Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO..yes. I would say the LE asked where he went looking and he told LTF, and they ask about the membership. LE discovers NC card isn't in her purse to gain entry. And she doesn't carry anything to jog...why her LTF ID? Bells are now going off IMO.

Of course HT is big, but at this time LE is real suspicious because of JA call to them.

Don't you know they asked him about WWMC, Java Jive, etc. By this time more than bells are ringing it is a full orchestra!!!

IMHO JA is the key to everything he did after that first (or 2nd) phone call. She unknowingly set things in motion that day...perhaps things he was not exactly planning in quite that way. IF he was hanging out at LTF for say, longer than 30 min, then that is truly strange. Cause you'd only continue to hang out at a place your wife wasn't at during your search for her, if you wanted to not be at home. :twocents:

Brilliant ? I have seen nothing to indicate he is brilliant - those affidiavits he prepared for the custody hearing did not seem to be the words of a brilliant man to me. CCIE with an MBA or not - brilliant is not a word I can seem to attach to him. JMO

There are a lot of educated idiots in this world. He seems to be one of them.

Brilliant ? I have seen nothing to indicate he is brilliant - those affidiavits he prepared for the custody hearing did not seem to be the words of a brilliant man to me. CCIE with an MBA or not - brilliant is not a word I can seem to attach to him. JMO

Maybe brilliant only in engineering; it appears every idiot needs it's savant! :wink:

At my gym your profile comes up when they input your member #, but the staff doesn't necessarily 'closely' check to make sure you and your profile pic match. They hire a lot of young'uns to work there...age 16 - 20.

At my gym, half the time no one is at the desk when you swipe.:rolleyes:

At my gym, half the time no one is at the desk when you swipe.:rolleyes:

Same at mine...in those cases they have a sign-in sheet in which you just write down your member #. It's a tiny no-frills gym though...just one big room. I know the main staff there and they know me by name.

There's always someone at the front desk at mine, and if by some fluke there isn't they will chase you down. I thought I was going to be literally tackled once. They really mean business about check-in.

IMO..yes. I would say the LE asked where he went looking and he told LTF, and they ask about the membership. LE discovers NC card isn't in her purse to gain entry. And she doesn't carry anything to jog...why her LTF ID? Bells are now going off IMO.

Of course HT is big, but at this time LE is real suspicious because of JA call to them.

Don't you know they asked him about WWMC, Java Jive, etc. By this time more than bells are ringing it is a full orchestra!!!

I would never underestimate the smarts and cleverness of a police detective. Some people might think of them as kind of 'nothing but dumb public servants,' but not me. And oftentimes their intuition is first-rate! I bet they asked a lot of questions that day...both in front of BC and then among themselves later.

There's always someone at the front desk at mine, and if by some fluke there isn't they will chase you down. I thought I was going to be literally tackled once. They really mean business about check-in.
LOL! doG forbid someone gets in and exercises/sweats! :eek:

Been working on this in bits and pieces all day.

OK, here's my other LTF possibility (although I think this one is even less likely than the towels as it is very, very risky). I've been considering ways to hide something in those lockers without getting caught. We've had posts here about the LTF lockers, and that you cannot keep stuff there. I don't know how they determine if a locker is just in use by someone who is in the building late at night. In fact they might not go through the lockers at all, but just tell you they do when you sign up for membership (see why this may be true in a minute).

Here's how the lockers work. When you go in there are keys in the locks. You open the locker, put your stuff in. Now, to get the key out you must put your ID in a slot on the back of the lock (inside the locker). Your id must stay there, or you can't lock the locker and get the key out. So, this effectively keeps people from leaving stuff in the lockers because you can't get back in the building if you leave stuff there--you have no ID! The other option is to leave stuff there unlocked. Or pretend you lost your ID and get another one so you can leave your old one in the lock. Note that the ID slots in the lockers are mechanical. They are not "scanned" or anything to be logged by a computer.

Now, if BC had both his and NC's IDs, he could leave, say NC's card in the locker. He would still be able to get back in the club with his id. Now, what if LTF doesn't open the locked lockers every night, but just relies on the fact that people need to get back in the building so they don't leave stuff there. Or what if they only check lockers if the same locker is in use night after night. In that case, BC could return to LTF and occasionally move the contents to a different locker (see holes, below). It's possible with all his IronMan training that he has been there at odd hours and might know how they handle checking for stuff left in the lockers.

Holes: Same holes as in my other post, plus more. Once he's being followed by LE, it's tough to keep going back to LTF to move stuff from locker to locker, so it's very bad for him if they do check the lockers nightly. Could have an accomplice, I guess, to move the stuff around or get it out of there entirely. The other thing is you cannot go in the Men's/Women's locker rooms while bringing children of
the opposite sex that you are. If you are a man bringing in girls you would need to use the family locker rooms. If you went in the family locker with 2 girls it would look odd if you immediately left the building. The family locker entrance is right off the lobby.

So, as I said, unlikely. It's much more likely he was trying to establish his whereabouts or trying to get Nancy "checked in."

Wow - thats quite a security set up they have.

Seems to me you may have just made a case for the "undisclosed location" :clap:

Here's another thing I've often thought about (and mentioned before): here you have a good friend (perhaps a 'best' friend) who goes into FULL ON PANIC MODE when NC fails to show up within a 1-hr window of the time they were to get together.

Now I don't know JA at all; never heard of her before this case. I have friends who are occasionally late or occasionally get tied up doing something and our plans get shifted as a result. Things don't quite start on time (I'm a punctual person so this sometimes drives me crazy). But WHY would a friend go into PANIC MODE so quickly? UNLESS that friend was already fearful that something might happen to her friend...the friend who is in a very estranged rel'p...said rel'p having gone back into "hate mode," as mentioned by the wife the night before, at the party.

Friends don't usually go into this full on panic mode within a 3 hr timeframe. Unless said friend is like my 80 year old mother who is the Olympic Champion of Worrying (Guiness Book of World Records-level), something hit her that morning...her intuition was telling her DANGER WILL ROBINSON, DANGER!

She knew. In her GUT she knew. She probably wasn't even consciously aware of it but a certain knowledge or 'knowing' was given to her on a very unconcious level.

BTW, I had the same thing happen to me the day I found out my brother had been found dead. And there is no explanation for it that can be explained by our 5 basic senses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500