the IRS to be involved. I would guess that the IRS was there before she disappeared and he wants to blame her for any bookkeeping issues.

He also mentioned that the other businesses included his "Cousins" and friends. I would be very suspicious of a network of businesses all loyal to Shannon. Wasn't a white truck, common to the business, witnessed as parked up against the trailer that night?

Hmmm... so the Moore guy is the only one saying that money is missing. Sounds to me like the <modsnip>, still around from way back when dad ran the business, was in the way. IMO. Wonder why? Me myself am feeling hinky about the son boss.

That's what I got from it. Maybe Moore isn't a very good bookkeeper himself... but I think that two weeks is way too quick for a) an owner who does not do the books to discover discrepancies and b) for the IRS to be involved. I would guess that the IRS was there before she disappeared and he wants to blame her for any bookkeeping issues.

He also mentioned that the other businesses included his "Cousins" and friends. I would be very suspicious of a network of businesses all loyal to Shannon. Wasn't a white truck, common to the business, witnessed as parked up against the trailer that night?

I agree, unless it was an out and out robbery, it would take some time to discover discrepancies .

And I did read that white trucks were used by the business and one was seen there late at night

I said that early on - afraid that she'd run into someone or something illegal in the business on Sunday. Maybe she didn't even realize she'd seen something.

I hope not too...

I have to agree. Just my opinion, but I just do not think she embezzled money, staged her abduction, and then skipped town. I know stranger things have happened, but I am not seeing it here. I really hope I am wrong and she will be found safe.

It's love or money or both, me thinks. What's not clear is whether it was a voluntary disappearance. I'm still concerned for her safety. It certainly is shaping up to be an unusual case. This woman's son has a different last name, and his brother's last name doesn't match either of them. I'm not sure whether she's the mother of both of the brothers. Perhaps they are half-brothers. Then she has been married to one man twice, and his last name does not match her son's name nor his brother's name. And now she's married to another man whose last name isn't a match for any of her kids. It seems that she has a history of money issues and guy issues.

Has anyone heard anything back about the body found near Prentiss, MS on Monday? I believe it was being taken to Jackson for an autopsy.

Has anyone heard anything back about the body found near Prentiss, MS on Monday? I believe it was being taken to Jackson for an autopsy.

It's clear that it was not Reed. The family would know something and would not be making the comments that we're reading if there was a chance it was her body.

I was just thinking.......if she did steal, she had to have someone With her since they found her car but not her.......

Also there were no other tyre tracks i believe, and the blanket was scattered to simulate a struggle?. Could it be that she did not abandon the car maybe an accomplice did?.. And she was waiting elsewhere..:waitasec:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin
Back