GUILTY MT - Dejuan Laster, 29, Billings, 17 January 2013

I see Dejaun's brother has either deleted or made private all of his FB posts regarding his brother. I can't imagine the pain this family must be feeling right now. RIP Dejuan.

More details in this article

Prosecutor: Robbery motive for kidnapping, shooting death

"A.L. stated that the two men questioned her for a long time," the affidavit states. "A.L. said she was then taken by the men into another room in the hotel and questioned further."

A few minutes later, the woman said, she heard Laster scream for help and yell that a man had a gun and had captured him.

The men then took A.L. and Laster to separate vehicles. The woman said she was placed in a green, four-door passenger car and Laster was taken to a white sport-utility vehicle.

Read more: http://billingsgazette.com/news/loc...445-55a0-84bd-5fb01a45f83c.html#ixzz2Io0nRD4M

Make sure to read the comments

More details in this article

Prosecutor: Robbery motive for kidnapping, shooting death

"A.L. stated that the two men questioned her for a long time," the affidavit states. "A.L. said she was then taken by the men into another room in the hotel and questioned further."

A few minutes later, the woman said, she heard Laster scream for help and yell that a man had a gun and had captured him.

The men then took A.L. and Laster to separate vehicles. The woman said she was placed in a green, four-door passenger car and Laster was taken to a white sport-utility vehicle.

According to this article, one of the kidnappers allegedly called the girlfriend after the abduction on her cell phone, asking about Dejuan's car. How did he get her cell phone number? Additionally, why was this criminal so bold and brazen as to not just CALL her after kidnapping her boyfriend at gunpoint, but to do so from a phone number that wasn't blocked? We know it wasn't a blocked number because the girlfriend was able to pass it on to LE. Still suspicious of gf, wondering if these were people known to her, and whether or not she was complacent in this horrible crime.

Also, I have to wonder if these men were known to Dejuan too. It isn't pleasant, but the reality is, these guys (Dejuan and his brother) were into behavior I can only describe as shady. Beyond lifestyle, it is strange that he'd been in Billings "visiting family" for two weeks, but never introduced the girlfriend he'd brought with him to his own mother. IMO Dejuan was in Billings for other reasons. None of it justifies murder. It is tough, however, to ignore the glaring lifestyle signs peppered throughout the internet in the way of social media and criminal history.

JMO!!!!

The robbers calling her back on the cell asking about the Camaro does reinforce that she knew them unless they took her cell during the robbery to get her #. That really is a reach though.

And why the heck were they calling about the car? Were they asking if it were for sale!!!(insert sarcasm)

Yep there's something that really stinks here.

ETA Also in the article it says the men took her to another room. Were they staying there too?

Imo

The robbers calling her back on the cell asking about the Camaro does reinforce that she knew them unless they took her cell during the robbery to get her #. That really is a reach though.

And why the heck were they calling about the car? Were they asking if it were for sale!!!(insert sarcasm)

Yep there's something that really stinks here.

ETA Also in the article it says the men took her to another room. Were they staying there too?

Imo

BBM - That struck me as odd too. They would have had to register which would be stupid in terms of leaving a trail. The GF's story just rubs me the wrong way. It doesn't make sense!

There is at least one post on FB- it's a reply to a comment someone with the initials JG made. The comment is made by someone whose initials are GB, and says the gf set Dejuan up. FWIW, anyway. Kind of goes along with what some of us were thinking too.

Homicide charges to be filed in Montana kidnapping

snip

convinced a hotel worker to give them a key to Laster’s room,

snip

“The defendant claimed that he was going to cut the zip ties off of Laster’s hands when he observed Jacobson shoot at Laster with a handgun,” the affidavit said. “The defendant then stated that Laster ran to get away and Jacobson shot at him a couple more times and Laster fell to the ground. He stated that Jacobson then shot Laster in the back of the head.”

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/vi...027/Homicide-charges-filed-Montana-kidnapping

Homicide charges to be filed in Montana kidnapping

snip

convinced a hotel worker to give them a key to Laster’s room,

snip

“The defendant claimed that he was going to cut the zip ties off of Laster’s hands when he observed Jacobson shoot at Laster with a handgun,” the affidavit said. “The defendant then stated that Laster ran to get away and Jacobson shot at him a couple more times and Laster fell to the ground. He stated that Jacobson then shot Laster in the back of the head.”

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/vi...027/Homicide-charges-filed-Montana-kidnapping

This article re-iterates the suspect later called the girlfriend, and she gave his number to LE. It also says their connection is unknown. Clearly they knew each other. What a mess.

ETA: and convinced a hotel worker to give them a key to Laster's room? WTH?! Unless the 'convincing' was done at gunpoint, charge that guy for being stupid.

The gf is Queen Hinky to me. I just cant shake the feeling that she was involved in someway.

More details released in kidnapping death of Dejuan Laster:

http://www.ktvq.com/news/homicide-suspect-appears-in-court-blames-murder-on-partner/

Other details within the documents released Thursday indicate that the hotel staff believed Walker and Simonson were FBI agents.

On January 16, Jacobson entered the Extended Stay Hotel, claiming to be "Detective Jefferson." He told the hotel clerk that he was working on a missing person case and asked for the key to Laster's room.

After checking with her manager, the clerk gave the room key to Jacobson.

Later that evening, when Laster was trying to escape from Jacobson, Laster jumped over the clerk's desk and hid in the laundry room.

Thinking that this was the man Jacobson and Walker were attempting arrest, the clerk tried to convince Laster to come out of the laundry room and surrender to Jacobson.

Court documents state that Laster came out of the laundry room with his hands in the air after a short conversation with Jacobson.

Wow...what a strange story. I wonder if the men were dressed like FBI agents and had badges? I also thought that earlier it was said that the hotel clerk called to say that someone was messing with Dejuan's car and that is why he left the room.

I wonder what Jacobson said to get him to leave the safety of the laundry room - with his hands up no less?

I wonder what Jacobson said to get him to leave the safety of the laundry room - with his hands up no less?

I interpreted the article to say that it was the clerk that actually convinced Laster to leave the laundry room, mistakenly believing that Laster was a man who was wanted by LE. That he came out with his hands up tells me that Laster himself believed the men could have been LE. To me, holding his hands up means he was trying to "surrender".

I interpreted the article to say that it was the clerk that actually convinced Laster to leave the laundry room, mistakenly believing that Laster was a man who was wanted by LE. That he came out with his hands up tells me that Laster himself believed the men could have been LE. To me, holding his hands up means he was trying to "surrender".

I read this to read that Jacobson talked him out.

Court documents state that Laster came out of the laundry room with his hands in the air after a short conversation with Jacobson.

Either way, he was scared enough to run and hide which makes it odd that he'd surrender. Perhaps he was convinced they were LE.

Twito: No death penalty in Laster murder case

Twito said he considered several factors in making his decision, including a comparison between the two current Montana inmates on death row and the case against Laster's accused killer, Simon Elliot Jacobson.

Twito said his office will focus on securing a conviction against Jacobson and then seeking a life sentence.

Jacobson, 28, is charged with deliberate homicide, aggravated kidnapping and kidnapping

http://billingsgazette.com/news/loc...cle_0204008b-85a1-5d7f-983c-765c9bfc1995.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelonyAnn
Back