Nancy Grace married and pregnant with twins??

Me too. Chances are very good everything will be just fine, the babies will probably be induced early or delivered by c-section a few weeks before the actual due date. They do this routinely now with twin pregnancies even in younger women- I know quite a few who have had twins and only one went near her real due date. They still ended up inducing her a couple days before the DD but most of the people were induced much earlier. Don't know why unless just a precaution to prevent problems?

Wow! Who's your OB? I had twins not that long ago and the b******s refused to induce me until my due date, NOT ONE SINGLE DAY before! Thank God, I went into labor at 37 weeks on my own. My girls weighed 7lb 2oz and 6lb 12oz at birth. Can you imagine what they would have weighed at 40 weeks! I remember sitting in my OB's office at 36 weeks crying my eyes out and begging them to induce me. They said it was well documented that twins were better off staying put as long as possible, if everything is going normally. My OB office was a large practice in a good sized city, affiliated with a prestigious medical school, so I know they weren't being old fashioned. I'm really surprised to hear that people are being induced early on a routine basis.

Good luck to you, Hermione. I hope you are feeling okay and taking care of yourself. Twins are a little extra work, but a lot of fun. Congratulations!

I'm very happy for Nancy! Sometimes I think she goes too far on her shows and can be irritating, but for the most part I've always liked her.

I wish her nothing but the best and I hope she has a wonderful and healthy pregnancy!! :)

I always thought she was Suzi Orman's lesbian twin sister?!?!?! Congrats to her.

Wait a minute....I read she is 4 months pregnant and expecting twins in January, something does not compute :confused: I am due on New Year's Eve, and I am 3 months pregnant. 13 weeks...also with twins, they usually "take them" early, you don't usually carry to fullest term...they want them to bake as long as possible but most people I know who have had twins- and that's 5 or 6 people at least- most people have them around 33-35 weeks, instead of the typical 40 weeks or so for a singleton. Don't know why this is so routine to take them early but it's done..but I'm thinking Nancy probably will have them early December.
i know a lot of mothers who have carried twins to full (at least 37 weeks). it is happening more and more. better prenatal care, overall health, and unknown factors are helping with the prematurity battle. :)

Wow! Who's your OB? I had twins not that long ago and the bastards refused to induce me until my due date, NOT ONE SINGLE DAY before! Thank God, I went into labor at 37 weeks on my own. My girls weighed 7lb 2oz and 6lb 12oz at birth. Can you imagine what they would have weighed at 40 weeks! I remember sitting in my OB's office at 36 weeks crying my eyes out and begging them to induce me. They said it was well documented that twins were better off staying put as long as possible, if everything is going normally. My OB office was a large practice in a good sized city, affiliated with a prestigious medical school, so I know they weren't being old fashioned. I'm really surprised to hear that people are being induced early on a routine basis.

Good luck to you, Hermione. I hope you are feeling okay and taking care of yourself. Twins are a little extra work, but a lot of fun. Congratulations!
It is very true. In our hospitals OB unit they have OUTLAWED any elective C-sections or inductions before the 39th week unless there is a darn good medical reason that can justify it. Most of the OB doctors, however, will make you hit the week of your due date before even scheduling anything - so many are somewhat "overdue" (but - with the way dating is you are plus / minus so many days so it is hard to tell how overdue you are / could be) before an induction is set. The risks are just way too great - singleton, multiples, ect to take babies early.

I hope it is true. I wish Nancy all the happiness in the world.With her money I dont think it will be so hard for her,sure she'll have help.

Good for Nancy and David!
I am not a big fan of the way she interrogates people on her show, but I love that she does it.
As far as people saying thinking this is a joke or whatever-she has always been very quiet regarding her pesonal life, which I also find very refreshing in this day of people throwing the woes of their life out for public consumption. So, Best Wishes to Nancy, David, and the twins.
BTW, I like her show TONS better than Greta, and I am pretty sure she checks in on this site, so lets try to be civil and happy for her, remember what mom always told you, "Don't say anything if you can't say something nice!!"

I am an identical twin and 35 years ago, my mother carried us all the way to 40 weeks. We each weighed over 7 lbs. That is not the norm, most twins are delivered before 40 weeks.

I have always like NG too. Do you ever see Amy Poehler impersonate her on SNL? Does a pretty good job.

I like Greta too, I just find her so darned unattractive, even with all that platic surgery she has had.

NG is a naturally pretty lady.

I LOVE Amy Poehler's impression, I think she is the best thing about SNL right now!!
I have wondered what NG thinks about it, she seems to have a sense of humor, maybe she is laughing with us.

On Nancy's last show they did a montage from her shows over the years. It was great, showing her going "Waah! Waah! Waah! etc. like she does) It sure seems like she has a sense of humor about herself.

No matter how her pregnancy was achieved, we all know that women up to age 60 (the Italian woman) are capable of carrying a baby.

I personally know one woman who had her first at age 40 and another who had her first at age 41. No nannies in either case, so they have been kept hopping at an age when I would not have wanted to be! (I was still in my teens for each of mine, as were many young women in those days. Girls graduating high school and getting an engagement ring! You don't see too much of that anymore!)

Oh, I am just thrilled for Nancy and can't wait to see her show tonight. And yes, I too thought she looked like she had gained some weight. Betcha all her CourtTV buddies are thrilled for her also!

I thought for sometime that she might have something going on with Daniel Horowitz, was kind of shocked to see it's a banker. :)

Love is in the air, Daniel is on his honeymoon.

"Epilogue: Defense attorney and TV legal analyst Daniel Horowitz is off on an Italian honeymoon after tying the knot with Valerie Northrup, whom he met after she was dismissed from the jury at the Susan Polk murder trial. "

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/06/24/BAGNBQKRGP1.DTL&type=politics

Congratulation to the happy couples!

Best wishes and congratulations to Nancy, her husband and their new family to be. I've attended a few conferences with her. She's petite and much better looking in real life. She's also much more laid back in real life too.

Nancy

Ohhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am very happy for Nancy! I think that is good news.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaEvans52
Back