Nancy Grace.. 09.10.08 8PM

As far as NeJame is concerned, you never get a second chance to make a first impression. My first impression is certainly not good. I have dismissed him in my mind now as just another ineffective blowhard. Nowhere on his site does he claim to be a media/image consultant.

NeJame, IMO, is just another figure now in this circus of mistruths and halftruths (Cindy's words for LIES).

Err. it gets better LA- I need to find the quote on him about the never lose hope foundation

Ummm, if you read my post, that was exactly my point.

Ummm, I wrote that Casey faces serious charges even if she accidentally chloroformed Caylee to death.

Nancy incorrectly maintained that an accidental chloroform death was Murder One. First Degree Murder. That's what the One in Murder One is for. First Degree. Otherwise Nancy would've said Murder Two. Second Degree Murder. Which she didn't.

Accidently being the KEY word.
You accidently drop a child.
You might accidently back over one in the drive way.
You could have an accidental drowning.

Taking a toxic chemical that has killed numerous people, including many under professional medical care and INTENTIONALLY placing over a childs airway is not an accident. It is an intentional act, with forethought, and malice. Any REASONABLE person could project the outcome from those actions.

And the Florida statute for murder one does not require premeditation, death as an outcome of aggravated child battery qualifies in and of itself.

Ummm, if you read my post, that was exactly my point. Nancy incorrectly stated that this was Murder One, not Murder two.

Ummm, I wrote that Casey faces serious charges even if she accidentally chloroformed Caylee to death.

Nancy incorrectly maintained that an accidental chloroform death was Murder One. First Degree Murder. That's what the One in Murder One is for. First Degree. Otherwise Nancy would've said Murder Two. Second Degree Murder. Which she didn't.

Ummm, I did read all the posts in this entire thread.

I apologize. I thought when you said that the charges wouldn't trigger death or a life sentence, you meant the charges wouldn't trigger death or a life sentence. I must have NG-itis?

The bottom line is that in the referenced chloroform scenario, Casey is looking at 2nd degree murder charges in Florida.

Yes , Impatient, there would be an alternate instruction to the jury allowing them to find that it is an aggravated manslaughter since the victim is a child.

But she is looking at life under Florida statutes.

jmo

Yes I see what you mean Impatient, My Bad.

That's a first degree murder charge in Florida, the death during the commission of aggravated child abuse!

No premeditation needed. Death a possibility.

Thank you. I feel better...:blowkiss:

as quoted from chapter 782 section 04 of Florida Statutes:

The unlawful killing of a human being:

1. When perpetrated from a premeditated design to effect the death of the person killed or any human being;

2. When committed by a person engaged in the perpetration of, or in the attempt to perpetrate, any:

a. Trafficking offense prohibited by s. 893.135(1),

b. Arson,

c. Sexual battery,

d. Robbery,

e. Burglary,

f. Kidnapping,

g. Escape,

h. Aggravated child abuse,

This has nothing to do with premeditation, which, by the way, could happen in just a few seconds, not necessarily minutes. A person who accidentally chloroforms her kid to death, mistakenly thinking that the chloroform will merely induce sleep, unaware of the fatal consequences, and never intending to kill the child in the first place, premeditates nothing, as far as murder is concerned.

The issue is that in the accident hypothetical discussed on the NG show, there was no premeditation for a Murder One charge.

But under Florida law, there are vehicles other than premeditation which arrive at a murder one charge. Agree?

Oh yeah. Nancy's really grilling the family attorney. Scoring big points. Not!

Nancy couldn't grill a melted cheese samwich.

So what exactly did Nancy do here that would qualify as grilling? What deep secret did she manage to extract from the family lawyer. How did she trip him up? Cause I sure didn't see it. I saw a reasonable and professional acting lawyer, well spoken and articulate, tone down the shrieking Nancy, putting her in her place.

I'm no NG fan and love your cheese sandwich comment. But I've got to say Nejame did not impress me...to start with, I thought his makeup was a bit much, and distracted me, and he didn't look at all comfortable in front of the camera, swaying and fidgety. He says he's very media savvy, and that's why they hired him, but that's not what I saw at all. Not to say he's not a good lawyer, and I think, despite what he says, that they may need him for that very reason. IMOO

this is a PROSECUTOR'S DREAM case as far as the actual trial

the defense has nothing

to have a real defense you have to something that resembles possibilities

i dare them to try and defend this.. it will never happen

because of all the lies that are involved in the defense,, makes it laughable

yes, im back from another time out.......:mad:

But under Florida law, there are vehicles other than premeditation which arrive at a murder one charge. Agree?

You are correct. But the aggravated child abuse charges that would form the basis of Murder One charges also require the defendant to knowingly understand the effects of her actions.

I'm no NG fan and love your cheese sandwich comment. But I've got to say Nejame did not impress me...to start with, I thought his makeup was a bit much, and distracted me, and he didn't look at all comfortable in front of the camera, swaying and fidgety. He says he's very media savvy, and that's why they hired him, but that's not what I saw at all. Not to say he's not a good lawyer, and I think, despite what he says, that they may need him for that very reason. IMOO

Yeah. I wouldn't disagree with you. I wasn't saying that Nejame was or wasn't impressive. I never even tried to address that point. But there's no way that NH ate him up. I thought quite the opposite ... than in Nejame's calm way, he kept Nancy's shrieking theatrics in check.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back