Found Deceased MT - Rory Wanner, 33, Billings, 28 June 2017 *Arrests*

So very sorry to hear...

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

RIP Rory and condolences to his friends and family. His pictures have a magnetic quality and from social media it seems he had such a positive effect on people. I hope there is justice for Rory.

I'm so sad to check this thread and see the news. I wonder what happened. Apparently he was in the area he was going to, but ended up at someone else's residence? Curious if he knew the men.

For some reason this case especially saddens me. I hope we find out what happened and that justice is swift. RIP sweet Rory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whatttt???? Not what I expected. I thought "stranger". What a nice guy...he didn't deserve that.

Two men have been charged in Yellowstone County Justice Court with tampering with evidence.*

A 37-year-old man was charged on Thursday and a 35-year-old man was charged Wednesday.

According to charging documents, the men removed evidence of an assault, including bloody clothing, from a residence on Ginger Avenue in the Billings Heights.

Police believe that assault occurred June 28. Wanner was last heard from around 9 p.m. that same day.*

Confidential witnesses told authorities that the two men who disposed of the bloody clothing also took the entire dumpster full of evidence to an unknown location to prevent police from finding the evidence.

Police carried out a search warrant at the Ginger Avenue residence on Sunday and found that the home had been cleaned with bleach.

Despite the cleaning, authorities were able to locate blood stains on the staircase, a speaker box and a piece of baseboard.

Police would not confirm whether the defendants in that case are*involved in the murder of Wanner.

The 37-year-old defendant is being held at the Yellowstone County jail on $100,000 bond. The 35-year-old man posted bond.

http://www.ktvq.com/story/35834820/police-billings-missing-person-case-a-homicide

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Here's a page where you can see current inmates (select Entire List in dropdown and click Search). I see a booking on 7/4 with charges related to evidence tampering.
http://www.co.yellowstone.mt.gov/sheriff/detention/dcsearch.asp

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk
I "think" it was reported by msm that one was able to bond out.

Again, I "think" the one still locked up was arrested on anothet charge after Rory went missing. Possibly more charges will be coming?

Again, I "think" the one still locked up was arrested on anothet charge after Rory went missing. Possibly more charges will be coming?
Yep just a few posts up is an article that ends with a statement that one is still in custody and one bonded out. I missed that part the first time I read it, so I was really confused that the name I previously spotted on the inmate list wasn't there anymore. Makes sense if he bonded out.

Also to your second point, I found an article that names the person, their other charge, and mentions some info that matches the article linked in post #26. Not sure if it's ok to post...

Also to your second point, I found an article that names the person, their other charge, and mentions some info that matches the article linked in post #26. Not sure if it's ok to post...

Not sure either even with public arrest info unless we know it is specific to Rory. I have name and picture of both. I am sure it will be in msm soon. Seems they were friends. 😕

Hope they are keeping watch on the one that bonded out. Heck, the one that bonded out should watch his back. It seems Rory was well liked.

Not sure either even with public arrest info unless we know it is specific to Rory. I have name and picture of both. I am sure it will be in msm soon. Seems they were friends. [emoji53]

Hope they are keeping watch on the one that bonded out. Heck, the one that bonded out should watch his back. It seems Rory was well liked.
That's messed up...,

I have name and picture of both. I am sure it will be in msm soon. Seems they were friends. [emoji53]

Oh no. Were these the friends in that area he was going to see? The ones who said he never showed up?

Oh no. Were these the friends in that area he was going to see? The ones who said he never showed up?

That I don't know. I think the pic was mention here being in the comments of his find page. It may have been removed with it being an active investigation.

A Billings man was accused Thursday of shooting a vehicle's tire out during a road rage incident.*

William James Hoffert III, 37, was charged with felony criminal endangerment Tuesday in Yellowstone County Justice Court. He was also charged with felony tampering with evidence in an unrelated assault.*

According to court documents, Hoffert got into an argument with another motorist near the intersection of Highway 87 and Interstate 90 on June 25. While waiting at a stoplight, the other driver said he heard a "boom that sounded like a gunshot." That driver sped away from the scene and later found a cut in a tire and recovered a bullet.*

Hoffert admitted arguing with the driver but said he threw a firecracker at the car and didn't shoot at it.*

In another case, Hoffert is accused of throwing out bloody clothing that was evidence of an assault on June 28. Police searched the house on July 2 and found blood on a staircase, baseboard and a speaker box.*

Justice of the Peace Pedro Hernandez set bond at $100,000 for Hoffert, who appeared in court by video from the county jail, and ordered him to appear in district court on Aug. 2.*

http://billingsgazette.com/news/crime/article_aad9a6be-78f4-5ca3-9916-1824e70edacf.html

I really wish they'd release more details. :(

This is an interesting comment concerning a body.

Police Capt.*Jeremy House says the case involving Rory Wanner is an active homicide investigation. Detectives are "pursuing leads and have identified persons of interest," House stated in a news release.

House said no other information would be immediately released. It was unclear if investigators have located a body and how Wanner died.*

While authorities would not provide further information about the persons of interest, details in charging documents filed against a pair of Billings men this week are similar to the facts known in Wanner's disappearance.

http://www.kpax.com/story/35842960/police-billings-missing-person-case-a-homicide

This is an interesting comment concerning a body.

Police Capt.*Jeremy House says the case involving Rory Wanner is an active homicide investigation. Detectives are "pursuing leads and have identified persons of interest," House stated in a news release.

House said no other information would be immediately released. It was unclear if investigators have located a body and how Wanner died.*

While authorities would not provide further information about the persons of interest, details in charging documents filed against a pair of Billings men this week are similar to the facts known in Wanner's disappearance.

http://www.kpax.com/story/35842960/police-billings-missing-person-case-a-homicide

Interesting because they infer that he died?

Interesting because they infer that he died?

Yep....homicide but no comments if they have found a body or how he died. Very sad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
?Unicorn/Fkboi?
Back