GUILTY MT - Kenzley Olson, 1, Poplar, 19 April 2016 *Arrest*

So, I had August 10th as the sentencing date - ?? Did that change? As I'm reading the above article - it says she was sentenced!

And as you say - 20 years is NOT enough....

TIA! :wave:

The mother of a woman charged with killing a 13-month old girl on a Montana American Indian reservation says she believes the death was accidental.

Rhea Starr told The Associated Press on Tuesday that her daughter, Janelle Red Dog, had cared for young Kenzley Olson when no one else would.
Starr says Kenzley was Red Dog's niece and had been sick in recent weeks, coughing and throwing up.

http://www.kcbd.com/story/31821725/the-latest-woman-charged-with-murder-in-babys-death

The defendant's mother, Rhea Starr, said she believes Kenzley's death was an accident and Red Dog had been caring for the baby when no one else would.

"That baby was passed along like yesterday's gossip," Starr said. "I don't think (Kenzley's death) was intentional. I think my daughter was trying to help the baby and panicked."
Kenzley had been under Red Dog's care for about two weeks, after her mother dropped her off and failed to return, Red Dog's mother and her lawyer said. The tribal jail confirmed the mother was behind bars on unspecified charges when Kenzley died.
An investigator testified during a probable cause hearing last week that an autopsy determined Kenzley died of blunt force trauma. However, the court has not released the autopsy results or an affidavit from prosecutors that was said to have further details on the case.
Starr said her daughter had been addicted to painkillers "quite a few years ago" but was unsure if she had recent involvement in drugs.

"One addiction leads to another," Starr said. "There's so much drugs on this reservation it's crazy," she said.

http://billingsgazette.com/news/cri...cle_5da2bd51-9ad6-572d-99a0-e7d5daf6ec36.html

So we have Red Dog's mother defending the indefensible. Coughing and throwing up doesn't equal death by blunt force trauma, though it can be a sign of such trauma.

I sure hope federal charges are filed - 3 years for murder? Uh uh. :notgood:

Why would a large family like this have trouble finding someone to care for a 1 yr old baby girl? Grandma keeps saying ' she cared for her when no one else would.'

Why wouldn't anyone else care for a sick 1 yr old whose mother was in jail? I'd take a 1 yr old sweet baby in a heartbeat ...what was the problem?

Why didn't grandma take her?

Why would a large family like this have trouble finding someone to care for a 1 yr old baby girl? Grandma keeps saying ' she cared for her when no one else would.'

Why wouldn't anyone else care for a sick 1 yr old whose mother was in jail? I'd take a 1 yr old sweet baby in a heartbeat ...what was the problem?

Why didn't grandma take her?

That part about "drugs being everywhere on this reservation" pretty much explains it all.

(I can't stand to be in this thread and read the msm.

:stormingmad: )

No excuses!!!!!

No excuses!!!!!

Not to make fun of you or anything - but you aren't on the Scanner thread.... :giggle:

No excuses!!!!!
I totally feel your frustration and anger...I sometimes just don't get it?!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Wow! Kill the baby? WTH is wrong with people?

Article from July 26, 2017

Montana Woman Gets 20 Years Prison in 13-Month-Old's Death
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...n-gets-20-years-prison-in-13-month-olds-death

BILLINGS, Mont. (AP) — A Montana woman has been sentenced to 20 years in prison after pleading guilty to second-degree murder for the death of a 13-month-old girl whose body was found in a trash can on the Fort Peck Indian Reservation.

Janelle Red Dog was sentenced Wednesday in the killing of Kenzley Olson.

I guess I had the wrong date for sentencing. I had today... :dunno:

KENZLEY got JUSTICE! :rose:

:judge:

In the letter, Daines asks that May 5th be designated each year as a National Day of Awareness in honor of Hanna Harris’s birthday. Harris was a member of the Northern Cheyenne Tribe who went missing and was later found murdered in 2013.

The letter also mentions Ashley Loring HeavyRunner, Roylynn Rides Horse, Kenzley Olson, and Henny Scott, who was missing for 15 days before her body was found on December 28, 2018.

Daines requests Montana field hearing on missing and murdered Indigenous people

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven
Back