MT MT - Nyleen Marshall, 4, Clancy, 25 June 1983

Are there any updates to this story? Did the media do a new article?

I think there is some resembalance. The blue eyes, especially. I'm going to print the Charley project photos and hold them up to the myspace photo.

Nyleen Kay Marshall

http://www.charleyproject.org/images/m/marshall_nyleen.jpg http://www.charleyproject.org/images/m/marshall_nyleen_ap.jpg
Left: Marshall, circa 1983;
Right: Age-progression at age 25 (circa 2003)

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

These are the Charley Project pictures. (Hope it is okay that I posted them here). Look at these, then check out the myspace and see what you think. It seems to me the hairline around the forehead would be wrong based on the actual photo, but then in the age progression photo it could work.

The shadow on the myspace photo also does not match, but it could really be a shadow, or a smudge or something?

I didn't realize the photos would turn into links. Oh well. When comparing the Charlyproject photos against myspace photos - the smile is a definite match, the birthmark may just be some dark pigmentation from sun exposure. If you look closely - I don't think it is an actual birthmark. The shape of the eyes don't quite match, but that's a hard one. The smile and the dimples definitely match.

It says she went to high school in Oshkosh - how far is that from where the letters came from?

Is her cousin still posting here?

Maybe Kay is not the name she is going by....maybe when her abductor asked her name, she heard "Kyleen" or "Kayleen" instead of "Nyleen." Or maybe her name was changed to something that sounded like Nyleen...Eileen??? Just another possibility as I do believe there is a very good chance Nyleen is still alive.

Salem said:
It says she went to high school in Oshkosh - how far is that from where the letters came from?
The letters had a Madison postmark. That's about 2 hours SW of Oshkosh. Janesville and Edgerton (two other towns mentioned in the article linked on pg 1) are roughly an hour S of Madison - so almost 3 from Oshkosh.

That letter also said the guy called Nyleen "Kay".

If her cousin is still posting here, maybe she could send an email?... I think the picture is close enough that it would be worth a shot.

Salem

Ang50 said:
That letter also said the guy called Nyleen "Kay".
Yes, I know that. But Kay could be a nn for something - i have a friend named Michaela who we call "kay" and a little girl at the daycare named Kayleen who also goes by "kay." so it is a possibility that Kay is her nn...it is also possible that the letter writer was lying about calling her Kay. It is also possible that the abductor kept Kay as her mn and just had her go by that, but changed her first name to something more common then Nyleen.

Cattitude said:
I thought some of you might find this interesting. Nyleen was profiled on Unsolved Mysteries, if some of you saw that episode, you would have seen her mother. She was murdered in mexico while looking for a house for her family to move into as her husband Kim was being transferred. She was found raped, with her hands bound behind her back, hung with a mans belt, all jewelery and valuables missing, and the mexican police labeled it a suicide and refused us jurisdiction to investigate. Voila! A whole new unsolved mystery for you. Poor Kim, how much can the man take?
How can her mother have been murdered when she is STILL alive??

If you read the channel 3000 link in the first post it says in that article that her mother is still looking for Nyleen and it even shows a picture of here.

So, what do you mean???

I see that that story is from 2002 so maybe it happened since then? What I am wondering is has anyone contacted any LE or the family or this girl on my space? My MY she really looks like the age progressed photo on charlyn project. And I think maybe that is a burn scar or some kind of scar. Not a birth mark. Cause birth marks are usually darker.

Hey I think she looks just like the age progressed photo. She has the same dimples same smile same shaped head and that hair line is almost exact. I just called the National missing and Exploited children hotline. They are going to check it out. They asked me what my space accountand I gave them allof the information. Crazy but if that girl isnt her she looks like she could be her twin.

Checking around, I SUSPECT the myspace woman could be Maria Galacia from Middleton or Mikwaukee. Maybe she has a nickname or uses her middle name, or maybe she is Nyleen.

The email address is glacia97, probably her last name and year she graduated, making her 28. Checking white pages, there is a Maria Galacia listed from Middleton (age 28).

Just some thoughts...

flower1969 - have you heard anything back from the National Missing and Exploited Hotline? Were they going to keep you posted?

I think Nyleen may have actually been TAKEN to Mexico or Canada, and we are focusing our effort here in the US. Hmm, might be worth looking into

Nyleen disappeared in 1983. Her mother was raped and murdered in Mexico in 1996. If I recall correctly, the mother was vacationing.

At first, I was skeptical about the girl on MySpace, but Middleton is only 37 miles from Edgerton, WI, the place from where the mysterious phone call was placed (outside the Edgerton Pharmacy). I did a quick search re: Middleton. It's a very nice town - appears to be a rather affluent place. I'm going to do more.

Good find Sable, I think it is her. Someone by the name of Mindy left her a comment today (April 14) and she referred to her as "Nyleen".

Jumping in with a few comments. First of all regarding the "birthmark" - if you check posting #4 on the first page, the missing information is listed from the Charley Project and under distinguishing characteristics it lists "a small mole above left eyebrow". Could this be what has been referred to as the birthmark on her forehead? If so that makes it even more likely it is her. I can only see the one small picture on myspace pictured with another woman and don't see the mark - have you all been looking at a bigger or better one on there that I can see? (I'm not familiar with myspace so might not be looking in the right place).

I also wanted to say that if this is her - and I'm more and more convinced that it is - did anyone else find her saying on her myspace page ironic:

"Always look forward and you'll never be left behind!!"

Finally, regarding the comment left on April 14th referring to her as Nyleen - hmmm, what is that about? Nyleen is too unusual a name for this to be coincidence. Does this mean she already knows? Perhaps its even old news. Why did the person who left the comment add "haha"? Very strange...

I think its her.

Hi. I'm new here, but have been a lurker for quite a while. I have always been quite intrested about how someone can just disappear into thin air.

Anyway, if you go to www..com, Brian is a guy who claims to be able to do RV's about missing people. In other words, he says he is able to see things that the rest of us can not. He has an amazingly high accuracy rate.

Someone has asked him to do an RV on Nyleen. The person on the email has signed her name Kaye.

Is it just me or does this seem too strange?

I think it is very strange that the Myspace post stated...Nylee (haha). It makes me wonder if this Kay has been contacted by LE already.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ammereignw
Back