Mystery couple murdered in South Carolina, 1976 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the first time I have seen a close up of the man's and woman's crime scene photos. One thing that stands out to me is how different those photos look when compared to the retouched ''closed eyes'' photographs that are more commonly displayed for this case. I am beginning to think that untouched autopsy facial photographs should accompany the retouched photographs when possible. Of course there are situations where this just cannot be done and even when possible, respect for the deceased and any family member who may see the photos should be the highest priority.

Jacques looks like un Quebecois to me.
Any other Canadians agree?
He just reminds me a lot of some of the guys I went to university with from Anjou and Longueuil...
Just has a really French look to him.

He actually reminds me of Felix Potvin, that goalie that used to play in the NHL.

He just reminds me a lot of some of the guys I went to university with from Anjou and Longueuil...

He actually reminds me of Felix Potvin, that goalie that used to play in the NHL.

I am Canadian as well and I really don't think people from Quebec look any different than the rest of us.

I am Canadian as well and I really don't think people from Quebec look any different than the rest of us.

I agree Canadian people look no different than the people from the United States. The one thing I did notice in the pictures is how deformed/big the female JD's ears were. I wonder why? They had to be that way from birth. I am sure if a doctor looked at this picture he would know what was wrong with her. I still wonder if they were brother and sister.

LOL! What I meant was when you look at some people, you think "Wow, she/he looks like they may have Irish/Scottish ancestry, etc."

Jacques looks French to me. As someone with a long lineage to New Brunswick and Acadian French persons, he just really looks French.

LOL! What I meant was when you look at some people, you think "Wow, she/he looks like they may have Irish/Scottish ancestry, etc."

Jacques looks French to me. As someone with a long lineage to New Brunswick and Acadian French persons, he just really looks French.

Half of the people in New Jersey and New York look like that too LOL

the more I look at the new pics the more they look alike to me not only the nose but now the ears look similar to me. Is is just me or do her ears look kinda strange or kind of large. She also has beautiful eyebrows.

HeY Teresa I found this post that I posted back in April about her ears. I thought that back when I first saw the new pics...

Her EARS look strange to me too...

here is a pic

Attachments

• jann.jpg
    jann.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 94

Thanks for your input

This is the first time I have seen a close up of the man's and woman's crime scene photos. One thing that stands out to me is how different those photos look when compared to the retouched ''closed eyes'' photographs that are more commonly displayed for this case. I am beginning to think that untouched autopsy facial photographs should accompany the retouched photographs when possible. Of course there are situations where this just cannot be done and even when possible, respect for the deceased and any family member who may see the photos should be the highest priority.

I agree

here is a format they had with the story and then I put hers & his together

Notice how much they look alike in the profile, they both seem to have a downward hook to their nose in profile. With her hair being long it would have been easy to hide her ears, and I dont know if its a defect of if its just the camera,

Attachments

• sidensidedoes.jpg
    sidensidedoes.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 76
I just found this story and it really reminds me of this one and gives me Hope that this case will be solved as well.

This is from an article in Canada regarding an unidentified male found in 1972 and just identified.....

Here is some from the article

The decades-old disappearance of a former University of Western Ontario student has finally been solved, thanks in large part to the school's meticulous record keeping.

In a remarkable twist that proves any cold case can be solved, UWO has helped put a name to an unidentified body found in Vancouver 36 years ago, giving the man's family some long-awaited answers.
"The family's been able to (get) closure," said Michael Mics, one of the UWO campus police officers who worked on the case.
"It was nice to . . . know our record keeping is as sophisticated as we

The OPP helped locate his parents, who live in rural Ontario and had no idea what became of their son.

here is the story

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2008/06/26/5991306-sun.html

Well I wonder with their excellent record keeping if they could find anyone with the initilas JPF???? That would have attened in the 70's

I agree. It's hard to describe to others unless you are familiar with the way French Canadians look. I am familiar just because that's part of my ancestory.

About the DNA: per Mrs Moore, the lab will begin work (finally) on the DNA soon. I personally don't hold a lot of hope for the DNA answering questions aside from whether they are related. Hopefully someone will come forward and there will be a potential relative that the profiles can be compared to. There will be more press about the case in Canada in the coming weeks so this may help as well.

I think he looks French, too. I always have. But I also think she looks European as well or possibly even South American. They both look exotic to me so I will be very surprised if they are from the USA. Anything is possible though. I'm still not sure where I stand on whether I think they are related...as I said earlier, they could be cousins maybe. I never really believed they were siblings. But in the crime scene photos I agree in profile their noses look very similar, with them both having that exact same "hooked" appearance. Hopefully, we will at least find out if they are related through the DNA results soon.

I think he looks French, too. I always have. But I also think she looks European as well or possibly even South American. They both look exotic to me so I will be very surprised if they are from the USA. Anything is possible though. I'm still not sure where I stand on whether I think they are related...as I said earlier, they could be cousins maybe. I never really believed they were siblings. But in the crime scene photos I agree in profile their noses look very similar, with them both having that exact same "hooked" appearance. Hopefully, we will at least find out if they are related through the DNA results soon.

Same here I Never saw the similarities between them I never would have thought brother/sister until I saw the profile. What do you make of her EARS?

Same here I Never saw the similarities between them I never would have thought brother/sister until I saw the profile. What do you make of her EARS?

They do look very large in the one morgue photo. It only shows the one that you put in post #147 but it almost looks sort of deformed. In the crime scene photos where their noses look similar, I think his ear looks almost the same as hers. Again, there is just one showing but they kind of look alike if you look at her ear and then his, although hers is a little harder to see in that photo. Unfortunately, his hair is down over his ears in the other photos and you can't really tell. The other odd thing is I think her face shape looks kind of different in the morgue photos where her eyes are opened and then closed. It almost looks like her face is much wider in the photo where her eyes are closed. I know it's probably the expression on her face but it still looks weird. But I agree her ears are kind of strange.

I think it is important to remember to take post-mortem photos with a grain of salt. Without getting into gory details, the brain is often examined as part of the autopsy so when the skull and scalp are "repositioned" it can look very strange and not necessarily the same as the person looked in life. A good example of this is the autopsy photo of Marilyn Monroe that found it's way onto the internet. If you didn't know it was MM, you wouldn't know they were even the same person.

I think it is important to remember to take post-mortem photos with a grain of salt. Without getting into gory details, the brain is often examined as part of the autopsy so when the skull and scalp are "repositioned" it can look very strange and not necessarily the same as the person looked in life. A good example of this is the autopsy photo of Marilyn Monroe that found it's way onto the internet. If you didn't know it was MM, you wouldn't know they were even the same person.

Yeah, you're right. It makes sense, and I thought about that when I was comparing them. But it just seems so strange they can look so different, even when comparing to the crime scene photos.

I was thinking the reason she looks wider in the face in the one pic is because she is laying flat on her back with her chin downward which would make you look wider/thicker. I think this is the best pic of what she looked like andI put some hair styles on her and makeup in one of them...

Ps I had thought about her ear maybe being damaged by the bullet that went under her chin.

anyway here is my shot at the pics

Attachments

• janedoehairstyles.jpg
    janedoehairstyles.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 107
  • janehq.jpg
    janehq.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 98
Good job with the hair and makeup...she looks like Jodie Foster in the third picture on the top! Must be the long straight blonde hair.

I agree the ear could look like that as a result of the bullet. It certainly looks deformed.

Thank you MaryBeth

You know I was looking at the crime scene pics again, and something is strange about the bullet wound on His neck. the blood is running upwards across his neck. Blood doesnt flow when your dead but it is odd blood wouldnt go up and over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon