GUILTY MT - Cody Johnson, 25, pushed off cliff, Glacier Nat'l Park, 7 July 2013

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-25...w-guilty-plea-act-reckless-unintentional.html

"...Her defense attorney Michael Donahoe said in a motion that her ‘extremely reckless but unintentional act’ only warranted 10 years in prison...."

10 years ?? Holy cow. That would mean she could get out on "good behavior" in less than that amount of time. Makes me ill. Imo; I wouldn't be surprised if someone else meets an "accident" after she is released. I believe she'll always be dangerous to anyone who may get in her way.
MOO

My condolences to Cody's family. This has to be pure anguish for them.

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-25...ng-husband-cliff-just-eight-days-wedding.html

"...U.S. District Judge Don Molloy sentenced Jordan Linn Graham, 22, to 365 months in federal prison, with no possibility of parole after saying he did not believe she was remorseful for the killing.

Molloy said he kept waiting for Graham to say she was sorry for pushing Cody Johnson, 25, to his death in Glacier National Park last summer - but that it never came...."

Not once has she expressed sorrow for what she has done.
At least the judge could see what kind of "person" she truly is. She now has 30 years to reflect on different choices she could have made.

"...She later told Glacier rangers she had found Johnson's body near The Loop because it was a place he wanted to see before he died. ..."
Really ? Did Cody ever even say those exact words ? Imo; she planned this...and who knows just how long she planned her "perfect murder".

Poor Cody ; what a horrible way to die !

Hopefully, Cody's family and friends can have some solace knowing the one who took his life will have a while to think about her cruelty and selfishness.
This sentence is about as much as we could hope for; it seems like sometimes there's a different standard for women--and they get off much too lightly.

My condolences to Cody's family and friends.

Edited to add : www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-courts/bride-who-pushed-new-husband-over-cliff-gets-30-years-n64021

"... Jordan Linn Graham, 22, of Kalispell, Mont., addressed the court through tears on Thursday, NBC affiliate KULR reported, apologizing to the mother of her late husband, Cody Johnson . ..."

Oh well , I guess she's "sorry" now. :( Probably didn't expect a very long sentence ; at least that's my opinion of her "tears".
Any of us who are parents on this forum can imagine the pain if someone did this to our child ; and basically expressed no remorse at all until after sentencing. Just sickening.

She should consider herself lucky. She could have gotten a much longer sentence, but with this, she'll be free when she's 52.

She was just plain mean! Glad she will be locked up.

A Montana woman is appealing her conviction for killing her husband of eight days by pushing him off a cliff in Glacier National Park last year.

Jordan Graham's attorneys argue in an appeal filed with 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals that prosecutors distorted and withheld evidence to convince jurors that Graham planned to kill Cody Lee Johnson on July 7, 2013.

Graham pleaded guilty to second-degree murder, which doesn't involve premeditation, just before closing arguments in her December 2013 trial. A judge rejected her motion to withdraw her guilty plea after she argued the government's request for a life sentence was an attempt to punish her for first-degree murder.

Graham was sentenced to 30 years in prison.

The appeal, filed Oct. 17, requests the conviction be reversed and Graham be tried for manslaughter.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/montana-newlywed-guilty-in-husbands-cliff-push-death-appeals/

Federal prosecutors have said she has no grounds to appeal after lying to officials and using trickery in a bid to conceal her crime.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ion-prosecutors-tell-court.html#ixzz3YtiqAIEo

Now that the federal government has responded, the Ninth District Court of Appeals can either issue a ruling throwing out the appeal or allow for oral arguments in the matter.

http://flatheadbeacon.com/2015/01/29/federal-prosecutors-respond-jordan-grahams-appeal/

News flash for Jordan: You are a sociopath, not made up, you did premeditate his murder (the text to your friend stating something was gonna happen and the wedding songs about taking you to a higher place), it wasn't a sudden rage, and the prosecutor is NOT vindictive for prosecuting you!!! Just goes to show how immature you still are. Maybe you can be BFF's with Jodi Arias, except that your victim actually wanted to marry you.

I keep hearing this da*n song over and over again on the music track that Kohl's plays and it keeps reminding me of her: "You're always gonna be a safe place to fall/my safe place to land"...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back