Music Connections to Pictures found on casey's computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, just saw Jbeans correction to the thread and the clarification. Thanks Jbean. Though I find the video very sad and poignant it should not be considered as relevant to Casey and her behavior.

Nobody is saying the VIDEO was on her computer.

The origianl poster is just saying KC had that picture and brought the video to the attetnion of us and also the lyrics..

And therein lies the confusion from the poster's original title.

The linked video is not known to have been on KC's computer.

The poster is simply stating that it is a song from a band whose icon was on KC's computer. The band also has many other lighter videos.

Thank you for changing the thread title JBean.

As I said before, I like Modest Mouse, but hadnt seen the vid for this song till today. I watched it and cried, I cant take stuff like that.
I did make a connection to a point... the video depicts a mother driving around with her (dead?) son in her car and taking him somewhere to do something special. That to me was a little freaky in similiarity.

It was my first time watching the video to the song. It upset me as a mom to a 4yo as well. I really wonder what the band and video producer were thinking of when they decided to apply that storyline to their lyrics. I imagine it was a case they had read or knew about. i just can't see something like that being anything anyone wants to see repeatedly when they set their channels to vh1 or Mtv while cleaning the house. In fact the video ruined the song for me. It's too sad to think of, but unfortunately not hard to imagine from happening.

I really think America needs to focus harder on parenting lessons somehow, somewhere. I think a lot of what happens to some innocent kids comes at the hands of some first-time parents who have no basis for reference as to what a good parent is because of their own victimization or lack of knowledge to helpful resources. It's tragic, and becoming epidemic.

She had so many interesting/related images on her photobucket account! One of them was of a fairy...with a little poem that was almost like a "tombstone". Also one of her "La Bella Vita" tattoo! Has someone saved any of those??? If so, can they be linked here???

I never saw them I wish someone had those Graphics sometimes have watermarks to the owners and you can't visible see them!

...I feel the same way...that in this case a 'video' is just not a 'video.'

snipped.

in this case especially, i do think the video is 'just a video'. she didn't even have it on her computer, just one little logo that someone else conducted their own research on.

we don't even know that casey ever heard this song, saw the video, or even heard of either's existence. i like a lot of music, and i'm sure there are some bands have songs i never heard, and definitely videos i never saw.

not standing up for casey by any means, and i do appreciate the effort of someone trying to find clues wherever possible, but this is really, really pushing it. jmo.

also, thanks to summermood for introducing me to this; i like the song, but never saw the video and i am glad i did.

Take Myspace when you have Music or a video you don't have to download to your computer the only thing your pics have to be in photo bucket or on your hard drive to put them on myspace! Granted you will not download or save something you don't like!
Was odd that she deleted a lot of things from her computer even the ones of caylees.

This is totally grasping at straws. There is no proof she's ever even heard this song, seen this video. Modest Mouse is one of my favorite bands and I can tell you they have an EXTENSIVE catalog of songs/albums.

And anyhow, whether she liked this song/video or not I don't think it has any bearing on the matter at hand.

True, but I'm guessing that you and your friends don't have a missing child either.

After hearing the JG interview where he talks about Casey being a chameleon and adapting to fit whomever she was hanging out with, anything is possible with that girl.

No, in fact I don't have any children at all. Should we all start looking up radiohead lyrics/videos that suit the song, too? how about "exit music for a film". Sure, we can make that one fit. Or Maybe Street Spirit. We could fit that one, too.

Or as long as we're doing Modest Mouse, how about Satin in a Coffin? Or Bukowski? Those seem as relevant as Little Motel.

My point is, the video wasn't on her computer. Just a band logo. We could do this all day long with bands she listened to. I just don't understand what this is suggesting/proving that we don't already know. Don't we already know that Casey might have killed her child?

As far as the "little girl" image goes, I know lots of people with things like that on their computer. I think the media is blowing things like that out of proportion. I shudder to think what they'd find at my house, being an artist. I'm one of those artists that doesn't paint stuff that matches your couch.

It doesnt, but it is creepy, disturbing, and eerie watching that video of a mother driving around with her dead child in the car. If nothing else, its a disgusting and sad irony.

No, in fact I don't have any children at all. Should we all start looking up radiohead lyrics/videos that suit the song, too? how about "exit music for a film". Sure, we can make that one fit. Or Maybe Street Spirit. We could fit that one, too.

Or as long as we're doing Modest Mouse, how about Satin in a Coffin? Or Bukowski? Those seem as relevant as Little Motel.

My point is, the video wasn't on her computer. Just a band logo. We could do this all day long with bands she listened to. I just don't understand what this is suggesting/proving that we don't already know. Don't we already know that Casey might have killed her child?

As far as the "little girl" image goes, I know lots of people with things like that on their computer. I think the media is blowing things like that out of proportion. I shudder to think what they'd find at my house, being an artist. I'm one of those artists that doesn't paint stuff that matches your couch.

You said it perfectly.

I would have to agree with AG on this one. Casey was into band art and may not have ever listened to that band or the song.

We can find things which are probably disturbing in many ways to a lot of us on any 20-something's computer or myspace. I am sure when I was in my early 20s, my mom would have freaked out listening to the music I liked which by today's standards are very tame.

What is truly scary today, at least to me, is Death Metal. Now that would bother me if Casey had it all over her computer and on her Ipod!

I'd probably scare you, then:) I've got death metal and worse on my computer. But I still look like the girl next door. Has no bearing at all on who I am as a person. It's just music. I make my own decisions, and know right from wrong. And I look like Little Mary Sunshine at a metal show in heels and pearls:)

Really? Wow! We were digging into it on another case and OMG! Normal people listen to that?! What I heard was about killing people and eating their flesh type stuff. Scared the bejezzus outta me! :eek:

I see what you're saying, but think of it this way- we don't feel that way about people who write/watch horror movies...

I personally can't watch horror movies at all! Haha. Weird, huh?

It doesnt, but it is creepy, disturbing, and eerie watching that video of a mother driving around with her dead child in the car. If nothing else, its a disgusting and sad irony.

we don't know the child is dead. the child was sickly and in the hospital, the mother may have taken him out of the hospital to be with her and not hooked up to uncomfortable machines when he would perhaps die. maybe the hospital was killing him and his mother knew it, she was saving him. maybe his father, aunt, neighbour was trying to poison him and the mother was rescuing him. maybe she's not his mother.

maybe anything at all.

point is, it has no relevance to casey at this time. we could pick apart anything and make it fit if we wanted, but it just confuses things and spreads misinformation when it's the last thing this case needs.

I am sure you and I get along just fine babycat :)

I have everything from ska, punk, death metal, moody (NOT EMO) to gangster rap, LOL

She had so many interesting/related images on her photobucket account! One of them was of a fairy...with a little poem that was almost like a "tombstone". Also one of her "La Bella Vita" tattoo! Has someone saved any of those??? If so, can they be linked here???
I find this one more disturbing, relating to Casey, than the teddy bear or Modest Mouse graphic on her computer.
http://.com/gale/Caylee97.jpg

The hanging teddy bear pic, IMO, is for shock factor. To try to make people understand that the death penalty is wrong.

I didn't find the video disturbing. I found it very sad.

It was my first time watching the video to the song. It upset me as a mom to a 4yo as well. I really wonder what the band and video producer were thinking of when they decided to apply that storyline to their lyrics. I imagine it was a case they had read or knew about. i just can't see something like that being anything anyone wants to see repeatedly when they set their channels to vh1 or Mtv while cleaning the house. In fact the video ruined the song for me. It's too sad to think of, but unfortunately not hard to imagine from happening.

I really think America needs to focus harder on parenting lessons somehow, somewhere. I think a lot of what happens to some innocent kids comes at the hands of some first-time parents who have no basis for reference as to what a good parent is because of their own victimization or lack of knowledge to helpful resources. It's tragic, and becoming epidemic.

I see what you mean, but I like videos like this because they take me to a time when art, music, videos, etc were not just to be "pretty" but were to evoke emotions...I mean, people watch movies that make them cry, too.

To me, if you can make someone FEEL empathy, sympathy, heartache, hope, etc in the span of three minutes then you are REALLY an effective artist:) (as opposed to just showing pretty pictures, or scantily clad girls, to a zoned out zombie tv viewer)

So I love videos like this, with meaning behind them.

No disrespect to you:) Just my take on those sad videos...

now THIS I totally agree with!

I am sure you and I get along just fine babycat :)

I have everything from ska, punk, death metal, moody (NOT EMO) to gangster rap, LOL

hahaha. I know...everything from Gwar to Loretta Lynn. I've got the weirdest musical repertoire...

good to know I'm not alone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member