Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure just about everyone has a theory or 2 in their heads.

I have been reading the articles over today, listening to news clips and reading the affidavits again. I have to ask what did the police do on Saturday the 12th at the Cooper's house for the many hours they were there?

How long were they there?

I imagine they were talking to people who could help put together some kind of timeline, getting a description, pictures, interviews, as well as looking around. They tend to take their time on things.

Police were there until 10:30/11:00...many hours it appears. Close to 8 hours?

Well depending on how many were there and if they had to call for assistance on some things...it can take time to get people to their assignments.

When my neighbor passed away suddenly there were 6 or 7 of CPD's finest hanging out in her driveway, in front of her house, doing whatever it was they were doing (waiting for the coroner, waiting for next-of-kin, etc, etc). They were there a total of 3 or 4 hours and that was a fairly simple thing--heart attack/dead in bed. So in a 'missing person' case it could get complicated, yes?

Plus all the looking around, searching, looking to see if anything is amiss, filling out paperwork, interviewing 'witnesses'/friends, etc, etc.

Isn't this also when they took NC purse from the SUV? I could have sworn this occured then. But I just found it didn't occur on Saturday.

This is what I thought until this evening when I was looking thru everything for the 10th time...(it feels like it) I noticed it was Monday they took her purse. They removed it on the 14th. What was her purse doing in the car on Monday?

This now makes me think it was triggered by BC doing the search when he was seen and the jacket being on when he said he found the shovel....

This is what I thought until this evening when I was looking thru everything for the 10th time...(it feels like it) I noticed it was Monday they took her purse. They removed it on the 14th. What was her purse doing in the car on Monday?

This now makes me think it was triggered by BC doing the search when he was seen and the jacket being on when he said he found the shovel....

It makes you think what was triggered? The cops taking NC's purse out of her SUV?

Is it possible the report has the wrong date on it? Is it possible the report says the 14th but it actually occurred on that Sat the 12th? One can't assume anything as far as documents go when it comes to dates... can you post a link to the report you read that shows this date?

The thing is, this is not an official report...it's a news report and the accuracy of it is not verified. News reporters often get little details wrong--for instance in today's newscast they said "friends of Nancy's created a memorial at JJ to celebrate her Bday." But that's not accurate because the people who did it never met Nancy and thus were not friends of hers--just community members. A small detail, but an important distinction.

I'm not saying this article is incorrect in this particular case, but I'd still want to see some kind of official paperwork or get some kind of official verification that shows what was removed on what day/time before I came to any conclusions and assigned any particular meaning.

The problem with trying to 'sleuth' in this and other cases is that until/unless you see source material or get some kind of official word, you don't know if someone got some details mixed up or something.

Also, as of 3:45pm on Monday her body had not yet been found AND LE had not yet obtained any SW's. That might not matter, but other than a cursory looksee I don't know what they could have done without SWs.

I totally agree..that is why it took me by surprise to see this. If it is true that they searched the vehicles on Monday then it is hard to understand what the purse was doing out there for 3 days.

The other surprise by the article is JA kept the girls Monday afternoon. With her being the one who called the LE I am rather surprised he would consider it because of the type person he is and the anger I would have thought he had towards her.

I'm sure we'll get more illumination on this at some point...

as for me I'm exhausted, tomorrow is a work day, and I'm off to bed!

g'night!

Today is Grand Jury day for CPD.

Its been nearly 6 weeks w/ no arrest.
DNA analysis can take months.
Plus, the DA will want time to review the CPD case before pulling the trigger.

The thing is, this is not an official report...it's a news report and the accuracy of it is not verified. News reporters often get little details wrong--for instance in today's newscast they said "friends of Nancy's created a memorial at JJ to celebrate her Bday." But that's not accurate because the people who did it never met Nancy and thus were not friends of hers--just community members. A small detail, but an important distincti.

Sleuthy is right. The news reporter did get that detail wrong. "Friends of Nancy Cooper" did NOT create "...a memorial at Java Jive to celebrate her Bday."

No, indeed. *I* alone created a memorial at Java Jive, spent two days and several hundred dollars of my own money, MY CHOICE, in honor of Nancy's memory and in honor of her birthday that she never was able to celebrate here on this earth.

The news reporter had no way of knowing this because I didn't want to be named. No one asked me anyway. I don't mind if people think the celebration at Java Jive was put together by friends. I never knew Nancy. I live near her, though. I wanted to do something for her and my community, as well as do something that brings forward the www.websleuths.com community. There are so many on the forum at www.websleuths.com who care and add their personal experiences and knowledge of this case, as well as people worldwide who post at Websleuths regarding this murder and Michelle Young's murder--another woman in our community here.

