MT MT - Paul Batson, 45, Stillwater Co, 29 Apr 2018

Saw this today and thought of Paul...
Montana sees spike in missing person reports last year

The number of missing person reports in Montana increased last year compared to previous years, according to state officials.

Deputy Attorney General Jon Bennion said during a news conference on Tuesday that may mean missing people are being more accurately reported after state officials took steps to address the issue, particularly in the case of missing and murdered Native Americans.

For example, law enforcement officials filed only 10 missing persons reports related to the Northern Cheyenne tribe in 2017 and 2018, according to a Montana Department of Justice report. Last year, that number jumped to 39 reports, The Billings Gazette reported.

The report says 3,277 different people were reported missing from 2017 to 2019. It says 97% of the people were found alive or dead and 3% remained missing.

The report finds Native Americans, which account for 6% of Montana’s population, are four times more likely to go missing that non-Natives.

I can't imagine what would cause him to put his family and friends through that.
IMO
He liked the attention he would get from it, he had mental health issues that people wouldn't talk about or make excuses for him. if he's still missing its either because he wanted to start a new life and wanted to disappear or he had intentions of disappearing, but things didn't go right and he got injured and unintentionally put himself in harms way. so i doubt suicide. If anything an accidental death if he didn't make it to his intended destination.

Interesting thoughts. I see on here everyone described him as charming, funny, witty, intelligent..... those are also sides of a darker personality, sadly many people have a hard time getting help for themselves....
I find a few things stand out, a family desperately searching for any information turning to social media and the news because his father had heart issues due to overwhelming worry. Then suddenly going quiet. Could he have reached out? Everyone has family secrets.
(2) going to the library when he had access to a phone but was he letting it run dry on purpose? People make new identities all the time.
I just hope his family does have continued contact. I hope he found whatever help he needed and has peace

I think that it is significant that he was a veteran, and worked for USPS. I have known a lot of guys like that, not Paul. But, they almost seem on the spectrum. Sure, they get along with folks. But prefer to be alone. I noticed that Paul was never married, no children.

Paul was married before and had 3 children but I think it was earlier in the thread. I believe the years he served in the Navy there were no active wars but that doesn't mean he didn't see things.

I think that it is significant that he was a veteran, and worked for USPS. I have known a lot of guys like that, not Paul. But, they almost seem on the spectrum. Sure, they get along with folks. But prefer to be alone. I noticed that Paul was never married, no children.
He was married 2 times and had a few kids. Not on the spectrum.

Ws member @One more thing has been verified as a case insider in this discussion. As a VI, they are not required to provide links to what they state in relation to this case, and we'll leave it up to them to share details of their relationship as they feel comfortable doing so.

As always, please be respectful to our VI. If you disagree with something they have to contribute, just scroll and roll without arguing with them or badgering them for information they may not wish to discuss.

Thank you to everyone for being here to discuss this case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back