Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.wral.com/news/local/video/3709940/

In the beginning of 7 of 10 deposition while tape is rolling and conversation is not being held with BC watch his non-verbal behaviors. Really made me uncomfortable; the way he looks straight at the camera and then spins his wedding ring around. Not that this behavior implies his involvement in anyway, just "creepy" as JWB would say, to me.

I flove the CRS BS Syndrome LMAO!!!

His repeated use of the word punishment is, imo, very insightful, and I'm wondering if his arrogance is blinding him to the fact that he's being so obvious (so helpful about describing how he thinks and acts).

We can see in the various affys that he routinely punished her when she made him angry, and he's projecting his own behaviors onto her by implying that she did the same. This is a huge key in understanding his (dysfunctional) personality and behavior.

In addition the idea that one adult can/does 'punish' another adult is so fundamentally wrong that it makes me cringe. --But it does highlight his passive-aggressive tendencies quite nicely and is something that should be taken into consideration in a custody case as well as a potential murder case.

I agree with all the above. We're getting insight into how he interpreted NC's behavior. It's very immature but also very common probably. And an immature father is not great for children. If the father has the ability to see all his issues thru ongoing therapy, he could become a much more mature and better father. IF is the word there.

To me, the big thing is-is he a murderer? If he's not, then he's certainly not the only immature father out there, and I find it a little scary that your children could be taken from you without an extremely good reason. Think of all the messed-up families where the social worker tries to work with them to do better, rather than break up the family.

jmo

Geeze - I tried most of last evening to get back here to WS after seeing my big mess up. Need to correct the number of times that Brad said Nancy was punishing him - to 7 - I messed up big time. Sorry everyone and I guess even Brad. Still in his world Nancy punished him a lot according to him. Right about now he probably thinks she is still punishing him I think. Can't be his fault.

Again sorry folks. Will now check posts for errors before posting. :crazy:

jmflu - you asked earlier if anyone took notes from the depositions. I took a few, for example over the length of the 10 segments Brad says Nancy was punishing him 27 times, with respect to various issues. I think he has a persecution complex :crazy:

Fascinating... I didn't take any notes but later thought that would have been a good idea...

I didn't take notes either and I have defended the possibility that Brad could be innocent since Day 1. After watching some of the tapes, my OPINION is that he is a guilty man. I would not convict him in court right now but this case is all about finding enough pieces to prove it. I think Brad has some real issues in caring for people. I suspect his household was not all peaches and cream growing up. Nancy had issues of her own, but did not deserve to die over it.

I think Brad is pretty meticulous and intelligent. I hope the truth comes out.

I didn't take notes either and I have defended the possibility that Brad could be innocent since Day 1. After watching some of the tapes, my OPINION is that he is a guilty man. I would not convict him in court right now but this case is all about finding enough pieces to prove it. I think Brad has some real issues in caring for people. I suspect his household was not all peaches and cream growing up. Nancy had issues of her own, but did not deserve to die over it.

I agree. Clearly there was something not-so-right in his household growing up. And he does appear both meticulous and intelligent.

Hey Roy, we are agreeing! WOW. :woohoo:

Thanks so much, Tarheellvr, I wanted to respond earlier, but I didn't have time. And, I am very glad that things are better for you now.:)

Yes, much better as I discovered there ARE good men in this world....20+ years married to my "dream husband" :)

:blowkiss: Andersen Your vindication of mine and others feelings/life/predicament is valued immensely. I enjoy all your posts....you're an asset to this forum!

Yes, much better as I discovered there ARE good men in this world....20+ years married to my "dream husband" :)

:blowkiss: Andersen Your vindication of mine and others feelings/life/predicament is valued immensely. I enjoy all your posts....you're an asset to this forum!

I agree!

All I can think about this AM are Bella, Katie, and the Rentz family. I hope tomorrow is "their" day and those precious children go back to Canada where they belong and where I feel in my heart Nancy wants them to be.

If any of the Rentz family reads this forum, please know my positive thoughts and prayers are with you. I have confidence tomorrow will have you going home with Bella and Katie in tow.

How fortunate Bella and Katie are to have you!!

All I can think about this AM are Bella, Katie, and the Rentz family. I hope tomorrow is "their" day and those precious children go back to Canada where they belong and where I feel in my heart Nancy wants them to be.

If any of the Rentz family reads this forum, please know my positive thoughts and prayers are with you. I have confidence tomorrow will have you going home with Bella and Katie in tow.

I agree again!

Those children deserve to be with their dad, and belong with their dad unless or until he is arrested and convicted for the murder of their mom. Dads have rights too.

Roy, I agree. There's much to be said for a person's upbringing (what they experienced that affected how they are today, the nurturing "style", family dynamics, even how other children treated him growing up).

RC: as to your typo for Brad's Cinderella/Stepmother comments of "poor me", I'm sure that you would've heard from a poster or two who "hold court" over what we post here. You would've gotten the stick from someone eventually..."ummm... RC, I have revisited all of my notes on BC's punishment comments and only counted 7, therefore I will have to ask you to testify on WS how you came to this decision. Otherwise, there will have to be a proper thread for these types of discussions." Ha ha. :D:poke:

Those children deserve to be with their dad, and belong with their dad unless or until he is arrested and convicted for the murder of their mom. Dads have rights too.

I think you make a point here. I, too, will feel very sorry for Brad and those children if he just so happened to be innocent. But to give him those kids now or to take them away forever now is a very big mistake. Something needs to be worked out for now until no reasonable doubt exists.

So, basically what you believe is, NO ONE is responsible for Nancy's murder at this time, because no one has been found guilty. The fact that all signs lead to one person and he is most likely guilty means nothing to you as far as childcare?

I agree. Clearly there was something not-so-right in his household growing up. And he does appear both meticulous and intelligent.

Hey Roy, we are agreeing! WOW. :woohoo:

Yes, I can't believe I am agreeing with Roy, too! Roy, do you have a fever or maybe a prodromal syndrome coming down on you? (JK):D:D:HBwhiteflag:

Yes, I can't believe I am agreeing with Roy, too! Roy, do you have a fever or maybe a prodromal syndrome coming down on you? (JK):D:D:HBwhiteflag:

Actually, I have been saying some of these things since day 1. It wasn't until I read the warrants and saw the affidavits that I had any reason to base my opinion.

Actually, I have been saying some of these things since day 1. It wasn't until I read the warrants and saw the affidavits that I had any reason to base my opinion.

Well, something has changed. Maybe it is just the way you are communicating

Anyhoo, I like it. :blowkiss:

So, basically what you believe is, NO ONE is responsible for Nancy's murder at this time, because no one has been found guilty. The fact that all signs lead to one person and he is most likely guilty means nothing to you as far as childcare?

I don't see any facts that lead to one person. As I've stated many times, he is the likely person to have done this. But nothing shown to date about the events of that morning show that he did this. I haven't seen anything yet that refutes his version of events that morning. Being a jerk and a cheater doesn't make him a murderer. He has given a moment by moment account of his version of what went on that morning. I haven't seen anything that contradicts his version yet.

So as the kids father, he deserves custody of HIS kids. If he is charged, temporary custody should be given to someone else. If he is convicted, permanent custody should be given to someone else. Until then, he deserves custody.

Well, something has changed. Maybe it is just the way you are communicating

Anyhoo, I like it. :blowkiss:

There are many victims in this case. Not very often, but sometimes, a spouse becomes an innocent victim of abuse by the media and people like us. Just because a spouse is guilty 90 % of the time, it doesn't make up for what 10% go through after just having their world turned upside down. Just think---if Brad were innocent what he would be going through. Even if he is a cheater and a bad husband, it would be unfair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AMK