MythBuster Thread Discussion Area

Myth: Billie has retained an attorney.

I saw this posted as someone's opinion, and then agreed to as the opinions of others, in the KTAB chat the other day, but I haven't seen anything to support it. It wouldn't surprise me, but has this actually been confirmed?

Myth: Hailey was seen outside Billie's house on the day Shawn and Billie said she went missing (Monday December 27).

Bust(?): Connie Jones' interview

Connie: I think that after he got back home that morning, he did something, because she wasn’t seen outside of the house. She wasn’t seen walking down the road or anything, so I, that’s what I figure, and that’s what I’ve told people that I figure, that Shawn did something with her.

Discussion: Is this a bust? This is the most recent thing available on it. I'm taking this as LE told Clint, and Clint told his mother, that Hailey wasn't seen, but that is, of course, an assumption on my part.

Is this enough to bust it or no?

Transcript of Connie's interview:
http://casesignal.wordpress.com/hai...s-mother-connie-jones-radio-interview-feb-23/

Myth: Hailey was seen outside Billie's house on the day Shawn and Billie said she went missing (Monday December 27).

Bust(?): Connie Jones' interview

Connie: I think that after he got back home that morning, he did something, because she wasn’t seen outside of the house. She wasn’t seen walking down the road or anything, so I, that’s what I figure, and that’s what I’ve told people that I figure, that Shawn did something with her.

Discussion: Is this a bust? This is the most recent thing available on it. I'm taking this as LE told Clint, and Clint told his mother, that Hailey wasn't seen, but that is, of course, an assumption on my part.

Is this enough to bust it or no?

Transcript of Connie's interview:
http://casesignal.wordpress.com/hai...s-mother-connie-jones-radio-interview-feb-23/

Are we using Connie J's as a source to bust myths? I do not think any information on what LE has said or thinks would be released to her.I also have no reason to believe her over the Hair dresser.

Now LE said these sightings were uncoroborated. There are links to that statement. I dont even think that dismisses their truth, it just says LE cant confirm or deny them. Other people may feel that statement by LE does bust the myths. I am not under that impression. If they could deny them, it is my opinion that they would have.

If we are able to verify she didn't have internet service in her house, how could we verify it was not possible to access wifi from her house?

I mention this because I've seen people discussing on the net how they can connect to the net using publicly available wifi from their homes. Sometimes the publicly available net connection is from just someone in the neighborhood who hasn't secured their connection. Sorry, I don't know the technical ins and outs of it, so not sure if I'm using the correct terms.

I know if I go to my Internet Connections window on my laptop, I will see Internet servers, or whatever you call them, listed. They vary. As time has gone on, more and more appear.

Also, I wonder if perhaps a generous person who lives near Billie might willingly give their password to her, or to Shawn, so that they can connect using that person's wifi. Or even, a password might be guessed or hacked.

It is my opinion that Billie plays with words. With that in mind, she has said that she doesn't have internet, which I take to mean traceable internet service at her house. I have not seen her say she has, and has had, no way to access the internet from her house. I haven't seen Shawn say he has had no way to access the internet from Billie's house, for that matter.

I hope this makes some kind of sense. I shouldn't post before my second cup.

Makes perfect sense BeanE! If she didn't pay for internet access, but someone near her had wireless internet and she had a device with wireless features, it is technically easy to "borrow" that person's unsecured access - just like we can legally do at airports, coffee shops, etc...

I guess that means we can't verify that she didn't have access to the internet at her home, even if she hadn't purchased access?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back