GUILTY MT - Sherry Arnold, 43, Sidney, 7 Jan 2012 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Court records show Spell was arrested in Colorado in May 2007 on state charges of drug possession, contributing to the delinquency of a minor and sexual contact without consent, but the charges were dropped five months later. The records do not state the reason.
Spell also faced charges of careless driving and driving without a license in 2007, but that case also was dropped.

http://www.ksro.com/news/article.aspx?id=1512134

Where would they get the meat, you'd have to have a lot of cows to be going door to door like that....

I am not sure...but I imagine they get it from a wholesaler. We do have farms about 40 minutes away (highway time).

I probably didn't know about these since I refuse to answer the door to people. :D

I'm the same way. I have never run across a traveling meat salesman. Do people pay them in cash? Please tell me no one gives out their credit card information to these types of salespeople.

Special treatment? No mug shot of Spell's and charges dropped above.

There is a man who sells meat out of a truck in my parents' neighborhood. He works for some type of company, it's not "fresh" meat. It's been processed and packaged.

Oh my gosh!
I just had a visual of selling raw, bloody meat from the vans...I didn't realize that was what some of you were thinking!
No wonder there was such a ewww factor going on!
Yes, the meat has been processed and packaged in the vans that come here.
:gasp:

Special treatment? No mug shot of Spell's and charges dropped above.

I'm wondering that as well. I wish we had his DOB, but he might have been only 17 in 2007. I don't know if that would matter though.

So, from the article above, on 2 different occasions, charges against Spell were dropped. Makes one go hmmm... What went on here. I can see charges being reduced, but dropped?

http://www.ksro.com/news/article.aspx?id=1512134

Court records show Spell was arrested in Colorado in May 2007 on state charges of drug possession, contributing to the delinquency of a minor and sexual contact without consent, but the charges were dropped five months later. The records do not state the reason.

Spell also faced charges of careless driving and driving without a license in 2007, but that case also was dropped.

I agree it sounds like they are not 100% sure she is dead...
Although it is out there, it's happened before...

What if the story was that they intended to ask for ransom or something... but then the media was more than they expected and they panicked?

What if she was allegedly buried... but allegedly with some sort of ventilation...

So logic would say that between the time and the cold she would be dead... but most humans would hold onto that 1% chance with us.

I'd HOPE that if there was ANY chance she was alive, they would have that guy in a car NOW, retracing that route to find where they put her.

Additional details released in Sherry Arnold case

Chief DiFonzo says authorities received tips that led them to the two men. But he does not know if Waters or Spell were passing through the town of Sidney or working in the nearby oil fields of North Dakota when the crime occurred.

Authorities have a truck in their custody at this time and the FBI released a letter Sunday night in regards to Arnold.

"We believe she was kidnapped and taken from Sidney. We don't know whether she was immediately transported into North Dakota, it's a matter of what can be determined once we locate Sherry. We would like to hold out hope that she might still be alive, but it appears that may not be the case. It's been quite a while."

http://www.kpax.com/news/additional-details-released-in-sherry-arnold-case/

Although it's been several years I have also had meat salesmen come to my door. The meat is vacuum sealed. One guy had small truck with a company name on the side and a deep freeze in the bed so it looked legit. He also had a business card IIRC.

Another had the meat in a styrofoam cooler with dry ice and drove a truck with no company name or anything. Of course I didn't buy meat from either one of them.

If Waters was selling meat like the second guy you described..we could find his van trail by following the flies!
:bee: (Sorry Nursie..this was the closest thing to a fly that I could find!)

I apologize for not having read all of the info., but has the media, or LE said what her jogging route was?

I'm not blaming the victim, since I am one (many times over); however, there has to be some warning put out to women that they cannot jog in isolated areas; that is, where someone(s) can isolate and overpower them. I would include times of day when little traffic, or other people are around. So many cases I've researched are brought to mind.

Was she known to have carried a cell phone, pepper spray, etc. when she went jogging?

I apologize for not having read all of the info., but has the media, or LE said what her jogging route was?

I'm not blaming the victim, since I am one (many times over); however, there has to be some warning put out to women that they cannot jog in isolated areas; that is, where someone(s) can isolate and overpower them. I would include times of day when little traffic, or other people are around. So many cases I've researched are brought to mind.

Was she known to have carried a cell phone, pepper spray, etc. when she went jogging?

We haven't been told if she normally carried a cell phone or pepper spray, but on the day she was kidnapped she was not carrying anything except a mini iPod, according to the FBI description.

The "truck route" she is believed to have been running along that morning (and along which her shoe was later recovered), has been described in the media by the Sidney mayor as being a 2 lane farm to market road with mostly local traffic and some tractor-trailers.

Maybe the perps or one perp told LE she was injured, not dead, and they left her in a field or treeline area somewhere. If true, she would probably be dead by now. But, actually, nevermind....LE told ranchers to look for a shallow grave, right?

Was this answered?

I don't think any thing official has been reported...only something from a comment to an article so I don't think I am allowed to print here.
If you look back a page, and refer to a comment made, that might help you. Sorry...it is hard for me to go back and forth because my computer keeps getting bouts of paralysis. I am working on it, but have not found the RX yet.

It doesn't make sense. My feeling is when LE told them she was deceased they probably assumed as most of us did that her body was found only to find out a few hours later that they had no body.

It's unfortunate how this was handled.... :(

Poor family..my heart goes out to them for the news of their loved one, then the indecision of finding the body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA