MSM coverage of Baby Lisa, 11/19/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
The girl teen never said she heard a handyman brag he'd stolen Lisa for $300. She said she heard a homeless guy say it.

The homeless guy was later sort of ID'd as living in the flop house with MW.

There are THREE people in the teen story -the teen girl, the nameless homeless man who said Jersey stole Lisa for $300, and Jersey who may or may not have said anything of the kind.

I really think you should go back and read through the trail of posts, and John P's statement.

It was a GIRL teen who told her mother this third hand info.

Reread the article. The male teen in the article you linked says he told "someone" - presumedly the girl teen - that Jersey WOULD do that. It's in the article you are referencing.

The defense team hasn't been "schooled" at all. The formerly homeless nameless guy is denying details of what he told the teen girl.

We used to play a game like this at slumber parties when I was young. It was called Gossip .We would sit in a circle and the first person would whisper to the girl next to her a short story.Each girl would repeat it to the girl next to them until it got back to the first person. The funny part was listening to what the last person thought the story was ,compared to what the actual story was.
"I made a peanut butter sandwich " would end up "I think my sister is pregnant".

IMO the DT should verify the info they claim in the media ,but I guess if it works in their clients favor,why would they ? Enough people will remember it and continue to recite it as fact (like LE wants to talk to the parents without their lawyer present) ,so their job is done.

Thank you for the clarification...that is the way I understand it as well.

Totally unrelated...I love your pic, your pup looks very patient this is the way I feel about how you approach answering here...very patient. Thank you

aww, thank you! she may look patient, but you should see her before her walk when i wake up in the morning :)

We used to play a game like this at slumber parties when I was young. It was called Gossip .We would sit in a circle and the first person would whisper to the girl next to her a short story.Each girl would repeat it to the girl next to them until it got back to the first person. The funny part was listening to what the last person thought the story was ,compared to what the actual story was.
"I made a peanut butter sandwich " would end up "I think my sister is pregnant".

IMO the DT should verify the info they claim in the media ,but I guess if it works in their clients favor,why would they ? Enough people will remember it and continue to recite it as fact (like LE wants to talk to the parents without their lawyer present) ,so their job is done.

BBM: That's exactly what we are getting in this case -- "gossip" -- and ALL of it is from the "Defense Team MEDIA Appearances" ...

Oh ... how I wish LE would have a presser to CLARIFY these "stories" -- "rumors" -- "gossip" ! While I understand LE does NOT want to "compromise" the investigation, it sure would HELP for some sort of "clarification" ...

There is so much "speculation" ... and these "characters" that are being "chased down" by the media are NOT helping with respect to the FACTS of this case ...

And NONE of it is helping the most important thing: and that is to FIND Baby Lisa !

It's so sad ... that this baby is being LOST in all this "gossip" ...

MOO MOO and MOO ...

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/news/local_news/investigations/$300-baby-lisa-kidnap-rumor-denied-by-teen-who-supposedly-implicated-handyman-in-disappearance

"I told someone, I was like (expletive), Jersey was the kind of person where you could say here, here’s $300, take care of this baby, and he would have done it," he said. "That’s all I’ve said. I haven’t seen Jersey since weeks before all this happened actually."
Kansas City attorney John Picerno did not respond to our e-mail asking for comment.
Private investigator Bill Stanton said he had not spoken to the witness himself, and wasn't sure whether the Irwin legal team had interviewed the teen.
"Well, they might have, they may have," Stanton said. I'm not sure, but then again. It's the press that makes the headlines."
"Until there's further investigation,30 I'm going to take him at his word," Stanton said. "I met his alleged girlfriend and she and her mother were giving this information. While it's interesting, it may be people who are over zealous."

It's the press that makes headlines?? Umm...it was the defense team who was "OVER ZEALOUS."

Now, we find out the 17 year olds were boyfriend/girlfriend? Seriously, that was SO hard for the defense team to track down?

I wonder what happens if a defense attorney's child goes missing...does he refuse to talk to police? Just wondering, since this one says he has a number of kids, I believe, and that they are all about finding Lisa...yeah, right.

Mm hm. In my day, this game was called "telephone". It was always a fun game. In my experience, this wasn't a way for LE to get information. I don't think LE plays "Gossip" at all, even now. :(

:rocker:
BBM: That's exactly what we are getting in this case -- "gossip" -- and ALL of it is from the "Defense Team MEDIA Appearances" ...

Oh ... how I wish LE would have a presser to CLARIFY these "stories" -- "rumors" -- "gossip" ! While I understand LE does NOT want to "compromise" the investigation, it sure would HELP for some sort of "clarification" ...

There is so much "speculation" ... and these "characters" that are being "chased down" by the media are NOT helping with respect to the FACTS of this case ...

And NONE of it is helping the most important thing: and that is to FIND Baby Lisa !

It's so sad ... that this baby is being LOST in all this "gossip" ...

MOO MOO and MOO ...

you would think instead of all this wild goose chase gossipy mess they would be more concerned with the facts and sitting down with the police or hiring some sort of detective team to come in and find their daughter. I think about the natalie holloway case how that mother was all over the tv yellin and screamin and trying to get anyone that would listen to find her child. What is wrong with these people this is just more distracting.

"Alleged girlfriend"?

Does he mean girl who's his acquaintance he talked to after the vigil, or are these two in an actual relationship?

If so, why didn't the teen girl know his name?

So much clarity gets lost in the shuffle.

His home might be empty and he's not even in the area. As a defense/criminal attorney he's announcing that? My ex would auto-generate a similar message whenever there was a crisis. Simply a tactic. You can trust that if and when JT contacted him yesterday, he didn't get that same response. I'm sure Bill S didn't either. Attorneys and others like JP are never really on vacation nor out-of-town even when vacationing and out-of-town.

Sounds like possibly an autogenerated response. I've certainly gotten those when I email someone who is on vacation.

We are coming up on Thanksgiving. My Sunday school teacher had plans to leave after church to visit his family.:twocents:

Well if I was that young man I would not admit having said that. No indeed. He may have considered the ramifications of getting involved.

Private investigator Bill Stanton said he had not spoken to the witness himself, and wasn't sure whether the Irwin legal team had interviewed the teen.

"Well, they might have, they may have," Stanton said. "I'm not sure, but then again. It's the press that makes the headlines."

Read more: http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/news/local_news/investigations/$300-baby-lisa-kidnap-rumor-denied-by-teen-who-supposedly-implicated-handyman-in-disappearance#ixzz1eGYYSQFh

What is that supposed to mean? Is he saying that it's possible that the Irwin legal team ran to the media with a hear-hear-hear-hearsay kidnapping allegation without attempting to verify it first? And that it's also possible that they verified it and found it to be false but ran with it anyway? Either way it's a bit embarrassing so better blame the media for reporting the story.

:waitasec:

The boy admits making a statement that he "could see" Jersey doing something like taking Lisa for $300. He absolutely denies accusing Jersey or saying that Jersey bragged about doing anything of the sort. He goes further and aknowledges that he hasn't even spoken to Jersey since September.

I'm not sure why this rumor isn't completely put to bed. Write it off to miscommunication, spin, exaggeration...any number of things. But the source of the triple hearsay was tracked down and told us what he did and didn't say. Why are we looking for other explanations as to how this debunked triple hearsay rumor could be true? I don't want to be following bunk - still looking for the truth. It was a very shaky account to begin with and now the direct source of information denies it. There is no indication that this boy is in fear of Jersey (who's in jail) or anyone else. There is no reason not to believe this first hand direct account coming straight from the source over the 4th hand admittedly unconfirmed account intially coming from the attorney. It was investigated, good. It's false, fine. Back to searching for the truth. JMO...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther