Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning all:)
They have updated some great pictures of Nancy and her wonderful family on WRAL
http://www.wral.com/news/local/image_gallery/3208444/
also I thought this was interesting
"Brett Adam, a friend of the Coopers' whose wife reported her missing Saturday afternoon, said: "Brad is himself suffering enormously. One of the things I've said is that it's all too easy to slip into rumor."
Do you think he is staying w/The Adams?
http://www.newsobserver.com/news/crime_safety/story/1144227.html

Good morning and thanks for the links Celt. I bet the friends he is staying with is the Adams.

Thanks for telling us about the pics, Celt. :)

Such beautiful happy pictures! :(

I feel forebodingly bad for Brett Adam. I grimace to think about how he may feel if it turns out to be Brad who was responsible.

Morning all - caught up with last nights posts. Some interesting things for sure. Now having a bit of time to think things sure look a bit more unsettled. Just a couple of thoughts.

For example, having gone through many links, it seems that Nancy was murdered at a time which statistically probably should not have happened. If one has a stalker say, the stalker is very aware of routines. In Nancy's case there seems to be a significant break from her normal routines on the very day she disappears. Isn't that odd ? The highlight being that were a stalker involved, the stalker would have had to intercept her at her home. I say that because it appears her habit was to drive to a coffee house prior to running and to start her run from that location instead of from her home. Her car was still at home in the garage. Would a stalker/stranger be so bold as to intercept her in her own home before she got to the garage ? I don't think so.

Another break with routine appears to be associated with the location of her body. From the searches, Brad apparently supplied the information of what her normal routes were but yet she was found just outside the Cary limit, which was not one of the areas her husband identified as a route. She could have been transported there no doubt but would someone really take the chance of murdering someone in broad daylight and transporting a body in broad daylight as well ? Even Bobbie Cutts was smart enough to do that in the middle of the night.

Thanks NC Banker for the jog about routines - i.e. how you get up. Kind of proves the point that humans are creatures of habit. One has to wonder why Nancy's habit's were broken so dramaticaally on the day she happens to end up murdered.

Thanks for telling us about the pics, Celt. :)

Such beautiful happy pictures! :(

yes just heartbreaking! I wonder how her family is doing and where they are staying..would hate to have to stay in a hotel at a time like this...(hope they are getting to visit the kids)

Wasn't Adams the person Nancy was also going to help with some painting job after her morning jog?

If so, she may have called to solidify details for the next day. It may be those details that caused her to immediately notice something wasn't right the next day when she called Brad looking for Nancy.

Yes, EnvoyDriver61, Jessica Adams was the person that Nancy was going to help paint, and also the one who reported her missing.

We will know for sure at some point, I think.

:)

Yes, EnvoyDriver61, Jessica Adams was the person that Nancy was going to help paint, and also the one who reported her missing.

We will know for sure at some point, I think.

:)

Jessica Adams was the one who called police. When Nancy didn't show up to paint Jessica called Brad and he told her she never returned from her run from 7:30 that morning.

Wasn't Adams the person Nancy was also going to help with some painting job after her morning jog?

If so, she may have called to solidify details for the next day. It may be those details that caused her to immediately notice something wasn't right the next day when she called Brad looking for Nancy.

Good point. I can't seem to be able to invent a reason for a friend to be calling 911 because a friend didn't show up to paint, nor can I seem to be able to invent a reason for same friend to make this call after speaking with the friend's husband and he wasn't worried enough to call 911 himself.

Seems to me either Brad wasn't terribly worried or he said just enough of the wrong things to inspire the Adams woman to take it upon herself to call 911. Wouldn't be the first time a possible murderer manipulated someone else into calling 911 for them.

yes just heartbreaking! I wonder how her family is doing and where they are staying..would hate to have to stay in a hotel at a time like this...(hope they are getting to visit the kids)

I know this may sound odd, but I wonder how the girls are coping with having someone identical to their mom around, but their mom is not there. I wonder if it would/could be confusing for them?

There will be a live link here. Link isn't up yet.

http://www.wral.com/

Cary police plan to hold another news conference at 9 a.m. today to update the public on the murder case of Nancy Cooper, a 34-year-old mother of two. Watch it LIVE on WRAL.com.

See, I can come in handy sometimes!

2wex5l3.gif
2u74ryd.jpg
Awww, Jovin! You just made my whole day! Thanks! :) You come in handy all the time. :blowkiss:

I know this may sound odd, but I wonder how the girls are coping with having someone identical to their mom around, but their mom is not there. I wonder if it would/could be confusing for them?
The girls probably are comforted by the resemblance. They can tell them apart much easier than we can tho. I always thought that Nichole Brown Simpson and her sister looked almost identical (not even twins).

Good point!!! I bet Bella know's her Aunt..but the little one... If he did do this..I hope she gets them..

The girls probably are comforted by the resemblance. They can tell them apart much easier than we can tho. I always thought that Nichole Brown Simpson and her sister looked almost identical (not even twins).

I thought the same thing about Nichole and Denise SS. I was really suprised they were not twins.:)

Good point. I can't seem to be able to invent a reason for a friend to be calling 911 because a friend didn't show up to paint, nor can I seem to be able to invent a reason for same friend to make this call after speaking with the friend's husband and he wasn't worried enough to call 911 himself.

Seems to me either Brad wasn't terribly worried or he said just enough of the wrong things to inspire the Adams woman to take it upon herself to call 911. Wouldn't be the first time a possible murderer manipulated someone else into calling 911 for them.

I wonder if Nancy confided in her friend that she was going to leave Brad. Giving the reasons why, and she was just worried about her friend and was just calling at different times to check in and offer support for a friend going through a rough time. I know I have done this for a friend that I was worried about.

I think Jessica Adam knew something we don't about what was going on between Brad and Nancy's situation the night before. It is probably part of the reason she was alarmed when Nancy didn't call or show up the next day. Her first gut reaction was correct. (I do not suspect Jessica was in any way the person people are discussing as a possible mistress here.)

I've been wondering about a few things concerning Brad. I don't want to rush to a conclusion one way or the other, but certainly some questions come to my mind.

1. As I mentioned yesterday, IF they were having marital problems, she may very well have told him "I will be back when I am back...Oh...and I have other plans today so you are in charge of the girls". I certainly might have said something like that to someone I want to divorce.
2. IF he is responsible...why wouldn't he have called the police to cover his tracks and make himself look concerned.
3. I didn't ever hear that he went to the party with her the night before. IMO they were trying to avoid eachother and were not necessarily try to to socialize together.
4. I understand SHE go home some time after midnight (might have come in...put the car in the garage and left her purse, keys, etc in the car in the garage). But I never heard where the car was the next day. What car did she drive to the party, or did she walk?

These things don't add up for me either way?

I think it was stated somewhere yesterday that Adams made the call because her conversation with Brad left her feeling uneasy. I don't remember the exact wording. Also, the Carrie coversation between them was odd.

There will be a live link here. Link isn't up yet.

http://www.wral.com/

Cary police plan to hold another news conference at 9 a.m. today to update the public on the murder case of Nancy Cooper, a 34-year-old mother of two. Watch it LIVE on WRAL.com.

Thanks Suzi :)

Yesterday the link only became active about 1 minute before they began.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member