GUILTY MS - Linda Reed for embezzlement, Copiah County, 2012

I just wonder if they checked Mrs. Reed's car and the area where her car was found, for scents of the owners and employees of Moore's Fabrication. IIRC, earlier it was reported that they had ruled out anyone else's scent, but how would they know that if they didn't have a scent to give the dogs to follow. So seems logical they would have checked the Moore crew if anyone. Or did they not check for them at all? And would it be too late to do so now? What a totally befuddling case. :waitasec:
And TIA to anyone who might can answer this. :)

Just a thought, but the gate was found locked the next morning. Would someone abducting her from her home/trailer or the office there on the premises bother to lock the gate behind them?

IDK, but sounds to me that whatever happened to her, happened off the property, after she left to go wherever she went.

Just a thought, but the gate was found locked the next morning. Would someone abducting her from her home/trailer or the office there on the premises bother to lock the gate behind them?

IDK, but sounds to me that whatever happened to her, happened off the property, after she left to go wherever she went.

They would if they knew she had the key and it was supposed to be locked, but I tend to agree with you, she left and locked it...and what ever happened was after that.

Welcome Copiahtown!!! I live in Brandon but do not know Mr. Moore so can't vouch for his character. To be honest, just about anything is plausible in this case. I just don't feel like Mrs. Reed left on her own. Maybe I'm wrong but it just doesn't add up in my mind. I'm thinking she knew too much and had to be silenced. I pray she's found and the answers are revealed.

Just picked up on this (BBM). I wonder what was going on within the last two years to make him say this?

I thought the same thing, but now think there may be an error in the news article at WAPT. Listening again to the WAPT video broadcast on same date, reporter says it has been hard on the family in the last two weeks. This video was broadcast on 5-12-2012, roughly two weeks after Linda Reed went missing.

http://www.wapt.com/news/mississippi/Missing-Woman-Search/-/9156860/13264098/-/9se4k9z/-/index.html

IF (big IF) Ms. Reed was on probation recently for check forgery charges, then it must be a different case than the one in 1974. That was a long while ago. Perhaps the media got that wrong....

Copiahtown....Welcome to WS and thank you for your input. Do you know if LR's siblings live in the area also.... as I know her mother lives in Philadelphia, MS? TIA Please keep us posted on what the local TV news is broadcasting.

In general, just a speculation, but I don't find it odd that she would ask someone to close the gate upon their leaving, as it would appear for the business to be closed....and nearing dark, if not already. How many people would actually think to look to see if it was actually locked?

Hope we hear more from LE today.

I might be misunderstanding, but I thought she asked the co-workers she ran into to leave the gate open since she was going back out? I might be misunderstanding your statement though.

I do agree though that not many going by would look to see if it was locked though unless it was obvious - like a chain hanging down, or obviously unhitched (my word for lack of better- lol).

In my "mind's eye", I'm envisioning the gate/exit to the business being well off the road though, and probably like most places workers wouldn't want to be the last one to leave to avoid getting out of their car to close gates?

Wonder who's locking up in your place now Linda? It's easy to depend on someone else for the simplest things. :moo:

I hope you're found soon and safe. :please:

I might be misunderstanding, but I thought she asked the co-workers she ran into to leave the gate open since she was going back out? I might be misunderstanding your statement though.

I do agree though that not many going by would look to see if it was locked though unless it was obvious - like a chain hanging down, or obviously unhitched (my word for lack of better- lol).

In my "mind's eye", I'm envisioning the gate/exit to the business being well off the road though, and probably like most places workers wouldn't want to be the last one to leave to avoid getting out of their car to close gates?

Wonder who's locking up in your place now Linda? It's easy to depend on someone else for the simplest things. :moo:

I hope you're found soon and safe. :please:

Duh, you right....too early and not enough coffee to think straight. I did a map "drive" down the hwy and the gate is close to the road where you could see if it was standing open. I guess if I was Linda I would ask them to close the gate so it would appear the gate was actually locked.
Thanks for catching that.

When Shannon Moore, the owner of Moore's Fabrications in Gallman, where Linda Reed has worked since 1999, said earlier this week there were possible discrepancies in his company's books, "that caused some people to cease wanting to look for her," Chris Reed said.
He wishes Moore had waited until there was more proof before he made the allegations.

http://www.clarionledger.com/articl...nswers?odyssey=tab|mostpopular|text|FRONTPAGE

I find it rather disturbing that Moore made the statement about money missing
Is this Moores theory or is it a fact?

It seems to me that it would take time to figure out if money was missing or not, unless it was one huge chunk taken at one time

And it also just seems strange to me that a (by all accounts) loving woman would abandon her Mother and family

Can't shake that

When Shannon Moore, the owner of Moore's Fabrications in Gallman, where Linda Reed has worked since 1999, said earlier this week there were possible discrepancies in his company's books, "that caused some people to cease wanting to look for her," Chris Reed said.
He wishes Moore had waited until there was more proof before he made the allegations.

http://www.clarionledger.com/articl...nswers?odyssey=tab|mostpopular|text|FRONTPAGE

I find it rather disturbing that Moore made the statement about money missing
Is this Moores theory or is it a fact?

It seems to me that it would take time to figure out if money was missing or not, unless it was one huge chunk taken at one time

And it also just seems strange to me that a (by all accounts) loving woman would abandon her Mother and family

Can't shake that

Also, Mrs. Reed wasn't the only one with access to the bank accounts as this was a family business. So to me, Mr. Moore so quickly pointing the finger at her just raises a red flag in my mind.

Also, Mrs. Reed wasn't the only one with access to the bank accounts as this was a family business. So to me, Mr. Moore so quickly pointing the finger at her just raises a red flag in my mind.

I guess that the theory would go: Mr. Moore or other person with access to account starts skimming money. They know that Linda has a past and figure she is a good patsy. She finds out, they have a fight about it OR person planned to kill her anyways.

Awfully quite on the LE front. Hope they are dotting the i's crossing their t's. Do they still think she is alive?

Yes that sounds very strange to me too. Why, when she was such a close friend to the family and had worked there so long, would he immediately check the books. That would be the last thing I would suspect if it was someone close to my family was missing. So he "says" he checked the books Immediately and money was missing. Something about that is not right. I wouldn't even be able to look at the books for awhile if someone I loved was missing.

Yes that sounds very strange to me too. Why, when she was such a close friend to the family and had worked there so long, would he immediately check the books. That would be the last thing I would suspect if it was someone close to my family was missing. So he "says" he checked the books Immediately and money was missing. Something about that is not right. I wouldn't even be able to look at the books for awhile if someone I loved was missing.

I can only assume that he realized that at some time LE would look at her business connections.

It seems he brought it to their attention

Very odd, IMO

I think that when a bookkeeper or accountant goes missing, the first thing to check would be the books. It would be highly unusual for them not to check.

LE probably asked them if any cash was missing.

IF (big IF) Ms. Reed was on probation recently for check forgery charges, then it must be a different case than the one in 1974. That was a long while ago. Perhaps the media got that wrong....

That should be able to be checked by local court records?..IMO

:what::jail::waitasec:

Its the other family owned businesses that in all probability will be looked into IF she did the bookkeeping there as well. But your right Neesaki the more this goes on the more intriguing it gets.

It certainly wouldn't be the first time. What was the case with the woman who went down to school in La., dropped off her son back north and then hid in WV for awhile? She was eventually found. No one could believe she would have abandoned her son, but she did because she had stolen money from the church at which she worked.

Other details seem incongruous with that theory in this case, but it'd explain the apparent lack of motive.

I just wanted to say: Since Linda Reed has been missing, they Crystal Springs weekly paper, The Meteor, has been having stories in it about her. I bought a Meteor today, and there was NOTHING in there about any updates or anything. The only thing that was in there was her daughter in law, Trina Sessums, received a scholarship. It DID NOT mention that Trina is Linda's daughter in law. As a matter of fact, I never even saw Linda's name MENTIONED! I could have over-looked it, but I really do not think I did. I hope this case isn't going cold. Something/someone needs to keep this case alive, wheather Linda is kidnapped, dead, alive, on the run...etc.

I'm a local too and understand why this case seems so confusing to you guys. It seems as if Shannon Moore started bringing up the books fairly quickly, yet the Sheriff asked the FBI to come in very early (because we are not equipped for this) and so much was not adding up. Her scent was the only scent detected in and around her vehicle. The tooth that was found was hers, but it was from a partial, so it wasn't that hard to imagine someone removing it themselves. A lot of folks with glasses have extra pairs. There was no sign of a struggle. No blood. No crime scene.

As a mother, I cannot imagine leaving my kids or grandkids intentionally and have been believing that she was taken or met with foul play because "she knew too much". But I am beginning to believe she disappeared on her own. Now the rumors of how much money is missing is starting to circulate. Who knows if there is any truth to it or not. Remember, it is a small town, but if it is, I can see why she might haVe felt she had no choice but to disappear.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shaunie
Back