Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is some hard hitting lawyering being done by BC's attorneys.

Personally, I think they have nothing to lose by asking for the autopsy information to be revealed. It's going to come out at some point, and the quicker the better for him, as all information may not be available, plus if there was no evidence on her body connecting the crime to him, the release is in his favor.

If the speculation on this board that the DA intends to present to the Grand Jury next week is correct, then if I were the family's attorneys I would ask for an extension of the temporary custody given the gravity of the defense motions (for example, time to find new counsel and for the judge to consider the disqualification motion) in the hope that an arrest would come before the real hearing and hopefully the public presentation of evidence against BC that would swing the equities of the custody matter back towards my clients.

Like it or not, he is the father of the daughters and the removal of them from his custody is and should be attainable only by meeting a very high burden.

Although I thought perhaps he would not fight, there are two possible reasons for him to fight hard now. One, he's innocent. Two, he committed the crime but believes he should have his daughters and/or also if this is going to be tried in the press doing it before LE has all the evidence together is the best time to do it.

Interesting new developments...seems the lawyers are revving this up.

Here is the irony: Assuming BC did murder his wife because he didn't want to split up the finances in a divorce...he is about to spend it all on this very diligent attorney.

Not to mention, he probably isn't working these days so how long will Cisco keep him on the payroll? And it seems they were living a lifestyle beyond their means, anyway (didn't they take out equity loans?)

Apparently 45,000 in debt also. Wasn't that the amount of the equity loan too? I can't recall for sure.

Holy CARP!!! Have y'all read this???? :confused:

Any comments??? Anyone believe any of it???

http://dig.abclocal.go.com/wtvd/cooper_affidavit.pdf

We really have no reason to doubt any of his affidavit. Sure, he may be coloring some of the events in the best possible light, but the parts relative to the grandparents filing are right in line with what I had imagined was the truth and the rest of it, we really have no idea, but it all sounds possible and everything can be reasonably believed.

I'll also say (no offense intended to anyone), but we now have testimony under oath about the "bleach" and not just a third-hand rumor.

http://www.newsobserver.com/2864/story/1151638.html
Didn't see this posted..to me it looks like they were broke...and Brad was about to be "broker"
, "Bradley Cooper had granted his wife the right to return to Canada with the girls, and the couple had agreed to list their home for sale at a price of $370,000. The proceeds of that sale were to pay off the home's mortgage, the loan on Nancy Cooper's BMW X5, the balances on three credit cards and a loan against Bradley Cooper's 401k.
Bradley Cooper was to have paid Nancy Cooper $2,100 a month in child support beginning May 1, 2008, and to cover Bella and Katie's tuition at a mutually agreed upon private school from kindergarten through high school.

We really have no reason to doubt any of his affidavit. Sure, he may be coloring some of the events in the best possible light, but the parts relative to the grandparents filing are right in line with what I had imagined was the truth and the rest of it, we really have no idea, but it all sounds possible and everything can be reasonably believed.

I'll also say (no offense intended to anyone), but we now have testimony under oath about the "bleach" and not just a third-hand rumor.

I agree.

Well, this is Brad's 'side' and will not be backed by anyone.
Nancy's family and friends will speak for Nancy. Look for his 'list' to be cut to shreds in a courtroom.

I'm sure there's photos of him in the paddle boats; He most likely has credit card receipts; Both therapists will file affidavits; The Harris-Teeter purchases are recorded on video and in the computers; The cops can testify about the transfer; I've never believed the withholding money for food allegation and I really don't see much in his testimony that couldn't be easily verified.

ETA: ...and his cellphone records should show the phone call about the juice and unless one of the kids called or he had an accomplice in the cover-up, it could be reasonably assumed that Nancy was alive at 6:40 on Saturday morning.

This might be a stupid question but what does the autopsy report have to do with the custody issue?

Nancy Cooper's family's attorney, Alice Stubbs, also filed numerous affidavits on the matter late Wednesday afternoon .Friends and neighbors also testify to the tension of the marriage and claim Nancy Cooper was trapped in the marriage. Jessica Adam, who reported Nancy Cooper missing, stated in an affidavit: "I believe that Brad murdered Nancy."

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3256442/

This might be a stupid question but what does the autopsy report have to do with the custody issue?

The autopsy report could show that there was evidence someone other than Brad committed the crime and if he didn't kill his wife, the grandparent's case doesn't have a leg to stand.

Here's my thing with the Harris Teeter trip for "bleach". Why would he address that? It has never been confirmed or denied by any Law Enforcement so why does he feel the need to address that. One of his ex girlfriends said that if he was not behind bars that he would have his head in the laptop even said he could be here reading. I wonder if he is. Why else would he address a rumor. I don't believe Nancy's parents ever brought up anything about the bleach either - at least nothing mentioned was mentioned in the emergency custody order. So why address that? If it isn't true - who cares????

I'm sure there's photos of him in the paddle boats; He most likely has credit card receipts; Both therapists will file affidavits; The Harris-Teeter purchases are recorded on video and in the computers; The cops can testify about the transfer; I've never believed the withholding money for food allegation and I really don't see much in his testimony that couldn't be easily verified.

He sure sounds like SuperDad. I found myself thinking that if he were the mom, he wouldn't have had to say all that stuff... it would have been expected of a mom, but not of a dad, and I think that is sad.
ANYWAY. I agree that much of what he said can be verified (or not) by receits and therapists' reports, the separation agreement, and possibly by her spending records. Who signed the credit card receipts at department stores, art stores, whatever? I never believed the withholding money idea, either. She might have told her parents that, and they believed her. Can't blame them for believing whatever she said, she was their daughter.
It may be that the children are better off (at least for right now) but the way this whole thing was done STINKS, imo.

The autopsy report could show that there was evidence someone other than Brad committed the crime and if he didn't kill his wife, the grandparent's case doesn't have a leg to stand.

How? I mean strangulation is strangulation, BFT is BFT how can anyone prove Brad did or didn't do it at this early stage?? Unless it was strangulation and there is VERY clear finger prints around her neck. How can BFT be proven to be or not be Brad unless there is DNA present and at this point I don't believe any of those results are back yet. I'm asking because I don't know - I'm in no way trying to be mean about it. I truly don't know what the A/R could show at this point.

Nancy Cooper's family's attorney, Alice Stubbs, also filed numerous affidavits on the matter late Wednesday afternoon .Friends and neighbors also testify to the tension of the marriage and claim Nancy Cooper was trapped in the marriage. Jessica Adam, who reported Nancy Cooper missing, stated in an affidavit: "I believe that Brad murdered Nancy."

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3256442/

WoW!!!!

Now this is really getting interesting!

Friends and neighbors also testify to the tension of the marriage and claim Nancy Cooper was trapped in the marriage

:eek:
fran

PS....FWIW, I KNEW this was coming. The FRIENDS of Nancy are going to stick up for their MURDERED FRIEND!!!!!!! go get 'em!!!!

Here's my thing with the Harris Teeter trip for "bleach". Why would he address that? It has never been confirmed or denied by any Law Enforcement so why does he feel the need to address that. One of his ex girlfriends said that if he was not behind bars that he would have his head in the laptop even said he could be here reading. I wonder if he is. Why else would he address a rumor. I don't believe Nancy's parents ever brought up anything about the bleach either - at least nothing mentioned was mentioned in the emergency custody order. So why address that? If it isn't true - who cares????

The "bleach" reference could've been geared more toward Nancy Grace and those on cable tv. Public opinion really has nothing to do with anything, but we don't really know whether the cops have ever confirmed or denied the rumor to the grandparents, but if they haven't, then it takes away one thing they use to back their claim.

And, as I theorized in the "custody" subforum, I really expect a continuance on Friday (if all parties agree), so by putting it in the affidavit now, it makes certain that the true story gets into the public discussion.

Autopsy reports in NC typically take 2-3 months to complete.
Mr Blum knows this and is just posturing

-----of course, there is a preliminary report that said the death was homicide.
Strangulation ? blunt force trauma ? Gunshot ? stabbing ? ....none would exonerate Brad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheSolver