Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's really weird is WHY the CPD would not have followed this up. Why wouldn't they? What possible reason could it be? Did this really occur? Can this woman produce the business card the officer gave her?

This is just too weird. I am looking forward to the CPD coming forward to tell us if this happened and if so, why it wasn't followed up on.

Perhaps they had other people who thought they saw Nancy and they discounted it for whatever reason? Valid or not? After all, it doesn't prove Brad didn't kill Nancy, so what is the deal here??

It does certainly beg the question, how many other folks have reported similar information to LE without receiving follow-up? Maybe there's a ton of folks out there who saw her, and other stuff, but LE has been fairly focused on BC, so they haven't had time to respond (yet) to some of the other leads?

It does certainly beg the question, how many other folks have reported similar information to LE without receiving follow-up? Maybe there's a ton of folks out there who saw her, and other stuff, but LE has been fairly focused on BC, so they haven't had time to respond (yet) to some of the other leads?

They should have had time, since that was the entire reason they were out there canvassing the neighborhood with flyers... right?

What's really weird is WHY the CPD would not have followed this up. Why wouldn't they? What possible reason could it be? Did this really occur? Can this woman produce the business card the officer gave her?

This is just too weird. I am looking forward to the CPD coming forward to tell us if this happened and if so, why it wasn't followed up on.

Perhaps they had other people who thought they saw Nancy and they discounted it for whatever reason? Valid or not? After all, it doesn't prove Brad didn't kill Nancy, so what is the deal here??

If the woman she saw was NC, I'd say that comes pretty darn close to proving BC didn't kill NC.

Others have said LE is very busy, and until we've walked in their shoes, its hard to pass judgment. So, just to give them the benefit of the doubt, I'm sure LE is planning on personally interviewing this woman (and the many potential others who may have contacted them with info) at some point. These things take time y'all... it's only been 3 months... c'mon, the forensics aren't even back yet... what's the rush...

It still seems very suspicious to me that she went to K&B. Why not the media? After all, if she knew how to get in touch with K&B, then she must have been following the case somewhat, and the media would have been a much more neutral place to report that she saw Nancy than the very entity that needed a break the day before the custody hearing...

If the woman she saw was NC, I'd say that comes pretty darn close to proving BC didn't kill NC.

I disagree! It doesn't change many other things, just our perception of how it happened! You still have a woman strangled, which is a very personal way to kill someone. You still have hair in the unusually clean trunk. You still have a man that did not appear at any ceremony given in his wife's honor. You still have hair in the wheel well. You still have a witness, according to Mom, who said BC asked her to swipe NC's card.

It doesn't prove anything, but it certainly throws a twist into this very strange and unique case.

It still seems very suspicious to me that she went to K&B. Why not the media? After all, if she knew how to get in touch with K&B, then she must have been following the case somewhat, and the media would have been a much more neutral place to report that she saw Nancy than the very entity that needed a break the day before the custody hearing...

She certainly didn't have a 'short-fuse' in going to K&B though. She states that after nearly 3 months of waiting and trying to get in touch with CPD, she finally engage K&B. That would have been just within a week or so ago. Her affy is dated Oct 9th. Wasn't like she hadn't waited patiently after trying the official channels. To me, K&B seems a reasonable next step. Wonder how many other witness K&B has that resorted to the same action? There may be dozens of folks who saw NC that day, but that CPD hasn't yet had the time to interview... Who knows.

Maybe she wanted to stay out of the media. Why did JWB go to the Rentz family attorney instead of the media? I think going to K&B was appropriate since the CPD wasn't responding.

What I would like to know is why there is, once again, no description of Nancy's clothes. This woman goes to great lengths to describe her eye sight, how close they were, how she said hello, that Nancy had a long face, but yet the only description of Nancy's clothes she can give is the same one Brad gave (which he later admitted he didn't see her leave and didn't know), except for the light blue tennis shoes.

Sorry but something is missing.

They should have had time, since that was the entire reason they were out there canvassing the neighborhood with flyers... right?

