MTR Discussions

Thanks for the excellent answer AG. I absolutely didn't expect a response from JR but was still willing to risk asking for the sake of Victoria Stafford. The question was put to him in such away that he would understand my intention wasn't political mud-slinging and that I had a sincere desire to understand the crime and give him a very general kind of heads-up/alert.

I would not be a politician for the world; it's not a position I envy but the father figure or lack thereof in MTR's life does interest me enough to have asked.

Good for you Guelphite! I had thought of sending an email and asking JR but didn't do it. Has he answered you yet? Makes me wonder even more if it's true just because he hasn't responded. I do think it would be very sad for his family though.

Yes, as I had posted, I think the media got confused between MTR's car in the Esso video and the blue witness car sought by LE going north on Fyfe right around the time of the abduction.

MOO

http://www.nationalpost.com/related/links/story.html?id=1562561

68e3a9704892b886bc971c5f317c.jpeg
This is not MR car that you see here in this video.

This is not MR car that you see here in this video.

Just to let you know I wrote to the LFP about the blue car from their May 27th article. Haven't heard back yet and it's been about two weeks.

I can't remember what made me think of this but I remember someone posting about looking up MTR's phone account and discovering that he had two listings under the same name under someone's account. I can't find these posts right now. Anyone else remember this? Is it possible that he may have had two phones?

I can't remember what made me think of this but I remember someone posting about looking up MTR's phone account and discovering that he had two listings under the same name under someone's account. I can't find these posts right now. Anyone else remember this? Is it possible that he may have had two phones?
Yes I remember something about that, It was posted a long time ago.

I think a lot of the posts we cannot find now, are locked in the Tori site that we do not have access to right now, Matou.

Good for you Guelphite! I had thought of sending an email and asking JR but didn't do it. Has he answered you yet? Makes me wonder even more if it's true just because he hasn't responded. I do think it would be very sad for his family though.

Thank you maxfactor, I did not get an answer and doubt that I will but if I do I'll let you know.

I won't be pursuing it by directly asking him again but I will make subtle, general inquiries of LE and the media if I get the opportunity.

It would be terrible to connect JR to MTR if he's not the father. On the other hand, I haven't entirely ruled it out--yet.

Notes from CPAC Interview with John Rafferty (1st 25 minutes)

-Born in Wingham, Ontario, 1950's (Note: Wingham is very, very close to Mt. Forest, it is 1 hour west, FWIW)

-His Father was a Radio Sportscaster

-Moved to Kitchener/Waterloo as his father moved over to TV, and became a CBC Sportscaster

-His Dad died when he was 9

-1st degree was in Theatre. Went to Thunder Bay to do Theatre.

-His Mom was a Nurse who raised his brother who was 12, and two others (6, 2)

-In 1980 he went to teach in Nigeria, upon completion of going back to school

-Stayed for 2 years in Nigeria, met his wife there (not Nigerian)

-Decided to go to NWT after Nigeria

-Lived for 3 years in Yellowknife

-Lived for 2 years in Rankin Inlet where he was a high school principal

-They had no children

-Their youngest son was born in Zimbabwe

-His wife said enough travelling, moved back to London so she could complete Masters in Library Information Sciences, Rafferty stayed home with 3 children, 1 year in London, 1 year in Thunder Bay. His wife had her 1st job offer in Thunder Bay, so they moved there.

-Rafferty went back to school to take Radio/TV Broadcasting in Thunder Bay

-Entered politics in 2000

http://www.cpac.ca/forms/index.asp?dsp=template&act=view3&pagetype=vod&lang=e&clipID=2394

Notes from CPAC Interview with John Rafferty (1st 25 minutes)

-Born in Wingham, Ontario, 1950's (Note: Wingham is very, very close to Mt. Forest, it is 1 hour west, FWIW)

-His Father was a Radio Sportscaster

-Moved to Kitchener/Waterloo as his father moved over to TV, and became a CBC Sportscaster

-His Dad died when he was 9

-1st degree was in Theatre. Went to Thunder Bay to do Theatre.

-His Mom was a Nurse who raised his brother who was 12, and two others (6, 2)

-In 1980 he went to teach in Nigeria, upon completion of going back to school

-Stayed for 2 years in Nigeria, met his wife there (not Nigerian)

-Decided to go to NWT after Nigeria

-Lived for 3 years in Yellowknife

-Lived for 2 years in Rankin Inlet where he was a high school principal

-They had no children

-Their youngest son was born in Zimbabwe

-His wife said enough travelling, moved back to London so she could complete Masters in Library Information Sciences, Rafferty stayed home with 3 children, 1 year in London, 1 year in Thunder Bay. His wife had her 1st job offer in Thunder Bay, so they moved there.

-Rafferty went back to school to take Radio/TV Broadcasting in Thunder Bay

-Entered politics in 2000

http://www.cpac.ca/forms/index.asp?dsp=template&act=view3&pagetype=vod&lang=e&clipID=2394

I STILL make the mistake of thinking that Yellowknife is in the Yukon but it's in NWT. Didn't MR state somewhere that he lived in the Yukon?

I STILL make the mistake of thinking that Yellowknife is in the Yukon but it's in NWT. Didn't MR state somewhere that he lived in the Yukon?

On MTR's msn page he stated
““"yukon to start thn everywhere between kitchener toronto,drayton,waterloo..richmondhill, ,newmarket,,, everywhere"

Does anyone have a link to the video that shows two vehicles, the witness van LE was looking for and then another vehicle?

Yes, Nonfictionrocks, this will be horrible if this is his father. Iam hoping it is not.
I have no intentions of hurting anyone on here with my sleuthing, even though I sometimes have thrown out a harsh comment once in a while, at the players I feel very strongly about. I do not believe M.R. mother nor C.M knew anything about what their children did until they were arrested .I do thank the good Lord I wasn't one of them, I would not have survived, I swear.
Therefore I have a little bit of compassion for those mothers, and I try not to bash either one of them. The lifestyle of CM did nothing to enhance TLM and her growing up, thats for sure, but TLM I am sure did know right from wrong, as most people do with a conscience.
CM is very ill and I am sure she is reviewing her wild life as her days are numbered because of her illness.I would not think she is enjoying her reflexions too much now.
As for the politician, I am not going to persue that, I would not want to think I hurt those lovely children of his in any way, they look like they will be successful people when they reach adulthood. I will forget my thoughts and nosiness about the legal fees,and wait to see if they do indeed find out in the future who M.R.'s father is.So Be It!!for me.

Thanks BH, sorry for taking so long to respond, I took a break in order to get everyone in my house up and running for the school year.

I know I said I would not pursue MR's bio Dad any further but I came across this article and felt that I would not be a good WS member if I did not share with those here that may be interested in this angle.

http://woodstocksentinelreview.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=1582425

The article is 3 months old and although I don't recall it myself, I do not believe the TM - TLM connection via dog breeding storyline for a second, I may have skipped it entirely but what I did find interesting was the last comment at the bottom of the page made by annieoakley who wrote:

I heard that Tara McDonalds aunt still lives in Brantford, Ont which is Wellington county.
In genealogy records I found that Catherine McDonald daughter of Arthur McDonald and Mary Barnes were from Wellington county and that Catherine McDonald Married James Rafferty. James had one brother with no descendants.
The family of Arthur and Mary McDonald were Teresa, Eugene, Margaret, Catherine, James, Elizabeth, Winnifred, Alexander, Thomas, Joseph,Ann, Gertrude and John who died in 1953 in Wellington county.
"Michael Rafferty" charged in connection with Tori Stafford whose Mother is Tara McDonald was from Guelph Ont which is in Wellington county.
I am wondering if this is a coincidence or what.
If in fact Michael Rafferty is in some way related to Tara McDonald he should crawl on his hands and knees to tell Tara McDonald and Rodney Stafford where Tori is.

