Identified! MS - Moss Point, Escatawpa River, BlkMale 18-22, UP10451, overbite, scar, Dec'82 - Gary Simpson

Can I get a second opinion on this? Charlie Hall went missing a year before in Tennessee. He was thought to be a little younger, but he also appears to have a scar over his left temple, and also appeared to have a odd shaped head. A couple of things which I think he shares with this John Doe??
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

From this article. Charlie Hall, Leanne Green, and China Videon — Something's Not Right

According to NamUs, they have dental information and a DNA sample in the event that it’s needed for identification of Charlie.

You did a great job! And I always think that it's better to have too many threads than not enough. It means that someone (usually someone new) is paying attention to the UIDs and that is wonderful.
Thank you. I just believe that this man deserves as much of a chance as DD to getting identified, I feel her case tends to overshadow this one.

Why does his NamUs say he had blue jeans that were found near his body, but in the articles it states he was found in a hawaiian shirt and brown pants? Dawn's Mom was last seen in blue jeans. I wonder if they have any more info on them.

2408UMMS_LARGE.jpg
Screen Shot 2022-03-22 at 2.38.06 PM.png
Rest in peace, Gary Simpson.

ROHPVTXXFVHYPDNIZHLKFD5OFA.PNG

This family photo released to Othram shows the unidentified person found under I-10 in Jackson County in 1982 shows as Gary Simpson, born in 1962, originally from the Louisiana Area.(Othram)

JACKSON COUNTY, Miss. (WLOX) - A man found dead in Jackson County nearly 40 years ago has finally been identified.

On Dec. 8, 1982, human remains belonging to a young African American man were found in the Escatawpa River underneath the eastbound lane of Interstate 10 in Jackson County.

The remains were located by divers, who were searching the river after a female toddler was found deceased in the area days earlier.

Although the remains for both victims were found at the same time, investigators later determined that the deaths were not related.

The unidentified person has now been identified as Gary Simpson, born in 1962, originally from the Louisiana area.

The young man’s remains were collected by the State Crime Lab, where his death was ruled a homicide. His identity remained a mystery for 40 years, until Jackson County investigators, with assistance from Othram, were able to identify a close relative of the young man.

Retired investigator Matthew Hoggatt, who assists the Jackson County Sheriff’s Department and Othram with cold case investigations, contacted a family relative and arranged the collection of swabs for DNA comparison to be sent to Othram.

After testing the relative’s DNA, Othram confirmed that the relative was a biological sibling of the young man.

The female toddler, formerly known as Mississippi Delta Dawn, was identified as Alisha Ann Heinrich in December 2020 by Jackson County investigators and scientists at Othram.
Moss Point John Doe found during Delta Dawn search identified

We are just so happy we could get this man identified. He was found at the same time as Alisha and it didn't feel right to not also find his family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back