Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C - Media links only *NO DISCUSSION*

So he is still incarcerated for a crime he likely didn't commit. Another travesty of justice.

Yes, indeed he did confess. I saw it and heard it.
His admitted that he killed her, and in doing so, he received a lesser sentence. He confessed to the killing to the judge in the court room, and to the rest of the world.

And the reality of the US justice system is that innocent people confess for crimes they didn't commit if they believe that the alternative is significantly worse. And if an innocent person is convicted and receives a life sentence, doing a plea deal for a significantly lesser sentence is much better than spending life in jail for a crime you didn't commit.

That is reality.

I don't know if he is innocent or guilty. All I know is that the only evidence presented that pointed to his guilt was the google search, and that the police had already determined that he committed the crime long before they "discovered" the google search. Add to that the massive amount of exculpatory evidence, I find it very hard to believe that he committed this crime, regardless of his confession.

And the reality of the US justice system is that innocent people confess for crimes they didn't commit if they believe that the alternative is significantly worse. And if an innocent person is convicted and receives a life sentence, doing a plea deal for a significantly lesser sentence is much better than spending life in jail for a crime you didn't commit.

That is reality.

I don't know if he is innocent or guilty. All I know is that the only evidence presented that pointed to his guilt was the google search, and that the police had already determined that he committed the crime long before they "discovered" the google search. Add to that the massive amount of exculpatory evidence, I find it very hard to believe that he committed this crime, regardless of his confession.
It’s been so long ago that I followed this case closely. However, the body’s location was NOT THE ONLY EVIDENCE that pointed to his guilt. He was seen early in the morning buying cleaning supplies I think. The house showed signs of a struggle. He had been unfaithful. They had a very tumultuous relationship.

I struggled with this case. I didn’t find her (or him) likable at all. A lot of immaturity and back and forth hurting each other. But she didn’t deserve this and their kids lost the most.

With the issue of the Google search, I believe he got a fair deal. With that being said, if I was innocent and presented with that deal (after a decade in prison), I’d take it and not worry about the principle of admission of guilt for a crime I didn’t commit. But I still believe he’s guilty.

It’s been so long ago that I followed this case closely. However, the body’s location was NOT THE ONLY EVIDENCE that pointed to his guilt. He was seen early in the morning buying cleaning supplies I think. The house showed signs of a struggle. He had been unfaithful. They had a very tumultuous relationship.

I struggled with this case. I didn’t find her (or him) likable at all. A lot of immaturity and back and forth hurting each other. But she didn’t deserve this and their kids lost the most.

With the issue of the Google search, I believe he got a fair deal. With that being said, if I was innocent and presented with that deal (after a decade in prison), I’d take it and not worry about the principle of admission of guilt for a crime I didn’t commit. But I still believe he’s guilty.

He was seen buying laundry detergent and juice (not bleach, which was reported in the press), and he received a call from the house while he was at the store. There were no signs of a struggle. He had been unfaithful and that was part of the reason for their pending divorce.

I think everyone agrees that she didn't deserve this. And the kids definitely lost the most. Regardless of whether he is innocent or guilty, the kids lost both parents.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back