Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
MCR...this is what a few of us discussed the other night. You can't gain entry without an ID for any reason, employee's either.

I find Bella & Katie from what I have seen on tv, are well behaved and follow instructions. I think it was the grandparents stated they had not asked about NC, (I can be wrong who said this). My point is...how easy with these large areas at LTF to tell them not to bother mommy, just wave from the door, entrance, etc. that she will see them.

Which could explain the statement that Bella may have seen her mom that day. Gotcha, TY!!

Which could explain the statement that Bella may have seen her mom that day. Gotcha, TY!!

This is an interesting aspect - Bella and what she may have or may not have seen and if she said anything.

At 6 minutes into the 14 July 630 pm presser (repeating myself here), a reporter specifically asks Chief Bazemore if Bella had indeed seen Nancy on that morning. The Chief respond by saying the last person to have seen Nancy alive was Brad. Either the Chief is unaware that Bella possibly saw Nancy, or she is intentionally and effectively shying away from answering the question.

The only reason she might avoid answering that is if Bella did see something and did say something and the information is considered to now be part of the investigation and LE does not want that out. By not answering, it leaves the question open, had she said it was part of the investigation, the normal assumption would be yes. Not sure of what to make of it actually but I will say, I do not see how a judge could have given temp custody of those children to the GP's without something more than what was in the plaintiff motion for temp custody.

This is an interesting aspect - Bella and what she may have or may not have seen and if she said anything.

At 6 minutes into the 14 July 630 pm presser (repeating myself here), a reporter specifically asks Chief Bazemore if Bella had indeed seen Nancy on that morning. The Chief respond by saying the last person to have seen Nancy alive was Brad. Either the Chief is unaware that Bella possibly saw Nancy, or she is intentionally and effectively shying away from answering the question.

The only reason she might avoid answering that is if Bella did see something and did say something and the information is considered to now be part of the investigation and LE does not want that out. By not answering, it leaves the question open, had she said it was part of the investigation, the normal assumption would be yes. Not sure of what to make of it actually but I will say, I do not see how a judge could have given temp custody of those children to the GP's without something more than what was in the plaintiff motion for temp custody.

I'm even more curious as to why Brad agreed to the temporary custody arrangement without a judgement being made. That makes no sense to me.

I'm even more curious as to why Brad agreed to the temporary custody arrangement without a judgement being made. That makes no sense to me.

I am as well considering the rash of affidavits to refute the original claims. I have an idea but it is just that, an idea.

I have been concerned about something for awhile. I apologize in advance if this is something that you sleuths have already discussed in detail. Hanna Pritchard notes in her affidavit that Nancy had found a disturbing note. Apparently Hanna has seen this note, so wouldn't that be first hand information?

"Nancy found an extremely disturbing note that Brad had written to himself, and that Nancy had showed me. It had each of the girls name listed on it with different facts underneath like Bella's favorite color is yellow, loves chicken nuggets. We found it quite strange since these were not things that you would forget. On the other side of the paper was a list of financial items like closing accounts, looking up blue books on cars and checking on life insurance policies."

I imagine that they didn't photcopy this. I also imagine that Brad would assume that this was something that nobody had seen. Can you really make this up? This fits with the "erased" theory.

http://www.wral.com/asset/news/local/2008/07/23/3258895/1216912148-Plaintiff_affidavits2.pdf

I have to go, but I will check back later for your thoughts on the post above.

I have been concerned about something for awhile. I apologize in advance if this is something that you sleuths have already discussed in detail. Hanna Pritchard notes in her affidavit that Nancy had found a disturbing note. Apparently Hanna has seen this note, so wouldn't that be first hand information?

"Nancy found an extremely disturbing note that Brad had written to himself, and that Nancy had showed me. It had each of the girls name listed on it with different facts underneath like Bella's favorite color is yellow, loves chicken nuggets. We found it quite strange since these were not things that you would forget. On the other side of the paper was a list of financial items like closing accounts, looking up blue books on cars and checking on life insurance policies."

I imagine that they didn't photcopy this. I also imagine that Brad would assume that this was something that nobody had seen. Can you really make this up? This fits with the "erased" theory.

http://www.wral.com/asset/news/local/2008/07/23/3258895/1216912148-Plaintiff_affidavits2.pdf

I have to go, but I will check back later for your thoughts on the post above.

If Ms. Pritchard saw it herself, it is indeed first hand knowledge. I doubt it was photcopied either but it could be possible, with a pending separation, that Nancy gave it to her lawyer. As you recall there was quite a flurry of motions, one relating specifically to the issue of Ms. Stubbs turning over her notes relating to conversations with Nancy, and one for her removal as the plaintiff's counsul. Someone wanted to know pretty badly what she knew. Just a thought.

These are all great theories. It would be yet another explanation for the need to drive out there.

All the places BC mentioned should had taken approx 1 hour max. Unless he jogged the trails with the girls in tow he could only drive around the parking lots to look for NC.

Looking at the N & O photos - certainly there was no vehicular access to many of those trails. You are correct, driving around would do one little good unless one was extremely lucky to find Nancy in a parking lot at the precise moment one entered it.

Physically going to Lifetime still seems odd too -- unless it was (as had been suggested) to try to get the girls to think mom was in one of the rooms. That's the only thing that seems to even remotely fit. I'm sure he didn't go there so they could compare the video image to any taken at HT...

If he had the X5, with Nancy's purse in it, he could have tried to enter Lifetime on her card to show the girls Nancy was there, if that is what he was aiming to do. Not sure how the card thing works or if id is also required at check in. If it is just a simply swipe the card with no assistance from a person at the desk, it could have been done. But I think since Nancy was not reported to have been at the club, that didn't happen.

I am trying to clean the garage and just can't leave more than 20 minutes and I am back on here..:)

I have a question about something I think was stated on here...
Did NC family ask for her cap she used to jog in?
If not what were the things they did ask for?

RC..it is on the webpage about Bella seeing her mom. It was posted by DD. Is this a slip up? LFT is the only thing I can think occured since mommy was no where to be found on Saturday. Would DD not tell the truth about this one thing she posted?

I am trying to clean the garage and just can't leave more than 20 minutes and I am back on here..:)

I have a question about something I think was stated on here...
Did NC family ask for her cap she used to jog in?
If not what were the things they did ask for?

RC..it is on the webpage about Bella seeing her mom. It was posted by DD. Is this a slip up? LFT is the only thing I can think occured since mommy was no where to be found on Saturday. Would DD not tell the truth about this one thing she posted?

I'm certainly not questioning what DD posted on the webpage. Does she say Bella herself told either her or someone else this ? I don't know what to make of it - it is equally possible Bella saw her Mum as opposed to having not seen her. All I know for sure is Chief Bazemore totally dances around that issue when asked a direct question.

But I still hold the opinion, that temp custody was granted based on more than what was posted on the web in the ex parte motion.

"RC..it is on the webpage about Bella seeing her mom. It was posted by DD. Is this a slip up? LFT is the only thing I can think occured since mommy was no where to be found on Saturday. Would DD not tell the truth about this one thing she posted?"

If DD says that Bella saw her Mommy, does that not also mean that DD would have necessarily seen Nancy??? Otherwise that is not first-hand knowledge from Bella. Does it not make more sense, since the Art2mis posting was on July 14, that this is something that Brad told to DD???

What makes you think that chauncey? It takes time to put a case together. The autopsy isn't back yet, the DNA evidence either. If BC did it and the LE makes an arrest before everything is in they run the risk of him getting off on a technicality in a trial.

Entre---

That's just it, what case, is there even a case against anyone at this juncture? No one has been named a POI, or a suspect. Earlier this year, CPD was involved in a homicide, a missing lady who was found charred, an estranged husband angry over money, CPD had DNA evidence back in no time, and the husband was charged in a few weeks.

When I hear from friends that CPD is out setting up roadblocks and passing out flyers periodically, it makes me suspect they have no smoking gun against the perp(s), and that TOD was after 7 a.m., that Saturday morning.

Chief Bazemore has not stated anything to the public that I am aware which makes me feel comfy about jogging alone in the Regency Park/Koka Booth Amphitheatre area.
IMO, it's time for CPD to shed a little light on this murder and explain why they feel it was an isolated incident.

Would like to know the locale of the sealed search warrant. Interesting it's okay for it to be known Brad Cooper's office was searched, yet not okay for one locale to be known as it were would further fuel speculation. WOW.

There have been some heinous crimes committed against women in the Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill-Fayetteville area this year, some remain unsolved. I'd really like to see some closure on this murder, Michelle Young's and Jenna Nielsen.

Why hasn't a reward been established for Nancy Cooper, given her social stature in Lochmere and the community? What about Cisco supporting Brad Cooper? Progress Energy put up reward money for Michelle Young and another lady who was employed there and slain last year.

Tick tock.

Looking at the N & O photos - certainly there was no vehicular access to many of those trails. You are correct, driving around would do one little good unless one was extremely lucky to find Nancy in a parking lot at the precise moment one entered it.

I believe someone offered to watch the kids so he could run the trails....

What makes you think that chauncey? It takes time to put a case together. The autopsy isn't back yet, the DNA evidence either. If BC did it and the LE makes an arrest before everything is in they run the risk of him getting off on a technicality in a trial.

Entre---

That's just it, what case, is there even a case against anyone at this juncture? No one has been named a POI, or a suspect. Earlier this year, CPD was involved in a homicide, a missing lady who was found charred, an estranged husband angry over money, CPD had DNA evidence back in no time, and the husband was charged in a few weeks.

When I hear from friends that CPD is out setting up roadblocks and passing out flyers periodically, it makes me suspect they have no smoking gun against the perp(s), and that TOD was after 7 a.m., that Saturday morning.

Chief Bazemore has not stated anything to the public that I am aware which makes me feel comfy about jogging alone in the Regency Park/Koka Booth Amphitheatre area.
IMO, it's time for CPD to shed a little light on this murder and explain why they feel it was an isolated incident.

Would like to know the locale of the sealed search warrant. Interesting it's okay for it to be known Brad Cooper's office was searched, yet not okay for one locale to be known as it were would further fuel speculation. WOW.

There have been some heinous crimes committed against women in the Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill-Fayetteville area this year, some remain unsolved. I'd really like to see some closure on this murder, Michelle Young's and Jenna Nielsen.

Why hasn't a reward been established for Nancy Cooper, given her social stature in Lochmere and the community? What about Cisco supporting Brad Cooper? Progress Energy put up reward money for Michelle Young and the another lady who was employed there and slain last year.

Tick tock.

I couldn't agree with you more about the reward, it is most confusing that the husband (no matter the marriage) has not offered a reward and hired a PI , even if it's only to clear himself!

<snip>

At 10:37 into this press conference Chief Bazemore explains why CaryPD believes it is an isolated incident:

http://www.wral.com/news/local/video/3207082/

In the event the link does not work - it is the 14 July - 6:30 pm presser.

"RC..it is on the webpage about Bella seeing her mom. It was posted by DD. Is this a slip up? LFT is the only thing I can think occured since mommy was no where to be found on Saturday. Would DD not tell the truth about this one thing she posted?"

If DD says that Bella saw her Mommy, does that not also mean that DD would have necessarily seen Nancy??? Otherwise that is not first-hand knowledge from Bella. Does it not make more sense, since the Art2mis posting was on July 14, that this is something that Brad told to DD???

yes, you're right.

The DD/art2mis post was part of the searching phase, and she simply stated something like "she was last seen by BC and his daughter".

I would doubt at that time anyone had/had thought to directly ask the child "have you seen your Mommy and when".

Now, having agreed with that, I have to disagree with the "theory" that he went to Lifetime purely so he could take the kids inside and offer up some ruse about "wave to Mommy".

I am not a member of LTF - not a member of any HC or other establishment CURRENTLY that requires any type of pass like that. And so I have no idea how many members there are at LTF. But my experience is that if the people behind the desk know you, an access pass isn't a must. They're not in the business of telling customers "sorry you didn't follow our little policy and it doesn't matter if I know your or not".

So to say it was a misstep by him to check there (or claim he did) when he would have KNOWN she couldn't be there without her pass is too big of a reach, IMO.

At 10:37 into this press conference Chief Bazemore explains why CaryPD believes it is an isolated incident:

http://www.wral.com/news/local/video/3207082/

In the event the link does not work - it is the 14 July - 6:30 pm presser.

She also says in that pres confrence she has no reason to believe Nancy is not alive. She repeats at least twice that Nancy left the home to go jogging.
So then do you believe Nancy left the home to go jogging?

I believe someone offered to watch the kids so he could run the trails....

Nancy Adams said she offered to watch the kids so he could go look for her. BC said he was taking the kids with him. There was no mention of this offer being "so he could run the trails (if he needed to)".

While it would have been better for him to leave the girls - what if he is innocent, and what if he could have found her still alive on one of the trails - I can also see a panicked person clinging to his family at that point.

She also says in that pres confrence she has no reason to believe Nancy is not alive. She repeats at least twice that Nancy left the home to go jogging.
So then do you believe Nancy left the home to go jogging?

On 14 July - yes. Not since 15 July however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nursestump