MT MT - Megan Ginevicz, 2, St. Ignatius, 30 April 1980

From Great Falls Tribune, Great Falls, Montana, May 3, 1980:

attachment.php

Looks like a lot of wildlife in that one area. Did the little girl have any food on her/with her at the time?

The mention of black bears reminded me of the Esther Schwimmer case:

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/08/20/n...tches-infant-from-stroller-and-kills-her.html

Normally black bears will not approach someone unless food is on the person - and there was a milk bottle in Esther's stroller IIRC

Attachments

• GreatFallsTribuneMONT-May-3-1980.jpg
    GreatFallsTribuneMONT-May-3-1980.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 31
March 30, 1994
FATHER STILL WAITING FOR MISSING DAUGHTER LOVELAND MAN WON'T GIVE UP HOPE OF FINDING CHILD WHO DISAPPEARED IN 1980 IN MONTANA

Author: ASSOCIATED PRESS
Edition: REGIONAL
Section: LOCAL
Page: 13A
Dateline: LOVELAND
Estimated printed pages: 2
Article Text:
Megan Ginevicz was 2 when she disappeared into rugged Montana wilderness 14 years ago.
Her father, William Ginevicz, has never given up hope. He still keeps two pictures in his window, hoping someone will remember her and end his agony.
Sadly Megan's father William Ginevicz passed away without finding out what happened to Megan. According to his facebook he said in 2010 "living in car, homeless, with end stage bone disease, pulmonary fibrosis etc". A very sad ending for this man. Megan's mother Dona is still alive and living in Colorado.

This is a very tragic case and my heart goes out to her mother. Many parents have lost sight of their toddler but everything turned out okay because they were lucky; no one has a right to judge. This mama was working at the time and thought her daughter was safe.
I guess likely too much time has passed for clues to still be found, but I hope her remaining family has found some peace.
If there was a way for her to get out of the yard, it does sounds like misadventure.
Poor little sweetie.
All IMO.

ETA: Her Charley Project page says she was playing outside with her brother. If that is true, I wonder what he was able to communicate about what he thought happened.
Megan Ginevicz – The Charley Project

Bumping for Megan and her Mother. I can't imagine the mother's grief. As far as I can tell, Megan's brother Joseph went missing in the 2004 Indian Ocean Tsunami.

This is a very tragic case and my heart goes out to her mother. Many parents have lost sight of their toddler but everything turned out okay because they were lucky; no one has a right to judge. This mama was working at the time and thought her daughter was safe.
I guess likely too much time has passed for clues to still be found, but I hope her remaining family has found some peace.
If there was a way for her to get out of the yard, it does sounds like misadventure.
Poor little sweetie.
All IMO.

ETA: Her Charley Project page says she was playing outside with her brother. If that is true, I wonder what he was able to communicate about what he thought happened.
Megan Ginevicz – The Charley Project
That’s very true, I remember being unable to find my toddler once, and she’d JUST been in front of me! I found her after a few minutes hiding behind a tree in the backyard. Scary.

updated 5/18/2022

Age-Progression

Left: Ginevicz in 1980; Right: Age-progressed to age 32 (circa 2010)

Name: Megan Ginevicz
Case Classification: Non Family Abduction
Missing Since: April 30, 1980
Location Last Seen: St. Ignatius, Lake County, Montana.

Physical Description​

Date of Birth: January 12, 1978
Race: White
Height: 2'1
Weight: 25 pounds
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Blue
Nickname/Alias: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown

Identifiers​

Dentals: Unknown
Fingerprints: Unknown
DNA: Available

Clothing & Personal Items​

Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance​

Ginevicz was last seen playing in an unfenced yard in a remote, wooded area of St. Ignatius, Montana on April 30, 1980.

Investigating Agency(s)​

Agency Name: Lake County Sheriff's Office
Agency Contact Person: Missing Persons Unit
Agency Phone Number: 406-883-7301
Agency E-Mail: lcso@lakecountymtso.com
Agency Case Number: 86-110

NCIC Case Number: M-424955873
NCMEC Case Number: NCMC601402

Information Source(s)​

The National Center For Missing and Exploited Children
MT DOJ

Admin Notes​

Added: Prior to 2011; Last Updated: 05-18-2022 - By: Htmlcnvtr

what a terrible story... poor baby and once again we see carelessness and overconfidence with children... they cannot be left alone for a second... I understand that she worked and lived right there that they were very poor but That's not why I was going to leave her unattended... besides, her brother also died young in a tsunami Joseph Ginevicz
If she is alive I hope she is well and happy and if she is not like that...
rest in peace little beauty

what a terrible story... poor baby and once again we see carelessness and overconfidence with children... they cannot be left alone for a second... I understand that she worked and lived right there that they were very poor but That's not why I was going to leave her unattended... besides, her brother also died young in a tsunami Joseph Ginevicz
So much tragedy. Poor family.

Joe did not die in the Tsunami. In his last contact he said that he was going to go to southern Thailand to help with the recovery efforts.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
restfulmedsuk
Back