I thought that some here have an interest in TM's family tree (forest??) and might be able to see how this fits in with what they already have - it is waaay too mind boggling for me to figure out. Good Luck!

Haha! Good one NFR! My personal opinion is that TLM is related by blood to the McD's somehow. If it turned out that MTR was related too ... :eek: :eek:

Mind you anyone that does genealogy knows that often second cousins don't know of each other.

Does anyone have a link to the video that shows two vehicles, the witness van LE was looking for and then another vehicle?

I think the witness van is the one that is seen passing by during the few seconds of footage from the CASS CCTV, and the other vehicle that's been mentioned is one that passed by about five minutes later. No footage that I know of. I don't know if the later one has been identified, but the one in the frames with Tori and POI has been. A poster here said it was his/ her neighbour, AFAIR.

Does anyone know off hand the wheelbase of a 2003 Honda Civic 4 door?

Thanks BH, sorry for taking so long to respond, I took a break in order to get everyone in my house up and running for the school year.

I know I said I would not pursue MR's bio Dad any further but I came across this article and felt that I would not be a good WS member if I did not share with those here that may be interested in this angle.

The article is 3 months old and although I don't recall it myself, I do not believe the TM - TLM connection via dog breeding storyline for a second, I may have skipped it entirely but what I did find interesting was the last comment at the bottom of the page made by annieoakley who wrote:

I heard that Tara McDonalds aunt still lives in Brantford, Ont which is Wellington county.In genealogy records I found that Catherine McDonald daughter of Arthur McDonald and Mary Barnes were from Wellington county and that Catherine McDonald Married James Rafferty. James had one brother with no descendants.
The family of Arthur and Mary McDonald were Teresa, Eugene, Margaret, Catherine, James, Elizabeth, Winnifred, Alexander, Thomas, Joseph,Ann, Gertrude and John who died in 1953 in Wellington county.
"Michael Rafferty" charged in connection with Tori Stafford whose Mother is Tara McDonald was from Guelph Ont which is in Wellington county.
If in fact Michael Rafferty is in some way related to Tara McDonald he should crawl on his hands and knees to tell Tara McDonald and Rodney Stafford where Tori is.

I thought that some here have an interest in TM's family tree (forest??) and might be able to see how this fits in with what they already have - it is waaay too mind boggling for me to figure out. Good Luck!

Just to clarify the underlined by me, Brantford is in Brant County, not Wellington County.

I heard that Tara McDonalds aunt still lives in Brantford, Ont which is Wellington county.
In genealogy records I found that Catherine McDonald daughter of Arthur McDonald and Mary Barnes were from Wellington county and that Catherine McDonald Married James Rafferty. James had one brother with no descendants.

OMG!!!I dont believe it. I found that article a long time ago written by a gentleman on a comment section of one of the newspapers. I mislocated it and here you have it, This is wonderful. I have looked for that everyday for almost 3 months now.
So nonficionrocks, I do thank you for sharing it on here.I was going to mention it, but I thought people would think me entirely insane thinking such a thing, so I refrained from doing so because I could not find my backup link.
It is very difficult not sleuthing M.R'.s father, but if I come across something I will share it on WS.
I do not believe a thing that comes from TM's mouth,never did and never will.That dog story was just too much for me to swallow. jmoo

TM does have relatives in Brantford, She recently moved there from Woodstock.
The list of names in that family is truly amazing!!

Haha! Good one NFR! My personal opinion is that TLM is related by blood to the McD's somehow. If it turned out that MTR was related too ... :eek: :eek:

Mind you anyone that does genealogy knows that often second cousins don't know of each other.
what amazing thoughts you have, jh~~~(quickly gets the straight jackets ready!!!!) hahaha!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven
Back