MT MT - Lloyd Bogle, 18, & Patricia Kalitzke, 16, Great Falls, 2 Jan 1956

• Thread starter Deleted member 185742
  • Start date
Two Montana Sweethearts Were Fatally Shot in 1956. The Case Was Just Solved.

I could not find an obit for Kenneth Gould in Newspapers.com. I did find something else on him that is very interesting - he went missing for 8 days back in 1943 when he was 15 years old. Plus a marriage notice. Not much else, that's it.

I was pleasantly surprised to read about this case I have not before heard of. RIP Lloyd and Patricia.

Attachments

• GreatFallsTribune-MT-June-16-1943.JPG
    GreatFallsTribune-MT-June-16-1943.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 16
  • GreatFallsTribune-MT-June-19-1943.JPG
    GreatFallsTribune-MT-June-19-1943.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 18
  • GreatFallsTrubune-MT-May-25-1952.JPG
    GreatFallsTrubune-MT-May-25-1952.JPG
    25.4 KB · Views: 15
Jul 19, 2021
https://www.ktvq.com/news/crime-watch/great-falls-cold-case-murders-garner-national-media-attention

Cold Case: 1956 murder of two people in Great Falls finally solved

"Through the use of forensic genetic genealogy, they say Kenneth Gould is the most likely suspect in the rape and murder of Kalitzke and the murder of Bogle (click here for details).

From the New York Times to CBS News, from Inside Edition to NPR, the closure of the case involving the murders garnered plenty of media attention. It’s not just making news in the United States. An Ireland-produced series called Bloodline Detectives has picked up the story.''

''Bloodline Detectives is seen across the US and Europe, including Saturday nights at 8:00 p.m. on CW Montana.''

Are there any other photos of Gould out there aside from the one where he’s riding a horse? I feel like there should be a yearbook picture.

Oct 1 2023
1696256780235.png
''For more than half a century, the banker’s box containing details of a young couple’s heartbreaking final hours on this Earth gathered dust.''

'That box in Great Falls, Mont., had plenty of company in police department storage rooms across the U.S. and Canada.'
'Duane Bogle was discovered face down in his car on Jan. 3, 1956. He had been shot in the head. His girlfriend, Patty Kalitzke, was found the next day. She had been sexually assaulted, then shot to death.'

''The decades passed until 2001, when a small amount of sperm was located on a vaginal sample from Kalitzke. Serial killer Edward Wayne Edwards and Boston mob boss “Whitey” Bulger were ruled out.

Then using genetic genealogy, they made a link to the children of Kenneth Gould, who died in 2007. He was the killer.

Gould is the oldest case cleared using genetic genealogy — technology that rose to prominence with the arrest of the Golden State Killer. It uses DNA websites like Ancestry.com and 23andMe to find the killer’s family.''

Now, genealogist Marc McDermott has established a database for cold cases cleared using information provided by the Forensic Genetic Genealogy Project led by Dr. Tracey Dowdeswell of Queen’s University.

“We had the data, but it was all one giant Excel sheet. I took it and made it a website and added categories like state or area, the earliest cases and the most recent,” McDermott said. “But all the real work was done by Tracey.

“These are all solved cases where law enforcement has acknowledged genetic genealogy has played a role in clearing them.”
1696256827422.png
Using genetic genealogy, cops made a link to the children of Kenneth Gould, who died in 2007. He was the killer.

Oct 1 2023
View attachment 450968
''For more than half a century, the banker’s box containing details of a young couple’s heartbreaking final hours on this Earth gathered dust.''

'That box in Great Falls, Mont., had plenty of company in police department storage rooms across the U.S. and Canada.'
'Duane Bogle was discovered face down in his car on Jan. 3, 1956. He had been shot in the head. His girlfriend, Patty Kalitzke, was found the next day. She had been sexually assaulted, then shot to death.'

''The decades passed until 2001, when a small amount of sperm was located on a vaginal sample from Kalitzke. Serial killer Edward Wayne Edwards and Boston mob boss “Whitey” Bulger were ruled out.

Then using genetic genealogy, they made a link to the children of Kenneth Gould, who died in 2007. He was the killer.

Gould is the oldest case cleared using genetic genealogy — technology that rose to prominence with the arrest of the Golden State Killer. It uses DNA websites like Ancestry.com and 23andMe to find the killer’s family.''

Now, genealogist Marc McDermott has established a database for cold cases cleared using information provided by the Forensic Genetic Genealogy Project led by Dr. Tracey Dowdeswell of Queen’s University.

“We had the data, but it was all one giant Excel sheet. I took it and made it a website and added categories like state or area, the earliest cases and the most recent,” McDermott said. “But all the real work was done by Tracey.

“These are all solved cases where law enforcement has acknowledged genetic genealogy has played a role in clearing them.”
View attachment 450969
Using genetic genealogy, cops made a link to the children of Kenneth Gould, who died in 2007. He was the killer.
Oh, look. It's a piece of human garbage on the back of a horse. I feel sorry for the horse and any other human being who ever came into contact with this . What kind of sub human goes out and kills two innocent young kids like that? I feel sorry for hischildren. He was probably a miserable excuse for a father and husband.

Again, it seems the monsters who commit such horrible crimes are often from the community, known to everyone. It's so easy to think the killers are some madman from another state, just passing through when they're often neighbors, people everyone knows.

Much praise to the police who didn't give up and made sure to go back and re examine the evidence they had.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back