Height: 5' 4''
Weight: 125 LBS.

Incident Information
Date of Last Contact: 07/23/2018
Age Now: 19 YEARS
Other Reported Dates of Birth:
Investigating Agency:
YELLOWSTONE COUNTY SHERIFF,(406) 256-2929
If you have information about this individual, contact your local law enforcement agency or the Montana Missing Persons Clearinghouse, (406) 444-1526.

Missing Person Details - Montana Department of Justice

NAMUS:
Missing Person Case

BBM - Missing in Montana: Shacaiah Blue Harding

BILLINGS – The Yellowstone County Sheriff’s Office is asking for the public’s help in locating Shacaiah Blue Harding, who has been missing since the summer.

blue-harding.png

Shacaiah Blue Harding
According to Sheriff Mike Linder, Harding was last seen walking on Buena Vista Drive in Billings on July 23, 2018.

Linder said the woman was not reported missing until September 20.

A press release states that Harding was known to visit Tumbleweed, a center for homeless and runaway youth in Billings.

The release goes on to say the woman has connections in New Mexico, Fort Belknap (Montana), New Mexico, and Fort Riley (Kansas).

She is a 20-year-old woman, 5’4″ tall and 125 pounds. She has black hair and brown eyes.

Anyone with information on her whereabouts is asked to contact the Yellowstone County Sheriff’s Office at 406-256-2929.

Shacaiah Harding had been living on the streets of Billings, off and on, for most of the last spring and summer, when her family realized no one had seen or heard from her for nearly a month. The 19-year-old had been struggling with addiction and mental health, but those close to her said it was unusual for her to go more than a week without checking in.

Families, investigators struggle to track down missing Native women

MAR 2, 2019
Native women make up high number of missing person reports
large960_blur-c8534adf666159e1429da96ee0ed239d.jpg

In this undated photo, TB cries while holding a portrait of her missing daughter Shacaiah Harding, in Montana. Native American women go missing at a vastly disproportionate rate than the general population in Montana. [LARRY MAYER/ THE BILLINGS GAZETTE VIA AP]

[...]

“From her being in and out of our lives, it took us a while to say, ‘Hey, nobody’s heard from Shacaiah,’” her 25-year-old sister, SK, said recently. “We all got together and started looking for her. We made posters and posted them downtown and asked people. We got little tips from people, here and there. But it was never Shacaiah.”

On Aug. 20, 2018, Harding’s mother, TB, went downtown to the Yellowstone County Sheriff’s Office to file a missing person report. It would be one of the nearly 300 cases of missing Native American women and girls reported to law enforcement agencies in Montana last year.

[...]

Harding, also known by her middle name “Blue,” remains listed as last seen or heard from six months ago. TB smiles when she remembers her daughter’s propensity for spontaneous dancing — no matter where she was.

“She had her own style,” TB said, smiling through tears. “She dressed the way she wanted to dress. She didn’t care what people thought. She didn’t care if people saw her singing and dancing, you know. ‘That’s me. If they don’t like it, they don’t get me.’

Her family members acknowledge their relationships with Harding had become strained by her increasingly erratic behavior. But in the months since her disappearance, fears about Harding’s safety have gripped her family, TB said.

“I don’t feel like she’s gone, like dead. I don’t feel that kind of . ” she said, trailing off. ” ... At first I didn’t want to believe it, I didn’t want to know the outcome. I wasn’t ready to find out, was that the end? But now I’m ready. I just want to find my baby.

“I know someone out there knows something.”

[...]

Fritz disputes that the family has been “brushed off.” While he declined to provide any specifics on how the report was handled in the three months prior to his involvement in the case, Fritz said the sheriff’s office would have begun investigating the report immediately.

[...]

Because Harding is a tribal member, Fritz said he also contacted the FBI to check out other places she may have wound up. (The FBI declined to comment.) Every time he attempts to reach the family members of a missing person, Fritz added, he leaves a number where they can reach him.

[...]

For now, TB said she’ll keep sifting through the scant clues left behind in the wake of her daughter’s disappearance, while trying to stay hopeful as her family clings to the memories of Blue.

“It just seems unreal, just not even knowing. Some days you just wonder, is she hurt? Is she cold? . Is she hungry?” she said. “Every day.”

(Names changed to initials by me)

APR 5, 2019
Hundreds march through downtown Billings for missing, murdered people
[...]

SK’s sister, Shacaiah Harding, disappeared in Billings in July. Standing beside their mother at the end of the march, SK asked the crowd to pray for Harding’s return, and to say her name in unison.

“There’s a lot of stigma behind my sister right now. She was an addict, I will admit that. And I don’t know if that’s what’s causing her case to not be so known,” she said. “Either way, she’s missing. And a lot of times I feel like she’s forgotten. I feel like her name isn’t out there enough."

[...]

(Name changed to initials by me)

Shacaiah Blue Harding – The Charley Project
harding_shacaiah.jpg
harding_shacaiah8.jpg
harding_shacaiah7.jpg
harding_shacaiah5.jpg
harding_shacaiah6.jpg

Details of Disappearance
Harding was last seen walking on Buena Vista Drive in Billings, Montana at 4:00 p.m. on July 23, 2018. She had been living on the streets there off and on for most of the spring and summer, and behaved erratically, but did keep in touch with her family. Her mother reported her missing on August 20, after the family realized no one had seen or heard from Harding in almost a month.

Harding has ties to Fort Riley, Kansas and to New Mexico, as well as Fort Belknap and Billings, Montana. The circumstances of her disappearance are unclear, but her loved ones are concerned for her safety.

Feb 4, 2023

March 23, 2024

BILLINGS — Continuing to say the name "Shacaiah Blue Harding" is important for the missing woman's family, after the then 19-year-old disappeared from their world in July of 2018.

“All we want is someone to say her name and know that she’s out there and that we care and we’re trying everything we can to find her,” Michael Harding, Shacaiah's older brother, said recently.

Harding said his sister's missing persons report was taken in August of 2018. It wasn't until three years later that his sister's case took a heartbreaking turn when the family learned Shacaiah may be a victim of human trafficking.

The family went to Arizona last year to search for Shacaiah, believing she may have been involved in the Northern Cheyenne tribe members being targeted in an Arizona sober-living home scam, but they never found her.

While he couldn't speak about the investigation with MTN News, Harding has his theories on who is responsible for trafficking his sister and said it was a man whom Shacaiah was babysitting for who manipulated her into thinking she didn't have a community that cared about her.

Shacaiah's family said one of the last places she was seen was at the Tumbleweed Runaway Center, a non-profit that provides services to runaway, homeless and vulnerable youth.

Georgia Cady, the executive director of the program, sees the sad reality many runaways face in the Billings area.

“Probably 90% of our kids that come into our drop-in resource center have been trafficked, more survival sex, so for a place to stay, something to eat, a drug habit,” Cady said. “Within 48 hours of hitting the streets, you will be approached to be trafficked.”

Long article -- more at link.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back