My theory about Rodney Alcala.

faerieskye

On Time Out
Reaction score
This forum doesn't get much traffic anymore, so this will surely not be much seen if I post it in one of the threads of one of the unidentified people. So, I decided to my better judgment to make a thread.

According to LE and the media, there were 1,700 photos found in Rodney Alcala's storage unit. Of these 1,700 photos, 202 were released to the public while the others were kept away from the public's view because it was so-called "too graphic". In 2010, only a few of major media outlets reported on his photographs. In 2011, he was linked to 4 more murders, 4 of which have went nowhere and Alcala's potential link to those murders did not get updates with the exception of 2 (Cherry Greenman and I believe another woman). In 2016, there was a real link to another victim identified in his photographs, one victim that was callously skipped over because someone mistakenly called themselves to identify themselves as the person in that photograph. Over the years, there have been people who called in to say that they were the person in the photo, but the media did not bother to update this information to the public other than vague context clues. There have also been people who have been identified as missing persons by family members, but who these people were haven't been released. LE has stated that in these unreleased photographs of women/children that many of them were engaged in sexual activities with him, or appeared unconscious or dead. One of the photos released to the public, which was now revoked in a strange error that should have been seen before it was approved to be released, featured a woman who appeared to be at the least grievously injured in a contorted, unnatural-looking position. There have been little updates to Alcala's case since then.

Here is why I think this is :

1) The "too graphic" excuse is nothing but an excuse. I have seen photographs of other infamous, prolific or even lesser known serial killers in which the victims were women, decapitated, or splayed out on the floor. Some were even viciously mutilated, and their bodies chopped up or mauled beyond gruesome recognition. Other serial killers who photographed women have had their photos released of these ladies looking unconscious/dead or in sexual positions; but yet I'm supposed to believe LE finds Rodney Alcala's photos "too graphic" to be released, like all of a sudden they draw the line there? Riiight.

2) I think LE dropped the ball on this one and carried a drastic miscarriage of justice, like they have before on Alcala multiple times. When they let him go for the rape of Tali Shapiro after 2 years, when they refused to charge him with the crime of murdering Jill Parenteau despite DNA evidence of his blood being on her window & his own self-admission of killing her until they found sperm inside of her, when they refused to release his photographs until 3 decades later, when they kept giving him chance after chance with appeals and retrials, when they let him off on bond for raping and beating a 15 year old, and many other countless examples of insanity you really wonder how he has so many wings to keep on going and even after all of this he is getting off scot free once again by LE's stupid and frankly suspicious behavior.

Personally, I think that they just don't wanna do anything and know he has victims in there but they don't feel like releasing it so they won't "waste" (in their eyes, maybe because the cases are so old and irrelevant to them now) resources pursuing crimes connected to Alcala. They're barely doing any work themselves, after all. Just letting the photos collect dust on some lazy cop's shelf who doesn't bother doing anything. I mean, people on websleuth have put more collective effort in their pinky finger than LE has done after releasing this case. The only thing LE did right was with Christine Ruth Thornton, and that's after her sister aggressively pushed for her killer to be found.

What makes it more sickening and disgusting is that the media and LE will play up into other known, more famous killers and go over their story over and over again for the sake of sensationalism and creating more money, instead of producing more evidence, identifying people, and making things more known because it wastes "time and resources".

I mean, none of the focus on any of the other serial killers they keep publishing the same shows about are worth a *advertiser censored*, since all of their crimes have been connected to them and everything about them have been explored for the past century, so why has Alcala who has barely information about him or his cases, with active and ongoing cases against him, be so ignored and kept in the background? Sounds to me they're protecting him -again- in some way or he has a connection to somebody that could get implicated at the very least. 'Cuz even if you go with the theory "it's a waste of time and resources", they still do focus on 70s and 80s serial killers and the victims they "might" have, so that's not a real excuse. Sorry with the conspiracies but everything about this is fishy and odd especially with how everything panned out in 10 years.

LE has stated that in these unreleased photographs of women/children that many of them were engaged in sexual activities with him, or appeared unconscious or dead. One of the photos released to the public, which was now revoked in a strange error that should have been seen before it was approved to be released, featured a woman who appeared to be at the least grievously injured in a contorted, unnatural-looking position.
I feel that those photos should not be released because they depict deceased and still-living victims, which includes children. They deserve privacy and respect. It also sounds like there are photos that are CSAM, which should never be shared because it further victimizes the child. I do sympathize with your frustration that it seems they have not brought up the photos in recent years as there are still victims presumably unidentified.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back