I did, and I am happy with that. No name of mine is needed. The celebration did what it was meant to do by me: bring the community together in awareness of Nancy's birthday to remember her and to remember that there is still a murderer out there. Most of all, it is meant to gather the book of birthday wishes from people who come in to write in it, as well as the children whom I hope will draw their little pictures in the children's drawing pages, so that I can send all of that to Nancy's family.

I won't even be there to watch the celebration when the news folks show up today around 4 PM. I will be at home. *I* am not the important one in this event. No one knows me or needs me. I have done what I meant to do and that's it. Now to watch people enjoy it, I hope. I know that it isn't professional looking, and the place was HECK to try and find a focal point or space to put anything. Did what I had to. Thanks to Sherry, the owner of Java Jive because she knew Nancy and allowed me to "mess up" her store for Nancy's birthday.

Java Jive in Lochmere will always be a warm connection for our community. Besides, I am now dependent upon frappes with full fat/full sugar, whipped cream, and lemon poppy seed cake.

I will add to my post above, that other Websleuths may have come in the Java Jive shop to contribute photos to this celebration. Most of all, Topsail Girl is the one who contacted the TV media. She must have connections! Thanks to you Topsail Girl. MomOf3Kids, SleuthyGal and others are helping behind the scenes, from what I've read here. I do hope that someone will speak at the news gathering today. Sleuthy?? I do not do public speaking. Not since college when I had to do it to graduate and nearly croaked of fright.

So, in the end, *I* alone did not do all of this myself.

Websleuths are hopefully adding to this celebration, now that I am out of the picture.

Sleuthy is right. The news reporter did get that detail wrong. "Friends of Nancy Cooper" did NOT create "...a memorial at Java Jive to celebrate her Bday."

No, indeed. *I* alone created a memorial at Java Jive, spent two days and several hundred dollars of my own money, MY CHOICE, in honor of Nancy's memory and in honor of her birthday that she never was able to celebrate here on this earth.

The news reporter had no way of knowing this because I didn't want to be named. No one asked me anyway. I don't mind if people think the celebration at Java Jive was put together by friends. I never knew Nancy. I live near her, though. I wanted to do something for her and my community, as well as do something that brings forward the www.websleuths.com community. There are so many on the forum at www.websleuths.com who care and add their personal experiences and knowledge of this case, as well as people worldwide who post at Websleuths regarding this murder and Michelle Young's murder--another woman in our community here.

I did, and I am happy with that. No name of mine is needed. The celebration did what it was meant to do by me: bring the community together in awareness of Nancy's birthday to remember her and to remember that there is still a murderer out there. Most of all, it is meant to gather the book of birthday wishes from people who come in to write in it, as well as the children whom I hope will draw their little pictures in the children's drawing pages, so that I can send all of that to Nancy's family.

I won't even be there to watch the celebration when the news folks show up today around 4 PM. I will be at home. *I* am not the important one in this event. No one knows me or needs me. I have done what I meant to do and that's it. Now to watch people enjoy it, I hope. I know that it isn't professional looking, and the place was HECK to try and find a focal point or space to put anything. Did what I had to. Thanks to Sherry, the owner of Java Jive because she knew Nancy and allowed me to "mess up" her store for Nancy's birthday.

Java Jive in Lochmere will always be a warm connection for our community. Besides, I am now dependent upon frappes with full fat/full sugar, whipped cream, and lemon poppy seed cake.

NCNative,

While you might not have known NC while she was alive, you have shown yourself to be a friend to her all the same. You had the idea of putting up a wreath to begin with, and it sort of morphed into the birthday memorial. I think you did an outstanding job. I acknowledge the assistance of the other folks who are helping, and I think the overall effect will be tremendous.

I live nearby, but not in Lochmere. I have driven past JJ on occasion, but never visited there. I might have to change that today. I do not want to deal with the media on this issue, not because I would always avoid that, I used to be a DJ on a radio station, and surely not because I am worried about BC, but like you, I feel that the focus should be on NC, and this memorial shows this to be the case.

I tip my hat to you for your efforts!

CyberPro

I totally agree..that is why it took me by surprise to see this. If it is true that they searched the vehicles on Monday then it is hard to understand what the purse was doing out there for 3 days.

The other surprise by the article is JA kept the girls Monday afternoon. With her being the one who called the LE I am rather surprised he would consider it because of the type person he is and the anger I would have thought he had towards her.
That would blow our theroy of JA seeing the purse and/or phone in NC's car. There is no way she would have allowed anyone to leave it there, or she would at least have brought it to LE's or someone's attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph