Found Deceased MT - Amy Harding-Permann, 34, Great Falls, 26 Jan 2020

Yep...I've been working with various neurosurgeons for over 20 years while working in healthcare including where she worked and where he had privileges to operate. I've also had some neurosurgeons as my personal doctors due to my own spine issues. I do know a great deal about Dr VanG. Not convicting him at all just saying to me that's by far and away the most likely scenario

He surgically implanted a nerve simulator in my back as well as did back surgery for my Mother.

With what you said, you have already convicted him.

We have to deal with what’s the most likely scenario. Your very close personal connection to the case would make it hard for you to think about it from a logical standpoint. Let’s run through this again. So, she assaulted him, then ran outside towards the river in 30 degree weather with negative windchill, without anything besides a shirt and yoga pants? No purse, keys or phone.

Conviently enough her reported assault will happen be cover for defensive wounds on your friend John. His story is utterly ridiculous.

Thank you!!! Common sense is becoming a rarity now I know but seriously that dude neurosurgeon or not needs to be seriously looked into. I'd be shocked if some random person came over there and kidnapped her or if she just went and threw herself in the icy river.

She did not throw herself in the river. She is a Mom. She is a nurse. If she wanted to kill herself she would be capable of other easier ways less painful to do so. Even if she was distraught.

We have to deal with what’s the most likely scenario. Your very close personal connection to the case would make it hard for you to think about it from a logical standpoint. Let’s run through this again. So, she assaulted him, then ran outside towards the river in 30 degree weather with negative windchill, without anything besides a shirt and yoga pants? No purse, keys or phone.

Conviently enough her reported assault will happen be cover for defensive wounds on your friend John. His story is utterly ridiculous.
He is not my friend, he is my Dr.that helped me with severe pain.

That's what I'm saying his "story" of what he told the police is so utterly ridiculous and so unbelievable. She is a mom...she most likely isn't gonna just walk down towards the river without anything but a shirt and yoga pants. She knows that area pretty well.

I'm surprised the people here willing to give the MD the benefit of the doubt. To me it's by far the most logical scenario that he did something to her and then called 911...way way after the scene was cleaned up. Just cause he is a brain surgeon doesn't mean he can't make bad choices and do something crazy. I've met neurosurgeons that have quite the god complex so I could see where he could think if he blamed her for something his status as a surgeon would be trusted. I dont believe his story for a millisecond but that's just my opinion. She grew up in the Falls she knows how cold it is there this time of year. She isn't going out roaming around in a shirt and yoga pants without her phone or anything give me a F'ing break!!

Katie Sepich got into a fight with her boyfriend and left a party without her purse,keys and cell phone and she was murdered by someone who saw her walking in the neighborhood in the early morning hours back in 2003.

She did not grow up in Montana. AND you know nothing about Dr.VanGilder. You have convicted him without looking at all the facts. Every case is not that easy. You have your right to believe what you want. BUT you obviously know nothing about the case. So you are friends with many brain surgeons? Do tell!

Yes, she most certainly DID grow up in Montana. She is a childhood friend of mine and I went to school with her. I'm not sure what your source is to say she didn't grow up in Montana.

Additionally, I would like to mention that I can sense your passion with this case. It is important for all of us to remember that these are real people and that none of us know what happened, but most of us can agree that the story is concerning. Most importantly, a woman is missing and needs to be found. Bottom line.

Our theories don't change the facts and many of the facts are difficult to wrap our brains around.

Last edited:
I'm surprised the people here willing to give the MD the benefit of the doubt.

Just a reminder that WS is victim friendly. The partner has not been named by police as either a suspect or POI at this point. As of right now he cznnot be sleuthed, named, or otherwise accused. Take a lead from LE and wait to see how their investigation progresses. This is to protect all possible victims in this scenario as well as WS for legal reasons.

Yep...I've been working with various neurosurgeons for over 20 years while working in healthcare including where she worked and where he had privileges to operate. I've also had some neurosurgeons as my personal doctors due to my own spine issues. I do know a great deal about Dr VanG. Not convicting him at all just saying to me that's by far and away the most likely scenario

And how many of those people have killed other people? Murderous doctors usually kill their patients, not their friends.

Everyone on WS is aware of the statistics of domestic partner violence. However, statistically, it would be very rare for a successful 50-something surgeon with no record or disclosed history of DV to kill a girlfriend.

That’s why people are exploring other situations.

Particularly because there is an unsolved seeming stranger abduction/murder in this very town last year (Tammy Goff).

And how many of those people have killed other people? Murderous doctors usually kill their patients, not their friends.

Everyone on WS is aware of the statistics of domestic partner violence. However, statistically, it would be very rare for a successful 50-something surgeon with no record or disclosed history of DV to kill a girlfriend.

Particularly because there is an unsolved seeming stranger abduction/murder in this very town last year (Tammy Goff).
Martin MacNeill was a doctor and a lawyer in his 50’s. He murdered his wife, Michele, because he was having an affair.

"As the date looms for the trial of a Canadian physician accused in the murder of his physician wife, doctors are asking how they can prevent this type of tragedy among their colleagues. According to recent research, an all-too-high proportion of physicians experience violence at the hands of spouses or dating partners."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The study didn’t break down results by specific health professions, but about 45% of physicians surveyed reported intimate partner violence (IPV) or other family violence during their lifetimes."
Physicians not immune to intimate partner violence
Physicians not immune to intimate partner violence

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurumsal