Nancy Grace ---- Thursday 12/11/08

Did anybody happen to notice the commercial for LKL tomorrow night? The
Anthonys are going to appear again "to discuss the skeletal remains found near their home." Is anyone as outraged about this as I am? Is this just me or what? The skeletal remains of your missing granddaughter have most likely been found and you can't resist the lure of the television cameras again?! Out of all the nauseating things they have done this has me the most sick. If I needed something to prove to me that these people aren't normal, this is it. I think I'm grieving more than they are.

that is the impression I got as well.. and if it is true.. then I dont think I can find an "excuse" for KC's parents anymore. Even on the idiotic chance they have one teeny iota of a hope the remains are not Caylees.. (which I do NOT believe they do) still, to go and appear on LKL instead of sitting outside the ME's office waiting for a definitive answer is so disgusting, I cannot even wrap my mind around it.

That IS good that TES called off the first search. TM is a good person to speak to speak to media and relate the issues of losing a child or searching. BUT for Tim to paint the picture that he was right in calling off the search is hooey considering he also said a month ago that she'd never be found, AND if it had been up to his words, she would not have been. I don't think he should be front and center since he left.

Man, it is not wonder anyone does volunteer work in this world. The amount of criticism is unbelievable. Give the guy a freaking break for crying out loud. He's dedicated his LIFE to this! He's gonna be wrong sometimes. He has in NO WAY deserved the criticism he has gotten. Have some appreciation.

duct tape

It will be interesting to see what the specifics of the duct tape were. I have heard 3 different accounts 1/the bag was partially wrapped in duct tape 2/ the mouth of the skull had duct tape 3/there was duct tape on the head of the skull.

Which is it? But I agree, duct tape will hold evidence such as finger prints, and hair, dirt...if the dirt from the backyard matches the dirt in the bag or on said duct tape, etc .

I'm just glad they found her (May she rest in peace).

Anthonys are going to appear again "to discuss the skeletal remains found near their home." Is anyone as outraged about this as I am? Is this just me or what? The skeletal remains of your missing granddaughter have most likely been found and you can't resist the lure of the television cameras again?! Out of all the nauseating things they have done this has me the most sick. If I needed something to prove to me that these people aren't normal, this is it. I think I'm grieving more than they are.

The A's live in the same world as their daughter.

I don't think she ran out of gas.
I think she had to have a reason for being there, in case someone saw her car parked there for awhile.
I'm wondering who fenced off that property? Tim said they had checked it but couldn't check it since it's dried out due to it now being fenced off.
Who does that piece of land belong to, anybody know?

The shovel being returned after she realized how hard it would be to dig a hole makes sense. Here is what I think happened, this is the same location that Tony says she called and says she ran out of gas. He described it as a back route she takes to cut through the neighborhood. When he got there she was walking to the Anthony's house, he says they went to the house, pried the shed open and went back for the car. She was insistent that she put the gas in herself. Tony says this was the 23rd to his recollection, but her text messages say it is the 20th, and the neighbor saw the green "truck" and a guy there with her on the 20th. If she did truly run out of gas at this spot on the 20th, she couldn't walk away from an abandoned car with a dead body in the trunk, so she walked in to the woods and dumped the bag. She clearly went in just far enough to not be seen from the road, the same distance our peeing utility worker would have gone. If Tony's date is mistaken and it is the 20th, that fits really closely with the forensic reports as well.

I wonder if she borrowed the shovel on the 18th to pry the shed open but couldn't get it done? Tony doesn't say whose idea it was to pry the door open, just that he did with his golfclub if I recall correctly.

Did anyone else hear the guest Medical Examiner state that the skull should still be attached to the body? It was not normal for it to "roll" out of the bag. I think he mentioned decapitation. This was not Kobi who said this and NG just skipped on to the next question.

I think she had to have a reason for being there, in case someone saw her car parked there for awhile.
I'm wondering who fenced off that property? Tim said they had checked it but couldn't check it since it's dried out due to it now being fenced off.

If it were that fenced in then the person who found the bag would'nt have been able to find the bag. Tim said a neighbor told him that the spot had just dried out about two weeks ago.

[url='http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3045688&postcount=106"]Show Videos and Transcript[/url]​

Developers.

They keep calling the home a crime scene. Crime scene to me is where a criminal act occurred. Could they have found a bloody knife or paver or other murder weapon that matched something from the home? If it was a paver, that could be why they are now in the back yard. Clothes or toys wouldn't connect the remains to the home, therefore the home couldn't be called a crime scene because no one would know if a crime occurred there or somewhere else.

A crime scene can be where evidence is found or collected as well. Legally speaking, I think.... it is any place that can be related back to the crime itsself, but tecnically, it is usually where either the body is found, or the location yields enough evidence to tie into the crime. And they want to determine if the death occurred there... which I think is highly unlikely, but you never know.

I have a feeling that this part of the show was taped early yesterday before the A's returned to FL, because they are back in Orlando now. Just my guess. I don't think they would have flown home and then back to CA just for that. Maybe they were going to do another taping and got the call just prior to it... so this was a bonus interview... I have no idea, but just thinking out loud. I certainly would not want to be doing LK under these circumstances, but who knows?

Did anyone else hear the guest Medical Examiner state that the skull should still be attached to the body? It was not normal for it to "roll" out of the bag. I think he mentioned decapitation. This was not Kobi who said this and NG just skipped on to the next question.

Disarticulation is natural in the decomposition process, either by animals or bugs working on whatever they can get at. A small child's bones are particularly soft. When the guy tripped or moved the bag, it isn't unreasonable to believe that the bones holding the skull to the rest of the skeletal remains were disturbed enough that the skull disarticulated.

But for that, I think speculation is moot. They have her in their care now at the ME's office. I will wait for the results.

that is the impression I got as well.. and if it is true.. then I dont think I can find an "excuse" for KC's parents anymore. Even on the idiotic chance they have one teeny iota of a hope the remains are not Caylees.. (which I do NOT believe they do) still, to go and appear on LKL instead of sitting outside the ME's office waiting for a definitive answer is so disgusting, I cannot even wrap my mind around it.

We're all in tears and they're going on national T.V.! :furious:

Those two will never believe it's Caylee. CORRECTION: They might believe it's Caylee, but they will never believe KC killed her. Unreal!

Hi Sweetwater - I was looking at the local tax assessor data on their website last night.

If the place where the remains were found is in the area SOUTH of Suburban Drive then there are two parcels one is a deep lot that a house on it faces Hopespring Dr and this is essentially their back yard. Then there is another parcel that runs right along Suburban Dr, but has no house on it.

If it was NORTH of Surburban Dr. it could be the school property - I'll go look again now.

Hi Sweetwater - I was looking at the local tax assessor data on their website last night.

Sweetwater - the parcel on the corner of Hopespring & Suburban (4701 Hopespring Dr) is listed in the tax assessor database and so is the owners name.

The parcel that backs up the this one and goes along Suburban has no street address - no house.

These are the lots SOUTH of Suburban in the wooded area.

Well, you're entitled to that opinion, but TM's words don't actually have effects in the world in terms of finding a body. His opinion as someone with much experience searching for dead bodies was that Caylee was most likely unfindable at this point in time.

Yes, he was wrong about that. How does that impact the fact that, in retrospect, he was right to call of the search due to high water? They're two different judgments; one was wrong and the other was right. If people on this board were taken to task for every wrong judgment we'd made about this case...well, many of us would be hearing about it all night long. Luckily, we are not all spokespeople for searches for living or dead people or for investigators, etc. We are sleuths doing what we can from where we are and with the time and resources we have--that can do a lot! TM is a spokesperson because he runs a successful non-profit that locates people.

It does not impact the fact that he was right to call off the first search, I never said it did.

You are right, we're all entitled to our opinion. People see what they want to see, and there's no point in me continuing my point because I don't think any facts I could say would change your opinion.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back