One would certainly think... but who knows... I'm just trying to give LE the benefit of the doubt here... maybe they're just really busy, I mean we can't expect them to talk to everyone overnight, right?

Maybe she wanted to stay out of the media. Why did JWB go to the Rentz family attorney instead of the media? I think going to K&B was appropriate since the CPD wasn't responding.

Good point...

This affidavit is absolutely shocking. She seems 100% sure the person was NC and called the police to report it. How on earth could the CPD not follow up with this, other than it doesn't fit the BC did it theory. She even tried telling them multiple times. She also explains what she was wearing.

This is by far the most stunning affidavit to date. So what do all of you 100% guilty folks think of this? She doesn't know BC or NC and would have no reason to lie (apparently).

Maybe the police had enough information in their discussion with her to know that it was not Nancy that she had seen. And that this was why she was not interviewed further. There may be things about the description that enabled the police to discount this sighting early on. Pretty sure if they had this tip, they would have acted on it, unless they were able to discount it early on.

Or, maybe the police had enough information in the earliest stages of the investigation to know that Nancy never left the house to go running.

What I would like to know is why there is, once again, no description of Nancy's clothes. This woman goes to great lengths to describe her eye sight, how close they were, how she said hello, that Nancy had a long face, but yet the only description of Nancy's clothes she can give is the same one Brad gave (which he later admitted he didn't see her leave and didn't know), except for the light blue tennis shoes.

Sorry but something is missing.

I was quite impressed with the amount of detail she did recall. I would say it's more than the average person would remember about someone they happened to see on a summer Saturday morning in the neighborhood.

Will be interesting to see how many other folks have already come forward who have seen her also...

One would certainly think... but who knows... I'm just trying to give LE the benefit of the doubt here... maybe they're just really busy, I mean we can't expect them to talk to everyone overnight, right?

Certainly not if their story didn't add up in one way or another... now, say this woman is sympathetic towards Brad, might she have stated things a little stronger in her affidavit or a little differently than she did to LE?

I'm not trying to discredit her, just trying to make sense of it all...

Here we go. It's that kind of public opinion BS that keeps people from coming forward. You are so convinced that NC's friends are so above reproach that they could not possibly have exaggerated, but this woman, who lives in the neighborhood, will no doubt be made out to be a nut case. It's disgusting. Who in their right mind would go to the media? If she had gone to the media, everyone would start screaming that she was just trying to get face time on tv. You are just going to have to come to grips with the fact that HE MAY BE TELLING THE TRUTH!

I disagree! It doesn't change many other things, just our perception of how it happened! You still have a woman strangled, which is a very personal way to kill someone. You still have hair in the unusually clean trunk. You still have a man that did not appear at any ceremony given in his wife's honor. You still have hair in the wheel well. You still have a witness, according to Mom, who said BC asked her to swipe NC's card.

It doesn't prove anything, but it certainly throws a twist into this very strange and unique case.

With regards to the hair in the trunk and wheel well, we don't know who it belongs to or anything about them since all we've seen is the search warrant.

With regards to mom's witnesses, they've already proven to be wrong since I think we can pretty much rule out a 4:20 am trip to HT. BC said he went to LTF to see if she had been there. Maybe he asked if she had swiped her card and someone over heard it, or through discussion with others, it got changed to he asked for them to swipe it. Haven't you played the game where someone whispers something to someone, who then tells another, etc...and then see how much it got changed by the end of the chain? I don't hold any credibility to mt3ks witnesses.

I was quite impressed with the amount of detail she did recall. I would say it's more than the average person would remember about someone they happened to see on a summer Saturday morning in the neighborhood.

Will be interesting to see how many other folks have already come forward who have seen her also...

And isn't it WEIRD that she stated that she saw no one else that morning?!

How does THAT happen after daylight on a Saturday morning in that area?

What detail - other than what can be seen in the flyer ? What color shirt - just light ? You look someone in the eye but don't notice the color of the shirt but acknowledge it was "light" ?

There is no detail - it is a repitition of what she saw in a flyer - which she admits to looking at. Baloney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname