GUILTY MT - Sherry Arnold, 43, Sidney, 7 Jan 2012 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think i located a ditch that runs parallel to the truck route. Taagean, looks like your idea might be the scenario. She may have been hit and her shoe flew off. Driver didnt see it because it was in the ditch. oh dear

If she was hit I think there would be blood on the shoe or at the scene. IMO

Also, was this her normal route? If so someone must have known it, the shoe could have been tossed there on purpose, it was at least 4 hours since her husband says he last saw her.

A town of only 5,000 people, this just doesn't sound like a stranger abduction, but could be a drive through perp.

I live in a town half that size and I don't know everybody. People move away, people move in. I see people I don't know all the time in our local supermarket. They may not be strangers, but I don't know them.
Could be a trucker passing through, or someone who lives in another part of the state who was out trolling for victims. Anything is possible.

Search resumes for missing Sidney teacher Sherry Arnold

[snip]

On Monday, a smaller search team will comb a larger area.

Authorities say time is of the essence in this investigation; Burnison noted, "We're going to keep going until we can get some answers here. We just want to find her you know. Our hope is she's okay."

More: http://www.krtv.com/news/search-resumes-for-missing-sidney-teacher-sherry-arnold/

Authorities take over search Monday morning

Law enforcement and fire and rescue workers from Richland and the surrounding counties took over the search operation Monday morning for missing Sidney teacher Sherry Arnold. Authorities met early to decide where to concentrate efforts for the day.

Sidney Assistant Police Chief Bob Burnison said officials would continue the search in northeast Sidney and expand to the entire county.

[snip]

Officials were conducting interviews, collecting any surveillance tapes and searching for any possible witnesses to help in the investigation. Police have no suspects or persons of interest at this point, Burnison said.

More: http://www.sidneyherald.com/articles/2012/01/09/news/breaking_news/doc4f0b2823134aa295005571.txt

"That shoe is the last thing we have found that is her possession," said Sidney Assistant Police Chief Bob Burnison said.

Within hours of her disappearance, friends, family and law enforcement became more concerned about the well-known teacher and coach.

"Everything's accounted for, her personal things, her vehicle is accounted for. We just feel that there's something drastic, either happened to her or something to that effect, why she wouldn't have made contact back," Burnison said.

As law enforcement searched for Arnold by ground and air and with K-9 units from several agencies, the community of Sidney moved into action combing the town.

Nearly 1,000 volunteers turned up at Sidney High School on Sunday to help find Arnold, and 500 people were then bussed out in groups all over the town to search.

On Monday, a smaller search team will comb a larger area. Authorities say time is of the essence in this investigation.
http://www.kpax.com/news/search-resumes-for-missing-sidney-teacher-sherry-arnold/

Assistant Police Chief Robert Burnison said the search for algebra teacher Sherry Arnold was focused Monday on areas north of town near the North Dakota border.

Mayor Bret Smelser says the outpouring of volunteers shows Sidney remains a tight-knit community despite the changes brought by a massive influx of oil field workers in recent years.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap...L5DTvA?docId=ff40cff62bcd48aa993525d16d79c814

and shoe found near a truck road...

Arnold left her home in Sidney for a run at about 6:30 a.m. Saturday. A witness reported seeing someone matching the missing woman’s description that morning near where the shoe was found, Burnison said.

School superintendent Daniel Farr said Arnold, who has three children, was a devoted algebra teacher who has taught in the Sidney system for 18 years. Her husband, Gary Arnold, works in the school district’s administrative offices as director of federal programs.

“She’s one of those teachers that every parent wants in front of their child,” said Farr. “She’s there early in the mornings and she’s there after school. She is just a generous and caring person.”

one more snip:

The boom in the nearby Bakken oil fields of eastern Montana and western North Dakota has swelled Sidney’s population from about 5,000 people several years ago to more than 6,000 today, officials said.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...n-shoe-found/2012/01/09/gIQAIBMKlP_story.html

Law enforcement and fire and rescue workers from Richland and the surrounding counties took over the search operation Monday morning for missing Sidney teacher Sherry Arnold. Authorities met early to decide where to concentrate efforts for the day.

Sidney Assistant Police Chief Bob Burnison said officials would continue the search in northeast Sidney and expand to the entire county.

[snip]

Officials were conducting interviews, collecting any surveillance tapes and searching for any possible witnesses to help in the investigation. Police have no suspects or persons of interest at this point, Burnison said.

More: http://www.sidneyherald.com/articles/2012/01/09/news/breaking_news/doc4f0b2823134aa295005571.txt

Okay, so there IS a possible witness to her being out there, jogging? So she did make it out of her house? That is just as scary as the alternative, unfortunately.

I realize this is a bit off the wall, but I wonder if she could have been hit by one of the trucks and instead of calling ambulance etc. he/they just pulled her in the vehicle and took off.
They wouldn't want to waste time doing all the reports and interviews especially if the driver was to blame.

BBM. It's happened before. Sometimes accidentally sometimes not. IIRC, something very similar happened recently.

First I've heard about this, but I see there's already a thread :) From my Comcast/Xfinity homepage moments ago:

Mont. teacher disappears while running; shoe found
By MATTHEW BROWN, AP
19 minutes ago

BILLINGS, Mont. — Authorities expanded their search Monday for a high school teacher who's missing from an oil boom town in northeast Montana, after recovering only a single running shoe since she failed to return from a weekend run.

The search for algebra teacher Sherry Arnold, 43, focused on a 10-square-mile area north of the town of Sidney near the North Dakota border. That's in the general vicinity of the roadside ditch where Arnold's shoe was discovered Saturday along one of her running routes...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20120109/US.Missing.Montana.Teacher/

The shoe certainly makes it sound as if she may have been grabbed by someone, and I cringe at hearing it was found in an area known as the "truck route"...that just gives me a terrible feeling. Hope I'm wrong and they can find her soon and safe!

You posted exactly what I was feeling/thinking. I pray for her and her family!

What is the "truck route" like? The article says that this is her regular route to jog.
Do others jog there?
Does it have a great deal of truck activity there?
Was it still dark in Sidney, Montana at 6:30 a.m.?

[snip]

This article says she was last seen when she left home at 6:30 a.m. I hope other witnesses step forward and/or surveillance tapes around town gives us more clues!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500