Nancy Grace Monday 12/8/2008

I don't disagree and I think I said as much. But I do see addictive behavior. Addicitive behavior doesn't necessarily mean substance abuse.

In her case one could easily classify her many sexual partners and obsession with men as an addcitive behavior. It could be deduced that she gets a sense of well being when she partners different men and does it to her detriment. Classic addictive behavior. IMO she self medicates with alcohol and men.

For that matter she takes her partying to a level that it is wholly inappropriate;ie, partying it up after she has possibly killed her daughter.
Again, while I believe her diagnosis would be much more complex, I do see all the traits of a BP disorder. Obviously,even experts cannot make the diagnosis without interviewing her and exploring all aspects of her behavior up close and personal.
Do not misunderstand, I think there is more going on than BP. but what I was addressing was some thinking that she does not display BP behavior because she absoultely does.

When I grew up in Southern Florida, we simply labeled these very commonplace girls as "white-trash wh*res". Now they are "BiPolar self-medicating addicts". Times do change.

When I grew up in Southern Florida, we simply labeled these very commonplace girls as "white-trash wh*res". Now they are "BiPolar self-medicating addicts". Times do change.

sadly at the high school my kids go to---bi polar is a wanted illness...go figure that one!!!!

Looking for an excuse for their behavior???
"Girls (and boys) gone wild"?????:crazy:

more than likely---lets just say its a total different experience than when I was that age--granted we had angst however, we called it anger...I could tell you tales but don't want mods to get mad---but lets just say I'm the proud mom of two daughters that don't do drugs....or think its cool....

sorry mods....I'll behave!

This is so true and the worst part is the incorrect medication can often exacerbate the situation. I know in BP2 taking an antidepressant is one of the worst medication choices, and that is one of the first thing prescribed right out of the gate. Many anti-d's will send a BP patient into a manic state.

Oh, yeah.

You took that statement out of context. Read the rest of my posts and then perhaps you will see that you are comparing apples to oranges.

sadly at the high school my kids go to---bi polar is a wanted illness...go figure that one!!!!
Wow! Not around these parts. I would lighten my family members burden of this affliction in a heart beat. Cannot imagine why anyone would want to have this diagnosis.

LOL no kidding. It will never stop upsetting me how there has become this mind-set in society that when people see these partying, lying, thieves who are also *advertiser censored* with a sense of entitlement and no morals, respect or guilt the first thing they think of and bring up is Bipolar! I mean WTH?! Really, it bothers me that I have to live the rest of my life (and my son has to live the rest of his- and because it's genetic, HIS children may have to live with the stigma as well!) with that sickening mis-informed STIGMA attatched to me.

Sorry, I know we were asked to move this stuff to the psych thread but I got a chuckle out of your post and wanted to respond!

Wow! Not around these parts. I would lighten my family members burden of this affliction in a heart beat. Cannot imagine why anyone would want to have this diagnosis.

No joke! But in todays society people like to be able have an excuse for their bad behavior. It's sad I know but it's true. :mad:

It's the damn Emo culture, IMO! That and the good drugs we get :crazy:

they question it as well...weird youth is all I can say...perhaps its just society saying its okay if you can say mental illness? I do believe mental illness is getting a bad rap

It's the damn Emo culture, IMO! That and the good drugs we get :crazy:

yeah its the emos....there are alot of, shall we say, rec. drugs out there as well...some done right in classrooms....yes I do ponder taking them out and doing home schooling....between the kids wanting mental illness of all kinds--then the cutting and potential suicide. it is truly a messed up culture.....I also think they use the mental illness as an excuse rather than a reason--if that makes sense....

I find it a fascinating subject--and there are meds out there--we know more now then we did years ago---I just wish others didn't use it when it serves a purpose...

jmo
as stated in earlier post--going thru a tad insomonia so excuse anything that doesn't make sense....tia

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back