MS MS - Olive Branch, WhtFem 20-40, UP8675, smoker, nail biter, tatts, surgical scar, Jan'85 - Lorie Ann Mealer Pennell

I just noticed more details on NamUs on her tattoos plus other details not mentioned before:

Tattoos
Tattoo on inside right ankle: T.H.C. in block letters
Tattoo on inside left ankle: R-C-? (possible letter J)
A different report states that the left ankle tattoo is REJ or RET in script letters
Piercings
three piercings in left and right ears
Finger and toe nails
all fingernails were deeply bitten
Other distinctive characteristics
heavy smoker
Prior surgery
tubes had been tied
Comments on dentals
one missing lower front tooth. Teeth were in poor condition but several fillings were found (possilby from youth)

they are still working on this UID and that's great. 4 new rule-outs since I posted the 10 on June 23. here are the four new ones:

Ida Anderson 1937 Michigan
Audrey Backeberg 1942 Wisconsin
Mabel Chambers 1920 Delaware
Jane Clement 1941 Louisiana

Kathleen Randall is not on the list so I wonder if they are looking at her as a possible match still.

I took a look at this one again and if Namus is correct, I don't think Kathleen Randall will be matched to anyone and I'll leave this one alone.

despite the mention on Charley that she had "extensive dental work", Namus says it has no dentals. add to that no DNA or fingerprints for Kathleen, it looks like there are no identifiers for her.

Irish Eyes:

I'm transferring your post to the appropriate thread. You were alluding to Lake Ponchitrain Jane Doe, but you added the link to this Olive Branch Mississippi case.

Here's a missing woman from Louisiana just added today to NamUs:

Dora Elizabeth Carson
https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/10986/9
2976547870045078242S425x425Q851_zpsf6b63830.jpg

Almost nothing is known about her vital stats or circumstances of disappearance. But she has red hair like LPJD, is the right age, and has a roughly similar facial shape.

Carl, I was looking on NAMUS and I had put these two together also...then I came here to see if anyone had suggested her. There is another black and white picture that I believe is an actual picture (not the front view, but the side), and I thought that picture somewhat resembled Dora. Not to mention that Dora is from Louisiana, so it would seem logical to find her there. Dora's family last saw her "sometime" in 1983, and Jane Doe was found in January 1985....take a look at the other pic and tell me what you think.

https://identifyus.org/cases/8675

I think she does have a strong resemblance to Olive Branch Jane Doe.

82bf0d0d-4eb8-4db0-ab3f-894e40eb3935.jpg

What hangs me up though is the hairline. Dora has a higher hairline than OBJD does.

OBJD has sort of a pointy #10 tooth that I don't see in Dora's photo but that might be a chip or wear that occurred after Dora's photo was taken.

It doesn't look like they are sure of The eye color for OBJD or Dora. OBJD's eyes are either grey or brown depending on whether you believe the Coroner's Report or the Autopsy Report. Dora's eye color is based on someone's observation of her photo.

Carl,

There are several photos of this missing woman on her profile. I think the one captioned Mom and Me, 1975 is a dead ringer for your composite.

The heights and weights are a little off and there is not too much identifying info. But it looks like she was added by her daughter and possibly she is just guessing based on memory. She does have gray eyes.

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/1370/10/

I lived very close to Olive Branch in 1985 and traveled this route often to get to East Memphis. Here is a google photo of the Highway 78 (now also called I-22) Coldwater River Bridge:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=coldwater+river+bridge,+olive+branch,+ms&hl=en&ll=34.906156,-89.754461&spn=0.00007,0.042272&sll=34.903108,-89.741135&sspn=0.019111,0.042272&vpsrc=0&t=m&z=15&layer=c&cbll=34.906156,-89.754461&panoid=qNmJy2YMPrb-XSvy6ZOsqw&cbp=12,0,,0,0

Here is the bridge over the adjacent "Old Highway 78" (now "178"):

coldwater river bridge, olive branch, ms - Google Maps

I remember when this lady was found. Local talk connected her death with a string of other murders across the country believed to have been committed by a truck driver who traveled the area frequently.

Carl,

There are several photos of this missing woman on her profile. I think the one captioned Mom and Me, 1975 is a dead ringer for your composite.

The heights and weights are a little off and there is not too much identifying info. But it looks like she was added by her daughter and possibly she is just guessing based on memory. She does have gray eyes.

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/1370/10/

I do see some similarities to her younger photo with her daughter, but I don't see it with her more recent photos. The nose doesn't look quite right IMO.

I just noticed that webrocket had suggested her earlier, and as Cubby pointed out, the 2 year gap is hard to get over. Thanks for bringing my other post over too, btw.

Irish Eyes:

I'm transferring your post to the appropriate thread. You were alluding to Lake Ponchetrain Jane Doe, but you added the link to this Olive Branch Mississippi case.

I think she does have a strong resemblance to Olive Branch Jane Doe.

82bf0d0d-4eb8-4db0-ab3f-894e40eb3935.jpg

What hangs me up though is the hairline. Dora has a higher hairline than OBJD does.

OBJD has sort of a pointy #10 tooth that I don't see in Dora's photo but that might be a chip or wear that occurred after Dora's photo was taken.

It doesn't look like they are sure of The eye color for OBJD or Dora. OBJD's eyes are either grey or brown depending on whether you believe the Coroner's Report or the Autopsy Report. Dora's eye color is based on someone's observation of her photo.

She's not Dora. According to Charley Project, Dora has been located

http://www.charleyproject.org/resolved.html

No mention of whether alive or dead.

CarlK90245, you've done a beautiful job in your reconstruction drawing of this young woman. You are so talented. :rocker:

I agree. She looks a lot like my best friend from junior high's mom (who was alive and well up until the mid-1990s when we lost touch). Her family was from Texas originally.

The FBI has some information about Olive Doe on their website. http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/vicap/unidentified-persons/jane-doe-olive-branch-ms
IMO, it sounds like she might have been redressed after she was killed because
She was not wearing panties, socks, shoes, jewelry or a bra, and those items were not found in the area.

The current list of ruleouts from Olive Doe's Namus entry:

Ida Anderson 1937 Michigan
Audrey Backeberg 1942 Wisconsin
Darcy Brown 1943 Ohio
Peggy Byars-Baisden 1941 Florida
Mabel Chambers 1920 Delaware
Jane Clement 1941 Louisiana
Evelyn Hartley 1937 Wisconsin
Mary Little 1940 Georgia
Mary Mclaughlin 1938 Michigan
Betty Roberts 1930 Maryland
Doris SCANDALIS 1930 California
Beverly Sharpman 1930 Pennsylvania
Nadine Timm 1935 Illinois
Floradean Walker 1925 Texas
Mildred Zentner 1936 Michigan

https://identifyus.org/cases/8675

Also, one of the graphics seems to have blown the margins. Any chance it could be fixed?

Attachments

• Dawn Amlo 1983 and 369ufms 1985.png
    Dawn Amlo 1983 and 369ufms 1985.png
    442 KB · Views: 170
The Jane Doe has a pretty noticibly high #10 tooth, that doesn't look apparent in Dawn's photo. She does look very similar though.

Would she still be worth submitting do you think? The chipped tooth could have happened after she went missing.

Would she still be worth submitting do you think? The chipped tooth could have happened after she went missing.

Yeah, I think she's worth submitting. There's enough time for dental changes and it's hard to tell exactly what the UID's teeth are like in that fuzzy photo. It's probably a ruleout, but she should be checked.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back