MT MT - Wyatt Little Light, 1 month, Billings, 23 Dec 2008

So strange, the three just gone. Wish there was more information on this one.

So strange, the three just gone. Wish there was more information on this one.
----------------------------------------

Yes, why would a family be miles away from town on a nearly deserted road in late Dec.? Pick up was in good running condition, no reason seen why they would leave the pickup, esp. with a 3 month old baby.

They were close to their families. So, something happened.

Human remains found near Fort Smith

The Bureau of Indian Affairs reports that two bodies have been found in the Fort Smith area on the Crow Indian Reservation.

They were found about three miles from where a missing Crow Agency's family's truck was found in January.
Family members say the FBI told them the bodies discovered are those of an adult and an infant.

http://www.kpax.com/Global/story.asp?S=10340882
UPDATE 2:50 p.m. :
Investigators have found the remains of two adults and located clothing belonging to adults and a baby.

The Bureau of Indian Affairs, FBI and Big Horn County Sheriff’s Office continue to search the area where the remains and clothing were found.

http://www.billingsgazette.net/articles/2009/05/11/news/state/17-remains.txt

This is very sad. I had hoped that they hadn't succumbed to exposure. Prayers for their families.

So did they find one adult body or two?

"Family members say the FBI told them the bodies discovered are those of an adult and an infant."

"Investigators have found the remains of two adults and located clothing belonging to adults and a baby"

So did they find one adult body or two?

"Family members say the FBI told them the bodies discovered are those of an adult and an infant."

"Investigators have found the remains of two adults and located clothing belonging to adults and a baby"
=====================================
You just have a bad feeling, don't you? Two adults and baby found close to where their truck was found.

I had hoped they would be found safe and sound.

Why would they have left the safety of the truck?

So sad.

I was thinking that...

if it were one adult and one child then the dad may have killed mom and baby and fled.
if it were two adults and no baby then maybe someone killed them and stole the newborn.
if it were two adults and the baby then they are all in peace together.

I hope the authorities are able to tell if foul play was involved, or if they died of exposure.

So sad, either way.

:cry:

Excellent article on info known as of now:

http://www.missoulian.com/articles/2009/05/12/bnews/br77.txt

Some snips but I suggest reading for those interested.

...The remains were taken to Big Horn County Coroner Terry Bullis’s mortuary in Hardin, where it is possible that identification could be made with dental records. No information about cause or manner of death was released Monday. Autopsies are scheduled today...

...On Jan. 5, searchers found the family’s pickup truck six miles up Grapevine Road between Fort Smith and Highway 91, which runs north to St. Xavier...

...April Toineeta said the pickup was backed up 30 feet off the road across the creek from some branding corrals on a bitterly cold, snowy night...

...Teddy Little Light would have been familiar with the area because he hunted there with his uncles, April Toineeta said. He also would have known that by the corrals there was a small cabin with wood and food just across Grapevine Creek, a two-jump stream...

...The remains were found approximately two miles north of the truck. They were scattered over a large area in the rugged terrain. It is likely that animals got to the remains. Remains of the infant were not immediately located, although it is possible that some remains could be identified as those collected Monday are examined during the autopsies, officials said...

...As late as last week there was snow covering the area where the remains were located...

The two bodies found near Fort Smith were positively identified as Teddy and Juliet Little Light, a crow agency couple missing since December.
The Big horn county coroner made the announcement late Tuesday afternoon after meeting with relatives of the Little Lights in Hardin. The cause of death is being listed as undetermined but consistent with exposure.
A search for the missing three month old son will continue.

http://www.kulr8.com/news/local/44720317.html

The two bodies found near Fort Smith were positively identified as Teddy and Juliet Little Light, a crow agency couple missing since December.
The Big horn county coroner made the announcement late Tuesday afternoon after meeting with relatives of the Little Lights in Hardin. The cause of death is being listed as undetermined but consistent with exposure.
A search for the missing three month old son will continue.

http://www.kulr8.com/news/local/44720317.html
-----------------------------------------------------------------

So sad. We probably will never know what made them leave the safety and relative warmth of the truck.
I hope they find some trace of the 3 month old baby, so all can be buried and their family and friends have some measure of peace.

RIP: Little Light Family: Teddy, Juliet and baby son, Wyatt.

I hope that they are able to find Wyatt soon. Since the cause of death looks like it's related to exposure, he must be around there somewhere. If there was another cause of death, then it may be likely that someone took him. But he has to be close. Praying that they find him soon.

I work in public health and with many young families in Billings. Last night I spoke to another professional who works with relatives of this family. They told her that this whole thing was drug/meth related and the family was trying to flee from someone out of fear but was caught and while the dad was running to a cabin that was close to the truck, he was shot in the back. The wife was tortured before being killed and nobody knows what happened to the baby. Not sure if any of this will come out. Very sad.:(

Little Lights Funeral

Hundreds are expected to gather in crow agency Saturday to remember a family that went missing in December.

The bodies of Teddy and Juliet Little Light were found near Fort Smith on Monday, and now a memorial service will be held in their honor.

Officials say the cause of death is undetermined but consistent with exposure. The Little Light's 3-month-old son, Wyatt, remains missing and the investigation is ongoing.

A memorial service for the couple will be held at the Crow Agency Multi Purpose Room at 11:00 a.m., and is open to the public.

http://www.kulr8.com/news/local/45178247.html

http://www.missoulian.com/articles/2009/05/17/bnews/br39.txt

Posted on May 17

Little Lights laid to rest at ceremony in Crow Agency; whereabouts of baby still unknown

CROW AGENCY - Teddy Little Light and Juliet Toinetta-Little Light lost their lives on a bitterly cold night in late December.

On Saturday, the husband and wife were laid to rest on a green hillside in the Lodge Grass Cemetery, the warmth of the sun wrapping its arms around the mourners who came to say goodbye...

...Searchers also located adult and baby clothing at the scene, but no trace of Wyatt was found...

...Then the casket was lowered into the ground and men took turns with shovels, filling the grave, as women sitting nearby wept inconsolably.

After flowers were placed on top of the dirt mound, men knelt next to the grave and cried. A bird, possibly a hawk, soared overhead, as Old Bull spoke a few last words.

And then the bird flew away.

'And then the bird flew away.'
That made me cry. Their situation was incredibly sad anyway.
How appropriate.
I know the Light famly is Native American, but
there is an old gospel song, 'Ill Fly Away.

Bumping for baby Wyatt. I wonder if they have searched the area any further? Or if they are still getting any other tips and/or following other leads? Unfortunately we may never know what happened to this poor little guy. But hoping they can find him, either way.

Bumping for baby Wyatt. I wonder if they have searched the area any further? Or if they are still getting any other tips and/or following other leads? Unfortunately we may never know what happened to this poor little guy. But hoping they can find him, either way.

I think about this family a lot.
I wonder if Wyatt's remains have been scattered.?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back