Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newest news.

He wants the custody battle dismissed.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3560629/

FWIW and IMHO, this latest filing is just for show. He already played his hand, serving all Nancy's friends first. He knows everyone expected him to do this.

I don't believe Brad wants those girls other than to 'control them' and to help 'prove he's innocent.' I mean, IF he hadn't asked for them back, EVERYONE would say he's most likely guilty. By fighting the custody, it at least gives him some facade of innocence.

Nah, he shot off all the cra* to Nancy's friends because they dared to say a bad word about him and those documents were filed for revenge. THIS most recent filing is just part of the regular old game.

Too late, the true Brad Cooper has already shown his face. :mad:

JMHO
fran

Why didn't he fight for custody at the 7/25 hearing? I don't understand why he agreed to the plaintiffs having additional custody time. Could this motion just be for offensive posturing?

yes, between that and being skeered

Everyone on WS would be filtered out by the voir dire... so yes. :)

One of the benefits of being on WS - one has the opportunity to learn how the judicial system actually works instead of the preconceived tv presentations.

Well done !:clap:

One of the benefits of being on WS - one has the opportunity to learn how the judicial system actually works instead of the preconceived tv presentations.

Well done !:clap:

This is the place I got most of my edu-macashun LOL :crazy: I actually learned how to spell voir dire and pronounce it correctly right here on this site .

While my MBA came from a traditional school, I got my Ph.D. and J.D. from Google University! :wink:

How ironic that Brad boy did nothing but whine about Nancy costing him money while she was alive and now his lunch money is dwindling really fast and he is still whining...:bang:

Seems he likes to whine and to have his money piled up. Those days are done I think - don't make much making license plates.

While my MBA came from a traditional school, I got my Ph.D. and J.D. from Google University! :wink:

Uhhh... SG... given this case... care to share exactly where and when did you get your MBA... (just checking). :crazy: ;) ;)

Hi all! I just registered today, but I've been reading your boards for several weeks now. I am very intrigued by the details of some of these cases - and if my circumstances allowed it, I'd go to school to study criminology - but this one in particular has me glued to your forum because I live in Lochmere. I never met Nancy personally, but had seen her out running from time to time.

It is so terribly sad to think what her family is going through and to think about her adorable little girls growing up without their mommy. I really hope they get some resolution to this case very soon. I shop at the HT and am always scanning the crowd so I won't bump into BC.

Anyway...I've enjoyed "getting to know" all of you by reading your posts...and hopefully I'll have something valuable to contribute at some point as well.

Hi all! I just registered today, but I've been reading your boards for several weeks now. I am very intrigued by the details of some of these cases - and if my circumstances allowed it, I'd go to school to study criminology - but this one in particular has me glued to your forum because I live in Lochmere. I never met Nancy personally, but had seen her out running from time to time.

It is so terribly sad to think what her family is going through and to think about her adorable little girls growing up without their mommy. I really hope they get some resolution to this case very soon. I shop at the HT and am always scanning the crowd so I won't bump into BC.

Anyway...I've enjoyed "getting to know" all of you by reading your posts...and hopefully I'll have something valuable to contribute at some point as well.
Welcome, Butterfly! We may be neighbors. Hope you will join us sometime for a meet-up to discuss the case.

Welcome! So nice to have you here!

Welcome NC_butterfly !

I have no doubt that at some point you will have something valuable to say. Don't be shy ! :)

Why didn't he fight for custody at the 7/25 hearing? I don't understand why he agreed to the plaintiffs having additional custody time. Could this motion just be for offensive posturing?

I still don't understand that at all.

Does anyone else remember that one of the conditions that was part of the arrangement/agreement made on J 25th is that the two parties stop publicly attacking each other??:confused:

I am almost sure that was included in one of the media reports that day and I am trying to find it. If that is case, is it possible that his recent activity has broken that agreement? I remember thinking that he was probably silent for so long because of that agreement. I could be wrong though.

I still don't understand that at all.

Does anyone else remember that one of the conditions that was part of the arrangement/agreement made on J 25th is that the two parties stop publicly attacking each other??:confused:

I am almost sure that was included in one of the media reports that day and I am trying to find it. If that is case, is it possible that his recent activity has broken that agreement? I remember thinking that he was probably silent for so long because of that agreement. I could be wrong though.

You are correct Anderson - it is stated in the Memorandom of Judgement from the 25th that this was not to be allowed.

http://www.wral.com/asset/news/local/2008/07/25/3282832/July_25_memorandum_of_judgment_order.pdf

Hope the link helps - if not it is posted above in the legal docs thread.

Is it possible that his recent activity has broken that agreement? I remember thinking that he was probably silent for so long because of that agreement. I could be wrong though.

I guess I missed where he publicly attacked the Rentz family recently...(even in the submitted subpoenas - not sure I see anything that I'd categorize as a "attack" on the plaintiffs) Maybe I missed something?

somehow I don't think that it applies to court documents

I would agree. I also think the case could be made that the obvious attacks on the K & B website could be argued as being made by the lawyer and not Brad boy.

I guess I missed where he publicly attacked the Rentz family recently...(even in the submitted subpoenas - not sure I see anything that I'd categorize as a "attack" on the plaintiffs) Maybe I missed something?

I don't think "attack" was actually used in the media report that I heard, and I still have to look at the document that RC mentioned. Slander?

I agree that he has not attacked them any more than he did in the affidavits that were released prior to July 25th. These were the only public statements that BC had made at that point regarding the Rentz family. He has never talked to the media about them. So, I suppose I thought that this agreement would include more public affidavits etc. I thought, at the time, that all would have to wait for the next custody hearing before responding to documents etc. that had been made public. But, as you can tell, I am not very clear on this. As I see from RC's comments below, this may well not include legal documents.

BC has suggested in the past that NC's Mother and Krista are not physically capable of taking care of the children, and I think that they are trying to take this further by asking for medical documents etc. I agree that this is not exactly an attack, but BC and his Lawyers are certainly implying that they are not capable of taking the children. I am sure that there are other examples along the same lines.

Hi all! I just registered today, {snip} I live in Lochmere. I never met Nancy personally, but had seen her out running from time to time.

WELCOME NC_Butterfly! Glad you're joining in to the discussion. I'm a Caryite too, but not in that neighborhood. I make the occasional pilgrimage to the HT too, though I'm about 5 mi. away so it's not as convenient for quick store runs. But it's always worth it. We have a nice little community here--some super smart folks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea