Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
They do that's why I was asking I was comparing the Y to the fancy club. They may have ben able to keep the locker I dunno?
I'm a member of the Lifetime Fitness gym...same as the Coopers. You can't keep the locker..the whole place is very similar to the Y. Just a little more modern and expansive. He may have a locker at his gym at work. I know Cisco has a gym, but I'm not sure if they provide lockers. I doubt it would be any different as to lockers, though.

I'm curious about this second SW. It's possible it could be for a person to gather DNA & such.

Or...(this is where I'm going to show my computer ignorance, so go ahead and get your chuckles out. I can take it.) ...I'm sure BC's internet server is CISCO. Would they have another room/office in a building that houses the uhhhh "Main Frame"? If he erased his hard drive, it would wipe out his e-mail trail...but wouldn't they still be on the server? (ok, you can stop laughing.) I'm thinking they may need a SW for a room other than his office.

I'm a member of the Lifetime Fitness gym...same as the Coopers. You can't keep the locker..the whole place is very similar to the Y. Just a little more modern and expansive. He may have a locker at his gym at work. I know Cisco has a gym, but I'm not sure if they provide lockers. I doubt it would be any different as to lockers, though.

I'm curious about this second SW. It's possible it could be for a person to gather DNA & such.

I just get the feeling it is for an another individual. A friend of NC or BC...I just feel it is.

They would word the SW in such a way so that they could obtain access not just to the hard drive on his computer at work, but also any network drives, servers, email backups or other backups, CDs/DVDs/jump drives or any electronic media that he would have had access to in the scope of being at Cisco. It would cover everything, pretty much.

Or...(this is where I'm going to show my computer ignorance, so go ahead and get your chuckles out. I can take it.) ...I'm sure BC's internet server is CISCO. Would they have another room/office in a building that houses the uhhhh "Main Frame"? If he erased his hard drive, it would wipe out his e-mail trail...but wouldn't they still be on the server? (ok, you can stop laughing.) I'm thinking they may need a SW for a room other than his office.

Cisco is not an internet provider. First off even if he erased a hard drive it can be recovered.. if he saved it on the local hard drive it wont be on a shared drive on a server. You can delete emails from your side but not the recipients side. Email PST files get large in our business so those files are saved locally as well and not on the email sever. Rest assured if he IS hiding something they can find it. Deleting files does not mean the files are gone. He can't hide the things people are saying he may have done.

They would word the SW in such a way so that they could obtain access not just to the hard drive on his computer at work, but also any network drives, servers, email backups or other backups, CDs/DVDs/jump drives or any electronic media that he would have had access to in the scope of being at Cisco. It would cover everything, pretty much.
Thank you, SG. In the affidavit they actually spell out the exact office #. That is why I was curious. I'm sure all of those items are not contained in that one room.

You mean another person may be a suspect?

I replied to one of Fran's threads regarding the second search warrant...and possible being the man NC had an affair with but of course that got ignored. Anything is possible.

ya know - I think we all need to take a step back and think that would happen if any one of us was in Brad's shoes and DID NOT kill our spouse.

I was running through this scenario the other day and came to the conclusion that the following things would be said about me:

While my husband is out traveling and working his butt off, I am at home with the animals.

I am spending his money like a crazy woman - the UPS guy was there ALL the time.

Hubby drives a 2003 truck. Wife has been through 3 (!) cars in that time period. She had a perfectly good Volkswagen for a little while - but no.... that wans;t good enough - she had to have that expensive Mercedes.

And the year he got that for her for a combo birthday / Christmas / Anniversary present - do you know what SHE got HIM???? Chicago style relish for HOT DOGS.

You know she's always joked around about killing him and dragging his body back to work to get the triple life insurance, don't you? Well, she finally did it.

Obviously, this paints a very interesting picture of me and I would DEFINITELY be a POI. ha ha ha

I would vigorously defend myself - explaining the cars saying he wanted the car as much as I did, that oftentimes we didn't really exchange Christmas gifts because it seemed forced and we never felt like we went without, that I was ONLY JOKING about killing him and dragging his body to work, etc. I'd also explain that I actually WORK FROM HOME and make a decent living even though I am always in shorts and a t-shirt and that I'd sooner kill myself than have anything happen to my husband.

But I'd sure look bad. And I am guess that nothing I said would change the minds of some people - even when my friends stuck up for me. The naysayers would say I was just making a desperate plea to make people feel sorry for me - not that I was devastated, etc.

Think about what you've said to people while joking around, or how things can get twisted. Add that to the fact that the odds are with a spouse killing a spouse and this train picks up speed really fast to convict the remaining spouse.

No one is perfect - and pointing out that NC probably exaggerated to her friends doesn't mean anyone thinks she deserved to die, or even that brad didn't do it - just that NOTHING is black and white.

Actually, I find all these affidavits to be virtually worthless with respect to Nancy's death. They were prepared after the children were already removed from his custody. The judge who agreed to that had no idea about all these people and their claims. Now, children are not taken from their biological parents willy nilly, there has to be some concrete reason that is legally defensible. He granted custody of those kids to the grand parents based on things we might never know but what we do know is it had nothing to do with these affidavits.

These affidavits were prepared for the custody case, not to pin a murder on anyone, except maybe Jessica Adam. Whatever the case, the day of the hearing, no one wanted to give testimony regarding any of this so they agreed to terms in chambers. The only thing these affidavits really do is provide insight into a highly dysfunctional relationship - both ways. Was Nancy a saint - probably not, neither was Brad obviously. The affidavits neither prove or disprove who murdered Nancy Cooper.

The only thing they seem to prove is warring factions. That aside, Brad allowed LE into his home, into the car, wherever they wanted to go. It becomes obvious LE either saw something during those trips or evidence came to light which warranted LE to obtain and seal a search warrant for the residence and cars. Something else has come to light to warrant LE to obtain and seal a warrant for Brad's workspace at Cisco and at some undisclosed location. Whatever LE hoped to find at the house, in the cars, at the work place and wherever had everything to do with the murder of Nancy Cooper.

Cold hard facts ignoring the he/said/she said bull. The other cold hard facts are no one had the right to take Nancy Cooper's life for whatever reason they invent.

Cisco is not an internet provider. First off even if he erase a hard drive it can be recovered.. if he saved it on the local hard drive it wont be on a shared drive on a server. You can delete emails from your side but not the recipients side. Email PST files get large in our business so those files are saved locally as well and not on the email sever. Rest assured if he IS hiding something they can find it. Deleting files does not mean the files are gone. He can hide the things people are saying he may have done.
Thank you too, d. I'm getting a good lesson here.

I still say there has to be a reason we do not have an affidavit from 3 people. 3 main key people...what do they know and not want to put on paper?

Carrie Clarke
Diana Duncan's husband
Theresa O'Driscoll

if he saved it on the local hard drive it wont be on a shared drive on a server.

Unless they did automatic backups from people's hard drives at work...my employer does this and past employers have done it as well. If your computer is 'on' and connected to the LAN, you could be getting backups and not even be aware of it (though most people would be aware of this).

I replied to one of Fran's threads regarding the second search warrant...and possible being the man NC had an affair with but of course that got ignored. Anything is possible.
The affair (plantonic encounter) was four years ago...while she was pregnant with her first child. I don't think anyone took is seriously, but anything is possible.

Actually, I find all these affidavits to be virtually worthless with respect to Nancy's death. {snip}

These affidavits were prepared for the custody case, not to pin a murder on anyone {snip} The only thing these affidavits really do is provide insight into a highly dysfunctional relationship - both ways.

YES YES YES!

We don't know what the PHYSICAL evidence in this case is, if it exists. We don't have a lot of cold/hard facts yet. We have some allegations, we have lots of rumors, and we have some legal documents that are for a custody case. But in the criminal case, we don't have much yet. And note 'we' =/ the police. They have stuff. Obviously. More info than we have at this time. All we have for certain is our speculation and gut feelings.

I still say there has to be a reason we do not have an affidavit from 3 people. 3 main key people...what do they know and not want to put on paper?

Carrie Clarke
Diana Duncan's husband
Theresa O'Driscoll

Carrie Clarke will end up being a state's witness. I suspect she was contacted by LE and has been duly advised not to speak of the issue nor what transpired between her and LE. The other two - I have no idea what relationship they would have so I can't begin to guess.

Thank you too, d. I'm getting a good lesson here.

No Cisco is not an internet company, but they would have a server and more than likely an IT Dept.

The IT Dept, where I work can pull up and look at anything you are doing on your pc at anytime. If you use email or pull up web sites you are using internet and it goes into the server drive for the company. They can also go back and get deleted items from anyones pc. It all depends on how long they keep the info served on there servers. It's kept for a week where I work. None the less, you can never totally delete you hard drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox