Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
ps - if Brad gets arrested and charged between now and 8/17, please let my suspecters know I'm not Brad since you won't have heard from me. I'm just heading out on vacation. 0-)

the stickers being on the car but all white points to bleach having caused it.

is detergent with bleach strong enough to bleach stickers like that or would it need to
be concentrated bleach like Clorox?

On 14 July - yes. Not since 15 July however.

is detergent with bleach strong enough to bleach stickers like that or would it need to

I don't know if Tide purchased at 4:30 am as opposed to Tide with bleach for front load purchased at 6:25am would be more powerful, but I am getting this mental picture of Brad out there with the scrub brush scrubbing away to make those stickers all white. Reaching!

I am trying to clean the garage and just can't leave more than 20 minutes and I am back on here..:)

I have a question about something I think was stated on here...
Did NC family ask for her cap she used to jog in?
If not what were the things they did ask for?

RC..it is on the webpage about Bella seeing her mom. It was posted by DD. Is this a slip up? LFT is the only thing I can think occured since mommy was no where to be found on Saturday. Would DD not tell the truth about this one thing she posted?

I apologize profusely but can someone explain this post? I've been at work the past couple of days and am still playing catch up.
My questions are...
Who is DD?
What website?
Who or what is LFT?

Brad Cooper is on 'paid administrative leave' from Cisco.
This form of 'leave' is not related to vacation, personal days or family leave. Think of it as 'you are being investigated in your wife's murder and we would prefer you stay home until you are cleared'.

Understood -- and that's really my point. Cisco wants no part of this. He is clearly being investigated in connection with a crime given that a search warrant was served for his office. If for no other reason than the publicity alone, they would rather he get his "situation" resolved before he come back to work at the Cisco site.

I was responding to the question of "why isn't Cisco coming out in support of Brad?". I was simply pointing out that you aren't likely to see any huge company put their corporate reputation on the line for some no-name cubicle dweller in North Carolina. If this were some Mom & Pop business where everyone knows everyone, you might see the owner coming out to say "oh, we all know Brad and we're sure that he couldn't be involved in something like this." But, as I said, anyone who would be qualified to make a statement for a company like Cisco knows no more (and quite possibly less) about Brad than anyone here.

DD
refers to nancy's friend, ms.duncan (diane? diana?)

here is a blogspot where you can read to posts that refer to one of the cooper daughters seeing their mom.

http://nancycooper.blogspot.com/2008/07/map-of-searched-areas.html

Anonymous said... "No one has answered the first question on this blog....who was the last to see her and where/when was it? I am told her youngest child saw her at 12 midnight when she got home Friday...is this true?
July 14, 2008 8:56 AM"

-snip-
art2mis said...
Her husband and elder child saw her leaving for her run Saturday morning.

JULY 14, 2008 11:26 AM

eta: LTF is the Life Time Fitness gym - the place where brad claims he went to find nancy

What makes you think that chauncey? It takes time to put a case together. The autopsy isn't back yet, the DNA evidence either. If BC did it and the LE makes an arrest before everything is in they run the risk of him getting off on a technicality in a trial.

Entre---

That's just it, what case, is there even a case against anyone at this juncture? No one has been named a POI, or a suspect. Earlier this year, CPD was involved in a homicide, a missing lady who was found charred, an estranged husband angry over money, CPD had DNA evidence back in no time, and the husband was charged in a few weeks.

When I hear from friends that CPD is out setting up roadblocks and passing out flyers periodically, it makes me suspect they have no smoking gun against the perp(s), and that TOD was after 7 a.m., that Saturday morning.

Chief Bazemore has not stated anything to the public that I am aware which makes me feel comfy about jogging alone in the Regency Park/Koka Booth Amphitheatre area.
IMO, it's time for CPD to shed a little light on this murder and explain why they feel it was an isolated incident.

Would like to know the locale of the sealed search warrant. Interesting it's okay for it to be known Brad Cooper's office was searched, yet not okay for one locale to be known as it were would further fuel speculation. WOW.

There have been some heinous crimes committed against women in the Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill-Fayetteville area this year, some remain unsolved. I'd really like to see some closure on this murder, Michelle Young's and Jenna Nielsen.

Why hasn't a reward been established for Nancy Cooper, given her social stature in Lochmere and the community? What about Cisco supporting Brad Cooper? Progress Energy put up reward money for Michelle Young and another lady who was employed there and slain last year.

Tick tock.
Chauncey, anytime there is a murder there is a case. Regardless of whether or not a POI or suspect has been named it's still a murder case. In a murder case it is routine to start from the inside and work your way out, i.e. looking very closely at the people that saw the deceased last and or those that lived with the deceased or were engaged in an intimate relationship with the deceased. In Nancy's case the person who last saw her alive, the person who lived with her and was involved in the most intimate relationship with her happens to be BC and there is irrefutable proof that BC & NC's relations had gone sour both from legal documentation and eye witness accounts. It's simple logic to explore BC's possible involvement in NC's death. To think there is no murder case is either an extreme instance of denial or pure defiance.

Me thinks thou protests too much.

DD
refers to nancy's friend, ms.duncan (diane? diana?)

here is a blogspot where you can read to posts that refer to one of the cooper daughters seeing their mom.

http://nancycooper.blogspot.com/2008/07/map-of-searched-areas.html

Anonymous said... "No one has answered the first question on this blog....who was the last to see her and where/when was it? I am told her youngest child saw her at 12 midnight when she got home Friday...is this true?
July 14, 2008 8:56 AM"

-snip-
art2mis said...
Her husband and elder child saw her leaving for her run Saturday morning.

JULY 14, 2008 11:26 AM

Thank you so much! I saw the nic "art2mis", she and her husband run the NC blog. Don't know how I missed that comment since I've followed it from the beginning. I even posted a comment there the same day. And now that I've had a chance to sit down and organize my thoughts I finally figured it was Diana Duncan. There are so many people involved in

eta: LTF is the Life Time Fitness gym - the place where brad claims he went to find nancy

Thank you so much! I saw the nic "art2mis", she and her husband run the NC blog. Don't know how I missed that comment since I've followed it from the beginning. I even posted a comment there the same day. And now that I've had a chance to sit down and organize my thoughts I finally figured it was Diana Duncan however I was totally stumped on Lifetime. There are so many people involved in this case. Whew!

Thanks again!:blowkiss:

<SNIP>
In a murder case it is routine to start from the inside and work your way out, i.e. looking very closely at the people that saw the deceased last and or those that lived with the deceased or were engaged in an intimate relationship with the deceased. In Nancy's case the person who last saw her alive, the person who lived with her and was involved in the most intimate relationship with her happens to be BC and there is irrefutable proof that BC & NC's relations had gone sour both from legal documentation and eye witness accounts. <SNIP>

This is not only true in a murder case, think about it from a pure logic standpoint. I discover I am missing something, it does not matter what, it could be my car keys. Now, Do I go to the neighbor's house and start looking for my keys? Do I put an ad in the paper first? Call my Mother? No! I begin looking where I last saw them, or where the last place I remember having them, and retrace my steps from that point.

In this case, BC says he saw her leave to go running, and she does not return for a long time, her car is in the driveway, so we know she did not leave the state, at least under her own power.

She COULD have been abducted, but it does seem strange that LE and the friends took such an active role in searching for her to begin with. I was keeping my eyes open, and might have participated in a search, had I known that one was going on. I was in the Regency Park area in the woods that weekend anyway, and I was looking for anything that might have indicated she was there, or had been, but I also had it in the back of my mind that she might have voluntarily left. This was before they mentioned her kids, much less her husband. I think it was a day or two before it even came out in the WRAL site that she was married.

Now, on access to Lifetime. I have not been a member all that long, but you have an ID card. It is a plastic card, similar to a credit card. There is a bar code on the back, and you cannot swipe it in yourself. You hand it to someone behind the counter and they swipe it for you. They look down at the computer screen, and I think they usually call you by name. When you get your membership card, they take a picture of you with a webcam, and if you have a family membership they also take pictures of your kids. I am not sure if your picture pops up on the screen when you enter or not, but since you could theoretically use someone else's membership card since it does not have your picture on it, I would not be at all surprised to find that your picture is displayed. It would also help if you have the kids in tow that they knew you were bringing your kids in, and not just some random kids.

There are also several security cameras around the parking lot and entrances of Lifetime Fitness.

CyberPro

I do not see how a judge could have given temp custody of those children to the GP's without something more than what was in the plaintiff motion for temp custody

it would be very unusual to allow temp custody with just what we've seen.

however, the other strange thing is that i'm not sure that the judge made the decision. you all correct me, please, if i misread this somewhere, but i was under the impression that both parties worked this out in the judge's chambers.

i believe that means that Brad for some reason agreed to this arrangement, and that it wasn't a decision handed down by the judge but rather one in which both parties decided on together.

QUOTE]

After 5 days (July 12-July 17) of being in charge of Bella and Katie, I wonder if Brad was overwhelmed. It wasn't his usual routine to be their 24-hour caretaker so between diapers, feedings, squabbles, naptime, baths, bedtime, etc. maybe he was overwhelmed. I know Nancy's parents had them some of that time but until the court order, wasn't he mainly watching them at his friend's house?
His personality seems to be portrayed as "it's all about me" and watching 2 kids full-time would definitely put a crimp in that style!!!! Would that be enough to convince him to give up custody?

I do not see how a judge could have given temp custody of those children to the GP's without something more than what was in the plaintiff motion for temp custody

however, the other strange thing is that i'm not sure that the judge made the decision. you all correct me, please, if i misread this somewhere, but i was under the impression that both parties worked this out in the judge's chambers.

i believe that means that Brad for some reason agreed to this arrangement, and that it wasn't a decision handed down by the judge but rather one in which both parties decided on together.

QUOTE]

After 5 days (July 12-July 17) of being in charge of Bella and Katie, I wonder if Brad was overwhelmed. It wasn't his usual routine to be their 24-hour caretaker so between diapers, feedings, squabbles, naptime, baths, bedtime, etc. maybe he was overwhelmed. I know Nancy's parents had them some of that time but until the court order, wasn't he mainly watching them at his friend's house?
His personality seems to be portrayed as "it's all about me" and watching 2 kids full-time would definitely put a crimp in that style!!!! Would that be enough to convince him to give up custody?

Possibly that, and the information his attorneys were receiving from the Rentz's attorneys. It's usually a back-and-forth process, with the parties separated and the attorneys going back and forth with each other. In this case, however, I certainly don't know if that was the scenario. But I have seen many "courthouse steps" settlements done this way.

I thought that someone said there were NO stickers on either car.

Also, detergent w/ bleach is color safe non-chlorine bleach.

A judge did order that temp custody be given over to the GP's in response to the Ex Parte petition on 16 July.

The hearing scheduled for the 25th - was resloved in judge's chambers between the parties.

wanted to make sure everybody saw Raisincharlie's comment that the judge order the temp custody on july 16th & temp custody was not settled in the judge's chambers.

Rather, the july 25th hearing re custody was resolved in the judge's chambers with brad & nancy's sister & grandparents.

wanted to make sure everybody saw Raisincharlie's comment that the judge order the temp custody on july 16th & temp custody was not settled in the judge's chambers.

Rather, the july 25th hearing re custody was resolved in the judge's chambers with brad & nancy's sister & grandparents.

And I think that JTF said it was on the 4th floor. It really doesn't matter where the settlement happened. What was significant is that it was settled between the parties instead of being heard by the judge.

QUOTE]

I had thought about that! (Brad giving up because of the work involved in taking care of 2 little girls).

I don't know, custody is a big thing! May be a stretch!?

I thought that someone said there were NO stickers on either car.

Also, detergent w/ bleach is color safe non-chlorine bleach.

bumped from last night ---

post #247
zoe said:

" I don't know that the "non-presence" of license plate stickers means anything at all, but, I am truly curious about it. I drove past the Cooper residence this morning [separate loonnnggg post on impressions board] and stopped to look at the license tag on BC's vehicle [the SUV was not present in the driveway]. It is absolutely white in the upper left and right corners. I thought while reading everything here about it that perhaps it was just faded from numerous car washes/weather but that is not what I think now. Mine is faded from numerous car washes and the weather but I can still see the very faded expiration month and I've had my tag much longer than BC has been in the US. Again, not sure what this means in the big picture but it is an oddity."

bumped from last night ---

post #247
zoe said:

" I don't know that the "non-presence" of license plate stickers means anything at all, but, I am truly curious about it. I drove past the Cooper residence this morning [separate loonnnggg post on impressions board] and stopped to look at the license tag on BC's vehicle [the SUV was not present in the driveway]. It is absolutely white in the upper left and right corners. I thought while reading everything here about it that perhaps it was just faded from numerous car washes/weather but that is not what I think now. Mine is faded from numerous car washes and the weather but I can still see the very faded expiration month and I've had my tag much longer than BC has been in the US. Again, not sure what this means in the big picture but it is an oddity."

I took that to mean it was not faded and was white b/c the stickers were not there. The background of North Carolina plates are white.

Edited to add: Also, the picture that RaisinCharlie directed everyone to (of the SUV tag) seemed to have no stickers. It didn't look like white stickers, just a smooth surface in the corners of the plates.

Hello.

I have been reading the boards since the beginning of this case and haven't posted anything on the discussion board yet. Please let me know if you think this topic is better placed in the "off-topic" thread.

Some things have been bothering me:
1. MM providing two affadavits that seem somewhat contradictory.
2. According to MM's affadavit for the defendant, he and Nancy spent time at the beach without their respective spouses.
3. The Blueline radio site said something about Nancy's tragic murder breaking up the neighborhood's superficial camaraderie, and just before imploding, someone will be thrown to the lions.

Yesterday, DD posted on her blog about her worry that the tragedy of Nancy's death might cause deep cracks in her neighborhood and community. I share DD's concern and hope that this case is solved quickly and that "collateral damage" (such an awful term ,IMO) is limited.

I'm wondering what your take is...

Thanks!

This is not only true in a murder case, think about it from a pure logic standpoint. I discover I am missing something, it does not matter what, it could be my car keys. Now, Do I go to the neighbor's house and start looking for my keys? Do I put an ad in the paper first? Call my Mother? No! I begin looking where I last saw them, or where the last place I remember having them, and retrace my steps from that point.

In this case, BC says he saw her leave to go running, and she does not return for a long time, her car is in the driveway, so we know she did not leave the state, at least under her own power.

She COULD have been abducted, but it does seem strange that LE and the friends took such an active role in searching for her to begin with. I was keeping my eyes open, and might have participated in a search, had I known that one was going on. I was in the Regency Park area in the woods that weekend anyway, and I was looking for anything that might have indicated she was there, or had been, but I also had it in the back of my mind that she might have voluntarily left. This was before they mentioned her kids, much less her husband. I think it was a day or two before it even came out in the WRAL site that she was married.

Now, on access to Lifetime. I have not been a member all that long, but you have an ID card. It is a plastic card, similar to a credit card. There is a bar code on the back, and you cannot swipe it in yourself. You hand it to someone behind the counter and they swipe it for you. They look down at the computer screen, and I think they usually call you by name. When you get your membership card, they take a picture of you with a webcam, and if you have a family membership they also take pictures of your kids. I am not sure if your picture pops up on the screen when you enter or not, but since you could theoretically use someone else's membership card since it does not have your picture on it, I would not be at all surprised to find that your picture is displayed. It would also help if you have the kids in tow that they knew you were bringing your kids in, and not just some random kids.

There are also several security cameras around the parking lot and entrances of Lifetime Fitness.

CyberPro

Thanks for explaining this and being so specific. I have not been there, but my children have. I have someone very close to me that works there and has told my you do NOT get in even as an employee with out going thru this routine.

Does this card have your name on it?

So if this is the routine to get in...hmmm...wonder why BC went to ask if NC had checked in?

A--she doesn't carry anything but a piece of gum on her when she she jogs, NO ID on her to gain entry

B--he could have called just as easy to see if NC checked in

C--she didn't drive since her car was at home, so he had no need to look for a vehicle

D--she supposedly had gone jogging, so why would she be working out also?

E--she was to be painting at 8am, left to go jogging at 7am. Not enough time in my books to get a jog in and work out session

IMO there was absolutely NO reason to go to LTF.

ALIBI IMO to get on camera to say he was looking.
Where else could he get put on camera to say....SEE I was looking!!!

He had to find a place that she MIGHT have gone to show an attempt was made by him.

Now lets hope they swiped his card before they would give out any information to him about anyone of their members.

Now I hope he did go in and with the girls....

BIG RED FLAG in my books. Just another one to add to the Who Killed NC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayjay90